D&D: Horror on the Hill: Beginnings

T

train

(Will finish them off...)

(So I'm confused... I guess... in order of description - they are attacking before I'm shooting... Is this triggered by taking the ring - or would they have lunged period?... If just hungry - I don't see how taking the ring might cause them attacking?...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** They are indeed attacking before you shoot - I know you said you were shooting when they growled, but I wanted to give you guys a chance to try to win them over and shooting them obviously would have prevented that... It was indeed triggered by the taking of the ring and thus actually touching the bodies. They were the dead bodies' guard wolves and while they were fine with you guys approaching the bodies, actually touching them was a no-no. Being hungry though and since their masters were dead, if you had fed them, their loyalty would have transferred to you and you would have been able to touch the bodies then.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Wilhelm, hearing the growls and movement glances towards the dogs and trips over one of the bodies out stretched arms.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Cugel and Si'Nat shoot at the remaining wolf and Si'Nat hits solidly. Rondo swings again and finishes it off. Kurik started moving down the stairs to assist but stops when he sees the wolves are all dead. Wilhelm trips over a body while backpedaling and lies there shaking :)

T

train

(Will keep a post up here, watching the room, unless thr group heads off - will then join...)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
"Don't ask me....", whispers Wilhelm, "But I wonder what killed these people and what this ring is for?"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Beats me, but it looks like something a magic-user might use. Hey, any of you magic guys have a Detect Magic spell or something?"

B

BigBlue

Patrick

"Now is not the time to 'experiment'... I'll look at it later, it could be used for any number of things - some of which are not necessarilly magic userlike. Though the old user did appear to be a mage. Anything else of use on the bodies before we move on?"

B

BigBlue

OK, time to move on...

We'll head back relatively where we came in and head South

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Makes sense to me. Or should we search the rest of the arena first? It is pretty big and that may take some time, but you never know...

B

BigBlue

Patrick

I don't have too much of a problem searching, but I'm concerned by the wide open space - and the fact these bodies are pierced w/ arrows within this space...

I don't wish to end up the same as them. :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Kurik says, "Well, since no one wants to search the whole place, let's move on."

The party goes back the way they came and head south. 30' south you come to another 20' wide entrance to the place to the west and another 40' south is another 20' wide entrance to the place. 30' more south takes you to a door in the east wall and you can see a door in the south wall 10' more to the south where the passage ends.

(Put the first map on top of the second map)

Attachments

B

BigBlue

Standard door procedures apply...

We should rest a bit before opening it. (our one turn). Also, I'd like to inspect the ring... See if there are any inscriptions or the like.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Why, sure here it is..... I couoldn't find anything to identify the ones who died in there or anything about the ring.