D&D: Horror on the Hill: Beginnings

D

DarthFerret

**Question, is it too late to start taking back control of Bertrem? My life has slowed down enough to allow this now. If someone else already has, that is fine**

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** Of course you can take back Bertrem. No one else has been controlling him, except myself when needed

D

DarthFerret

**Can you PM me an updated Char sheet then so I know what I have and can do now...**

D

DarthFerret

Bertrem

Push up towards the front and prepare to melee with the mace.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** Wow, almost everyone responded for this, except for train who's been MIA lately... :eek: :)

Rondo shoots and hits one of the lead goblins, who staggers but doesn't fall. Cugel hits the one next to it with a solid shot. Patrick's dagger just barely misses one of the goblins. Kurik's arrow flies way to the right and shatters on a wall. Si'Nat's arrow finishes off the goblin that Rondo hit.

The goblins charge up, shouting something, and Rondo and Bertrem brace for their attack. A goblin each attacks Rondo and Bertrem and they take the blows on their shield or armor. The remaining goblin lurks behind, waiting for an opportunity to strike.

Round 2 - Goblins get initiative

Rondo and Bertrem's armor proves too strong for their blows so far.

Unfortunately, Rondo and Bertrem miss their opponents also.

Round 3 - Party gets initiative.

Bertem hits a glancing blow on his opponent.

Rondo and Bertrem dodge the goblins attempts to strike them.

Rondo again misses.

Round 4 - Goblins get initiative.

Rondo is hit for a mere scratch (1 dmg) while Bertrem remains unscathed.

Rondo's axe finally takes off his opponent's head. Bertrem misses though.

Round 5 - Party gets initiative

Bertrem's blow falls on the goblin's shield.

The goblins, having lost half their number, turn to flee...

B

BigBlue

Give Chase... if we can get any missile fire in there, I'll throw a dagger.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Wilhelm

Cowers.... er sits with his back to a wal and his shield in front of him.... uh... protecting the party's rear flank.......

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Rondo finishes out the round by slaying another with a mighty blow as it turned to flee.

Round 6 - Goblin gets initiative.

It flees 20' down the corridor.

Cugel, Kurik, and Si'Nat fire arrows but only Si'Nat hits. Right behind it comes one of Patrick's daggers, felling it.

D

DarthFerret

Search the bodies for any loot, and check to see how badly the party was injured (if at all really)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
*Retrieves any unbroken arrows. Also, I'd like to do an arrow count for all of our bowmen just to see what kind of shape we're in for keeping up our firepower in fights like these, as they seem to be pretty numerous.*

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
There are no recoverable arrows.

** To make it easier for me, I've just decided that all arrows shot are useless afterwards

Arrow count:

Cugel: 46
Si'Nat: 17
Rondo: 35
Kurik: 34

B

BigBlue

*If you're changing that... don't you think we'd have brought more then?

We continue back where we left off.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, the only one who really doesn't have a lot is Si'Nat. 35 arrows is probably pretty good for the rest of you guys.

But if you run out, I'll say you had bought more :) Just for this adventure...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You've made it back to the room area without further incident. To refresh your memory, there's a door in the south wall of the corridor outside the room, the room itself, and a door in the east wall of the room.