D&D: Horror on the Hill: Beginnings

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** Doh! I missed there was a "P" on the second map. You're the "P" in the first ma, in the middle on the east side.

If you put the second map below the first, there's only one place you can go, the unexplored passage to the south on the west side. However, there's two ways to get there from where you currently are: Go north out of the room, west past the smithy where you freed Gareth, take the first south corridor, go all the way south until you get to the door in the west wall, and go through it to the west and then south to the unexplored area.

Or you can go past the smithy and past the first south corridor and go to the second and turn south, where you pass the arena to the west where you fought the wolves, and go all the way south through the door to the unexplored area.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Both routes are about the same distance and neither one seems strictly advantageous. Any preferences from anyone?

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
**Isn't there also an unexplored section of the first map in the upper left-hand corner that disappears off to the west?**

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** TomB is correct, there is also an unexplored section up the northwest area. I forgot about that too :eek: And it's closer :)

T

train

(Well - I'm up for unexploered areas anytime...)

Si'Nat

"C'mon guys - lets go see what we missed..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It takes you about 3 1/2 turns to get to the point in the map in the NW where you had gone (near the room with the secret passage) and you spend another turn and go 30' west when the passage splits again. There's a door 10' to the south and you can see the passage continues west for 30' and then turns south. You do need to rest again.

Attachments

T

train

(rest - then hit up the door to the south... check for traps, then enter ready for battle if no traps found...)

Si'Nat

"I wonder what's behind door number 1..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You rest and check the door for traps and don't find any. Upon trying to open the door however, you find the door is locked.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
*Man, Cugel am so totally searching that lock for traps this time before trying to pick it. Like you wouldn't believe.*

T

train

(Ready to fire with the bow as the door opens...)

Si'Nat

"C'mon Cugel... get 'er open..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Cugel gets to work and thinks he almost has it, and then his lockpick breaks (fortunately, he has several more). Meanwhile, it's already time to rest.