D&D: Horror on the Hill: Beginnings

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You see a large room, about 30' E-W and 50' N-S, containing four long tables each bracketed by a pair of benches, that easily identify this room's purpose. Two of the tables are covered with dirty bowls and spilled wine, as if a meal had been eaten recently. There's a door in the center of the south wall.

B

BigBlue

We'll go in cautiously and check around for anything of value etc.

Then we'll check the door in the South Wall for traps etc.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You enter the room and start to look around but almost as quickly, the south door opens and two very small goblins carrying large, empty trays come strolling in. They see you, squeak in fright, and drop their trays and race back through the door.

B

BigBlue

If there's an opportunity, I'll throw a dagger at them before they flee...

Then I guess we'll rush in. (like fools)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
There isn't an opportunity to attack them; it happens so quick and while you are off-guard...

You open the door to the south and see a smaller room, about 30' E-W and 20' N-W containing a large oven, two cookstoves, and a pantry filled with dry beans, some stale bread, and a number of cheap ceramic bowls. There's a door in the east wall. The room is empty.

Wilhelm stays behind in the other room and checks out the bowls and wine - nothing of note except it's pretty cheap stuff.

Attachments

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Spiderman;282153 said:
You open the door to the south and see a smaller room, about 30' E-W and 20' N-W containing a large oven, two cookstoves, and a pantry filled with dry beans, some stale bread, and a number of cheap ceramic bowls. There's a door in the east wall. The room is empty.
:confused:

B

BigBlue

Check for Concealed/Secret doors - including trapdoors in the floor/ceiling...

Also - check the oven - if it isn't turned on they may have hidden in there.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Cugel - Sorry, I meant empty of living creatures, i.e. the goblins that ran into here.

You spend two turns searching very thoroughly, but find nothing - the oven's off and nothing's in there.

D

DarthFerret

I guess we better head off to the east (the only other exit out of here right?) and see what kind of alarm they are trying to raise.

B

BigBlue

Is the door in the east wall locked?

We'll close the door to the dining room and rest a turn before heading out to the hallway and go back North.

I don't like the alarm having been raised...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, it *was* locked (it was the door you guys checked earlier), but now it's not.

You rest a turn, exit, and head north. After passing the door to the dining room, you travel another 40' before coming to a door in the west wall. The passage continues north for at least 30'.

Attachments