D&D: Horror on the Hill: Beginnings

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The chest is indeed locked. Seeing as how you searched the bodies above (which I missed), on the neck of the bugbear that was carrying the axe, you find a thong around its neck with two keys.

T

train

(thanks - how many sleeps left - if any...)

"well - let's see what one of these keys will open?..."

(chest, then beds...)

(Do any of the bugbears have any weapons or armor that are better than what we currently have?)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
* You have one sleep spell left

One of the keys opens the chests. The beds aren't locked?

Their weapons don't look any better than yours, as far as you can tell.

T

train

Si'Nat

"So - what's in here..."

(searches through chest...)

(I meant after finishing with the chest - checking the beds and under them, etc. for items, treasure, documents, etc.)

(Also - what day is it - we were originally supposed to meet our ride in 5 days I thought...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like you find a little stash. In the chest is a suit of leather armor, a shortsword, a bow, a quiver almost filled with arrows, a sack, and a backpack.

** It's the middle of Day 4. I don't think you're getting back in time.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It looks like Cugel and Si'Nat will have to divvy up the arrows, as both are interested :)

Cugel doesn't find any traps on either the sack or backpack. Si'Nat is ready to dig in :)

T

train

"Ok - here's what we got... Cugel - as we're both arrow-users - let's split the arrows...

The bow, shortsword and leather armor are up for anyone that wants them..."

(Si'Nat takes the sack and dumps it on the bed... electrum, silver and gold pieces fall onto the bed.)

"Everyone will get their equal share of these..."

(Si''Nat then takes the backpack and places its contents on the table... The backpack rope, two flasks of oil, and a set of thieves' lock-picking tools and sit on the table...)

"These are anyone's to take..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Kurik says, "I don't need any of that stuff, but how about we just divvy up the treasure afterwards? No sense in wasting time now to count it and divide it equally (or we can do it when we camp for the night)."

T

train

(agrees during camp for the night is fine... packs it all up and readies to leave...)

Si'Nat

"So - off we are then..."

(still heading NW I would guess...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You exit the room and go west for 30', turn south for 10', and come to an intersection. The passage continues south for 10' before ending in a door. It also goes west for 20' before ending in a door.

Attachments

T

train

Si'Nat

"South or West... well 's' comes before 'w' in someone's language - so we'll check the South door first..."

(Goes up to the door and listens for anything inside - if nothing heard will attempt to open - checking keys if needed... If Cugel would like to check for traps, that is fine... Preps for battle with bow and sleep...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Cugel doesn't find any. Si'Nat tries opening the door and finds it locked. He tries his keys and finds the other one he took from the bugbear fits and unlocks it.

T

train

(Enter and whoops some tail if needed...)

"Come out, come out wherever your are..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You enter a dingy 10' square room which appears to be more like a cell, judging from the presence of a haggard human inside.

"Ah, freedom at last, I hope?" the man inquires.

T

train

Si'Nat

"Well - who are you?... How did you get here, and why would you think we are your way to freedom?"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"The name's Cullen. I've been held here for about three weeks by these goblinoids, and since I haven't seen a dwarf or elf working with them, I assume you're fighting against them. Is that correct?"