D&D: Horror on the Hill: Beginnings

B

BigBlue

Patrick

Start slitting throats< and shine the lantern towards the sounds> making sure no one is up there...

T

train

(Will finish them off, and then check the room for treasure, hidden doors, etc...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You mean the door to the outside back in the pillar room? So the party is splitting up?

The lantern only casts light within 30' (I messed up with the light indication going 60' above); you'd have to move more north to see what's up there. However, Si'Nat indicated he was searching the room for secret doors and treasure so I assume you'll traverse the room anyway...

The room turns out to 120' N-S. In the northern end are the crumpled forms of three more hobgoblins and four goblins and they seem to be in various states of disarray - a couple are half out of bed, some are half dressed with bits of armor, a couple seem to have been heading south towards you with weapons in hand before they fell asleep.

The room has plains wooden bunks along the wall and two tables with long benches in the center. There's a door in the north wall.

The armor is basically leather and shields, the weapons swords and shortswords.

The hobgoblins had pouches containing gold and silver, the goblins just silver. The total amount found is 16 gp and 99 sp. One of the hobgoblins (one of the ones that attacked) also has a keyring with two on it.

Attachments

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Lordy... I assumed you all were going with the party since you guys rarely post...

Wilhelm opens the door to the outside and doesn't see anything special...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Wilhelm, seeing that the coast is clear, suddenly feels very alone and hurries to join the rest the group.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Rondo was covering Wilhelm, and now he rejoins the group still bringing up the rear and trying to preserve his infravision.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
"It is dark in here. Ugh, is it always wading knee deep in gore with you guys?"
"Is everyone ok...... that is everyone I came here with.... that is..... Oh you know what I mean..... ARE YOU GUYS OK?"

T

train

"we'll split this up once we get out of here..."

If any weapons or shields are better than what we have - maybe for Wilhelm, etc... will see about replacing them (if the party member allows)...

"Wonder what these keys go to?... and what's behind here?"

(Moves towards the North Door and attempts to listen...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The hobgoblin who had the keys did have a slightly looking better shield than the rest of his fellows, now that you mention it... :)

You hear nothing behind the door.

T

train

Will take his shield, and open the door - ready for battle...

(Does anyone want this shield to replace their current one?)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
"Well, that's that.... It's not like any of you are locksmiths or anything. I guess we'll have to get back out there into the sunlight? Guys?"

T

train

(Will attempt to use the keys to open the door...)

"Maybe one of these will work..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Si'Nat's brilliance shows as indeed one of the keys unlock the door.

Opening it, you see a 20' by 20' room with stairs going down to the west.

B

BigBlue

Patrick

Thanks Cugel (for the cover).

Are we ready to go down?

We should rest before going down.

**How late in the day is it? I need to rest at some point to recoup spells**

T

train

"Well now - what's down there... ...c'mon guys..."

(begins heading into the room and down the stairs...)