D&D: Horror on the Hill: Beginnings

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
This is a HUGE chamber, so much that your torches can't light the southern end of the room and looks to be some sort of arena. Torches placed along the walls show it though. Two massive stone columns rise from the arena floor to support the roof. The arena floor is 10' below the level of the hallway. Lying in a circle in the center of the arena and hardly recognizable from the upper deck are four bodies.

Attachments

B

BigBlue

Why don't some "stealthy" members of the group investigate the bodies while the rest of us stay behind in case we have company, I don't want us to be entirely out in the open.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
"I fail to see how stealth might help one traversing an open area such as this, but I will offer to investigate the bodies."

T

train

(I'll shoot an arrow at one of the bodies...)

(nocks an arrow, and draws the bow...)

"Steady... steady...."

(takes aim and releases...)

"there..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The arrow seems to hit one of them, but there is no reaction from it, any of the other bodies, or anything else in the area.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Should have seen that one coming. Si'Nat shooting at something that isn't or might not be an enemy--again.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
"My stars, are they dead already..... if not that arrow would have done it..... I must help them..."

Wilhelm moves out towards the bodies readying his healing spell.......

T

train

"Wilhelm - don't just heal them if they aren't human?!..."

(begins watching the room for any signs of movement, etc.)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
As Wilhelm approaches, two shadowy four-legged shapes slowly move out from behind a pillar and growl at him. He can see that three of the bodies seem armored, two of them metal.

B

BigBlue

Somehow, I'm not surprised by creatures... I am surprised a bit by our normally timid cleric rushing into the unknown to help strangers who may already be dead.

I'll get within dagger throwing range as the party moves up and throw daggers at them.

Do they appear to be guarding the bodies at all? Or are they more likely scavengers or the things which attacked (if we can tell).

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
"Well that armor didn't seem to help you," Says Wilhelm as he walks towards the still forms. Suddenly he notices the movement from behind the pillar, the growling four-legged shapes kind of movement. Standing very still and keeping his arms out in front, as if to ward off the creatures he whispers, "Holy...... Now hold on there... I mean.... wait a minute..... um.. help, help..."

T

train

(Will fire at the shadowy figures unless path is blocked...)

"Hmm... Maybe an arrow will brighten their day!"

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
*Cugel will move in front of Wilhelm if possible and keep whatever it is from getting to him, defending with his sword.*

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Rondo closes up with the rest of the party and prepares to attack the creatures if they move to attack anyone in the group...:)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
"Hold on you blood thirsty savages.... they are wolves, but damn me they didn't attack these guys..... look for another source of danger." Wilhelm spits out as he moves closer to the bodies to inspect them for signs of life.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
As Wilhelm moves closer, the wolves growl and bristle but slowly back away.

There are no signs of life in the bodies. They are pierced by many arrows, so Si'Nat's arrow didn't make that much difference. They don't seem to have been dead very long though.

B

BigBlue

Do they look like adventurer types? I'm going to make sure my silver daggers are available... I don't like wolves who live underground... But they obviously weren't shooting arrows.

Where does it look like the arrows came from? We should definately be wary!

I suggest we get out of this arena as quickly as possible - it's far too open a space.

B

BigBlue

No... :) It means I'm wondering... :) But I'm not wondering enough to either move forward, or to shout it...