D&D: Horror on the Hill: Beginnings

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Are the Wolves chained? (can I hear or see a chain) Do they move together as if trained?
Are these bodies human or something else? What type of armor is the one that is not metal? (It would be an oddity and therefore draw attention)

If I can't see something from where I am (kneeling by the bodies), then I will ignore it.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The wolves are not chained and they do seem to move together as if trained.

The bodies are human - two of them are in plate mail with swords, longbows, and arrows. One is in leather with a shortsword and dagger. The last is is robes.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Robes? Is there a bag or something around that one? A holy symbol? Anything to tell who or what he was? Maps?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Nothing to tell who or what he was (well, they're all human). No bags or holy symbols or maps. Upon closer inspection, he does have a ring around a finger, but that's it.

B

BigBlue

A Wing? Awound his Fingew? Weally?

We should gwab it!

*sorry, don't know why I had the Monte Python Urge this fine am...*

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Maybe it will be a clue to who he was.....
Wilhelm takes the ring off the finger and inspects the inside and outside of the ring for something to shine light on who this was and why they were here.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
As Wilhelm reaches out to the figure, the scrawny and underfed wolves growl louder and take on a menacing tone.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Rondo takes up a guarding position between Wilhelm and the wolves, and faces them with his axe in his hands, himself growling menacingly...:)

T

train

(Still at a high point - Fires at one of the wolves... Though I can see them being protective, I don't think they'll be aiding us... Will be aiming to finish them both off...)

(afterwards...)

(Keeps an eye on the surrounding area and wil watch for other movement...)

B

BigBlue

Would someone offer the wolves something to eat!

My guess is they'll be friends for life...

T

train

(I'll confiscate them...)

:cool:

(I guess I am missing exactly what is going on right now...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Kurik whispers to Si'Nat "Well, they sort of look underfed, so I guess Patrick is suggesting that if we feed them, they'll be our friends and we'll be their new masters..."

B

BigBlue

Patrick

*I would do it myself, but I think I'm very low on rations... what is our supply Spidey?*

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** I actually missed Wilhelm's post of taking the ring... I had hoped to forestall Si'Nat's shooting a little bit in case anyone else jumped in, but that clinches it (the actual taking of the ring)... I guess this just means two less NPCs I have to worry about, actually, although it would have been nice to have some guard wolves... no one picked up on the "scrawny and underfed" part except Patrick and still no one jumped in... I even included it in the description I PMed to Wilhelm and Cugel when they first went to investigate the bodies...

Wilhelm pries the ring off and jumps back. The wolves give a final growl and lunge at Wilhelm and Rondo. Si'Nat fires an arrow and hits one square in the back but it doesn't seem to faze it. Rondo's axe swing finishes it off however.

Round 2 - Party gets initiative.