D&D: Horror on the Hill: Beginnings

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
**You did, but when I said you needed to rest above, you were actually over your time to rest ('cause I was busy rolling for wandering monsters and having you travel before I realized how many turns it took you to get to the door :) ). So I kinda retro'd your rest in.

You rest and Cugel tries again, but no go.

T

train

(ponders to self...)

Si'Nat

"I wonder if one of these would work...Cugel - let me try something..."

(tries the keys on his newly acquired key ring...)

T

train

(forgot - you did mention that...)

Si'Nat

"Well - Cugel - back to you..."

(If Cugel can't get it on this round - how strong is the make of the door? - can we "beat" through it if desired?)

T

train

(Screw it... Begin hacking at the thing... - I know, noise, etc. - no surprise to anything within... but - gotta do something...)

"Ok door - take this..."

(Begins to attempt hacking through it...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Rondo's powerful strength is enough to smash the door open. However, it appears your attempts to open the door have awakened the inhabitants.... inside waiting for you, armed to the teeth, are three bugbears: one armed with an axe and the other two with swords. They are not surprised of course.... and neither are you.

Round 1: Party has initiative.

T

train

(Sleep if I have it - if not - then bow... I need to find a way to remember this stuff...)

Si'Nat

"Alrighty then... we have some house-warming hosts..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** Doesn't everyone have Columbus Day off? :D

Cugel lets loose and hits one of the sword-wielding bugbears, which doesn't seem to faze it.

Si'Nat murmurs the words to his Sleep spell and all three topple over.

T

train

(Slitting throats and searching them and the room... What else do we notice in the room? And am I out of sleep spells now?)

"Man - I have that effect on women too... heh..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** You have one Sleep spell left

The bugbears lie in pools of widening blood. You look around the room, which you notice to be 30' square. It contains six large beds, a table on which lie three empty bowls, and an old-looking chest.

Attachments

T

train

Si'Nat

Head over to check the chest... considering these are bugbears - won't check for traps - if locked - will let Cugel attempt to pick... (bound to get one sometime...jk) If cugel has to pick it - will start checking under beds, mats, etc.

"well - what's in here..."

or

"Cugel - would you do the honors? I'll check over here in the meantime..."