D&D: Horror on the Hill: Beginnings

B

BigBlue

It works great as a sharpening stone as I recall... Also very good for removing calouses... :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You travel east for 30' (a turn), rest for a turn, travel 20' and turn north, travel 40' and come to a door in the west wall. The passage continues north.

Attachments

B

BigBlue

ok, EXTREMELY cautious then... maybe we can get surprise if they're distracted by their own racket...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You open the door and see and lone hobgoblin squatting in a corner gnawing an old bone. He IS surprised!

Round 1 - Party has initiative 'cause monster is surprised.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Kurik joins the party also...

Bertrem misses while Kurik slashes its chest. Rondo opens a huge wound in its leg.

Round 2 - Monster gets initiative.

Strangely, the blood flowing from its chest wound seems to slow slightly. Roaring, it attacks Kurik with its claws, but he manages to dodge the swipes.

Party's turn...

B

BigBlue

How about some lantern oil for him then when we get him down... (I'll start digging a flask out of my pack). Then I'll attempt dagger throwing.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
*Cugel will be ready to jump in if anyone gets hurt by the hobgoblin (if he can get there, I'm not sure).*

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Cugel - you would be able to get to him, he was in a corner so you guys just piled into the room :)

Patrick digs for a flask of oil.
Bertrem, Rondo, and Kurik continue their assault, with Kurik and Rondo taking pieces of it until they dismember it.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Rondo stops hacking at the pieces and, noting the strange bleeding, tries to examine what's left.

"Is it wearin any kinda jools or anythin magic-lookin? Cuz it wuz kinda funny how it was bleedin a lot an then not so much...;)"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It's not carrying anything; in fact, it's pretty filthy and dirty. Close up, you can see that it's not quite a hobgoblin but does bear a resemblence to it - perhaps one or two more species could be involved.