D&D: Horror on the Hill: Beginnings

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You actually should have rested during that 50', so I'll fold one in for you :)

You travel another 50' and can keep going east or go south; you rest while you make a decision.

Attachments

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You head 10' and see you have another 20' to go before it seems to open up into a room. A distant, rhythmic <clanging> sound can be heard.

B

BigBlue

Proceed with Caution... In fact, our "stealthy" folk should go ahead and scout... The rest of us will wait back a bit.

D

DarthFerret

Obviously not me. I think this armor would make a bit too much noise.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I think the thief could try hiding in shadows/moving silently, if he was trying to be stealthy. Outside of that I'd say the elves would be light on their feet, though I doubt it would matter using D&D rules...;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** yeah, regarding Basic D&D rules, the only one that could "do" something stealthy is the Thief, with his Move Silently ability (20% for Cugel). Hide In Shadows only works if you're not moving

B

BigBlue

If no one is feeling stealthy enough to scout ahead, I guess we'll just go in our normal order...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
All righty.

You move cautiously towards the sound and see a light ahead. After the 20', you find yourselves facing a large room where four huge furnace fires burn along the west wall. The air is sooty and smoky. The fires are heating various pieces of metal, which are being forged into swordblades and spearheads. Working in this forge are eight hobgoblins, something that looks to be a very giant, hairy goblin, and a very dirty dwarf, imprisoned by a ball and chain attached to his ankle.

As you enter the room, the monsters drop what they're doing and attack. Fortunately, you're not surprised as you were forewarned by the <clanging>

Round 1 - Party has initiative.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Rondo will shoot with his bow at the lead monster until he must melee, then he'll fight with his axe...:)