D&D: Horror on the Hill: Beginnings

B

BigBlue

*If they seem to drop quickly from missile fire (like 1 or 2 die in the first round), I'll instead draw daggers to throw next round when they are within my range. Unless I don't get to react to missile results...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
So we have the three in the room, Cugel, Bertrem, and Kurik firing missiles and Patrick in the doorway ready to provide magic support if need be.

Cugel fires into the crowd and sees a solid hit, but not enough to knock it out of the air.
Bertrem fires a sling stone and looks to hit the same one, but still not enough.
Kurik's arrow goes wide.

Patrick, seeing as how the missiles failed to knock any down, casts his Sleep spell. All of them tumble to the ground.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You finish them off without any real problems. One thing you do notice when you're close up is that they're not killer bees; they don't have a stinger or anything. They rather look like giant flies that happen to have black and yellow stripes.

D

DarthFerret

"Ok, now can we get the gems outta the statue? Or is there something else?"

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
"A false trap? Curious..."

Cugel will carefully examine the skull again. It may have been a decoy of some sort to lull would-be thieves into carelessness.

B

BigBlue

That actually makes me feel better... Bees in a cave seemed really out of place, these could be some other cave insect... it isn't like the stripes were painted on them, is it?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Cugel re-checks the skull but finds nothing further.

Patrick notes that while the stripes weren't painted on but rather part of the skin pattern, these are still huge flies (3 feet!) and have rather huge mouths that could probably take a chunk out of someone.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It appears your caution has paid off, for the gems come off with just a little effort and no more traps going off! You also decide that it's a good time to rest :)

So now you have two glittering gems.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Speaking of which, Cugel will permanently switch to the longbow keeping the shortbow only as a backup for now.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Pleased with his bow, Cugel switches to it.

In terms of healing, Cugel and Bertrem have scratches, Si'Nat has a deeper scratch, and Rondo has a slightly deeper wound still. But no one is seriously or even mediumly wounded.

And you rest without incident.

B

BigBlue

We'll leave and head back N to where we saw a door to the W (Referenced in #1013).

D

DarthFerret

Well, lets have our resident trap-finder check out this door and we can see what is behind it before we move on.