D&D: Horror on the Hill: Beginnings

T

train

(will check the door, check for sounds, and open when ready...)

"Well, what's behind door number one..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Nothing on the door, nor no sounds behind it.

Opening it, you find a 10' square room that's empty except for a pair of wooden bunks.

T

train

(agreed checking under bunks, etc. then proceed back down the hall...)

"Well - even no action is sometimes interesting.."

B

BigBlue

Check for traps around it, then see what's behind it - does it appear to be a mechanism (for a secret door) - or a hiding place?

"Nice Work Cugel!"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No traps... checking behind it reveals a small passage, about 10' wide and 5' high heading south. The passage looks rough-hewn, not like the rest of the level that you've seen so far.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Blocking the door with the bunks, you duck/crouch down (except Rondo) and head down the passage. It goes for about 20', turning slightly southeast, then ends abruptly.

T

train

(I don't know if that is a good thing or not... get us all the way in here and possibly have a trap...)

"Well guys - in case this is a trap, be ready to get out of here..."

(check behind it, move, it, etc..)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Checking behind it reveals a passage going northeast-southwest, whose "structure" is back to the "regular" form (of the type of the room and passages before it; not the hand-hewn one that the secret passage seems to be made of).

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Si'Nat takes the the silence behind him as assent. You head southwest for about 30' and it turns south. You go 20' when you come to a 20' wide opening to the west leading to a huge room with torches. The passage continues south.

Attachments

B

BigBlue

Patrick

Yeah, we'll cautiously investigate the room. I don't like all the unknown behind us... Be careful cautious one, or you may be attacked from the rear.

And I don't want to cause strife, but if you get us into trouble by fleeing a battle, you'll be on your own from my standpoint.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Rondo continues to bring up the rear, being careful to watch for enemies (or really anything) sneaking up from behind...;)