D&D: Horror on the Hill: Beginnings

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
From the hallway, Wilhelm offers, "Maybe we could continue north down this hallway and stop killing everything we meet?"

D

DarthFerret

Bertrem

Takes a final look around the room, and if nothing out of th ordinary jumps out at him, will turn towards the north passage waiting to follow the leader.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"North it is Wilhelm, but iffin you wanna lead you kin make sure WE don't kill ennythin ennymore...;)"

**We gonna burn the pieces of that troll-like thing, or what?**

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Looking around the room, it appears to be empty. It's a 30' square room with the door in the middle of the west wall.

Kurik replies, "Might be a good idea. I don't think we want it to be coming after us later..."

Attachments

B

BigBlue

If there's a safe place to burn it w/o worrying about setting the place on fire, I'll cover it in lantern oil and ignite it.

Then, we'll rest our turn before using the door in the western wall.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
"I am not resting in here with a burning monster......," exclaims Wilhelm,"There are two doors in this room? We came in the east door and here is another door to the west." "Maybe we could rest somewhere less stinking/"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
**Sorry, I meant "east" instead of "west"; i.e. the door you came in. There's only one door, the map is correct.

B

BigBlue

(There wasn't a fireplace etc close by was there?)

We'll head out the door then go North after we deal w/ the remains.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No fireplace nearby; the room is devoid of furniture and things.

Patrick uses a flask of oil to burn the creature's remains.

You actually don't need to rest yet; you have 3 more turns of activity before needing to rest.

So off to the north you go... for 40', and then the passage splits east and west. You can see that 10' to the east the passage ends in a door in the east wall and to the west, there's a door 30' away in the south wall while the passage continues west.

Attachments

B

BigBlue

Head West, then we'll check out the door to the South. As long as it's safe, we'll go in.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
When you get to the door, you see the passage still continues west for at 30'.

You don't find anything on the door nor hear anything inside, so you open it.

This room is 20' N-S and 40' E-W and devoid of furniture also. The bodies of two humans who obviously died violently are sprawled across the floor. One is wearing plate mail and is carrying a shield and sword whose tip is broken; the tip lies across the room from the body. Strapped to his back is a quiver holding some arrows and a longbow. The other dead human is wearing deeply gashed leather armor. A shortsword lies on the floor near his body.

Attachments

B

BigBlue

Exit this room... I don't want to end up like them... If someone wants to quickly and carefully loot the bodies, have at it... From the doorway, I'll look up, anything on the ceiling?

(How do you break off a sword tip - did we face something that could do that?)

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Rondo carefully looks the bodies over. If nothing looks out of place he checks for loot, he replenishes his lost arrows from the quiver, and if the shortsword or the shield look unusual he calls the magic people over for a look before touching anything...;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** If the sword is poorly forged or it hits just right against metal armor/hard surface, I suppose the tip can break off

Patrick exits the room and stands watch in the doorway as Rondo searches the bodies. Nothing on the ceiling.

The bodies look mutilated of sorts... like something was feeding on them. No loot, so Rondo takes the arrows (12). The shortsword and shield don't look magical but the longbow has some ornate carvings on it.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"Suren that bow looks to big for me to use...Mebbe the bloodthirsty elf shud take it..."

** Anyone seen Train lately? **

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
If the Shield looks more sturdy than the one I have, I'll trade mine for it..... Wilhelm feels that he has to leave something in exchange for it.....