D&D: Horror on the Hill: Beginnings

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, my last "action" post was for the last round and was posting the results of everyone's actions. When I said two goblins were gone, I simply meant that they disappeared back into the underbrush from whence they came. They're not "long gone", but neither are they out in the open anymore.

Wilhelm had indicated that he was trying to open the doors while everyone else was fighting, so hence my room description. It wasn't meant to indicate that combat was totally over.

However, due to the nature of how running away works with combat, the goblins have a LONG lead ahead of you :)

T

train

(I'm going to pursue them...)

*begins running after them... (bow ready...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Rondo and Si'Nat head over to the underbush where the goblins disappeared. It's a tangled and thorny mass of brambles, virtually impenetrable. Many types of plants have overrun each other.

You can't see any obvious entrances or how the goblins came from it.

T

train

(So basically any attempt at this point is futile?... - if so - Search the dead goblins...)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Wilhelm closes the door once he is through it...... "It's dark
he realizes aloud, and quickly he reaches to reopen the door.

T

train

(what the hay!... pursue the little boogers...)

"Come out, come out wherever you are..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
What do you mean "pursue"? You can't see them, you're not sure where they went into the underbrush... are you talking about entering it? It's pretty much impenetrable...

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Rondo shakes his head at the bloodthirsty elf, then reverts back to his earlier plan to bind his wounds and check the stonework around the doors Wilhelm was checking out for traps, secret doors, etc.

T

train

(I figured if they made it in, we could... I guess I'll get ready to head back to the buildings... what type of brush is this - live, dead, green, thicket?)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** They did make it in, but obviously they know something you don't :)

Rondo leaves Si'Nat and heads off for the door. Kurik keeps watch over Si'Nat, "just in case". The rest of the party starts moving towards the doors also, although keeping an eye on the underbrush in case anything else pops out.

It's live, green, "thicket" and thorny brambles. It's many plants jumbled together and overgrown, entertwining between each other.

** What do you guys want to do with Bertrem, DF's character? Keep him around in case he gets the time to come back (which, knowing the pace of these games, is highly likely :D ) Give him a suicide assignment so you don't have to keep track of him? Just keep him on "autopilot" in terms of attacks and healing?

T

train

(I say keep him around also... proceed with search of dead goblins, and then head to enter the building...)

"hmph... let's see what we got here..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The goblins are carrying shortswords and shields.

Rondo reaches the door as Wilhelm re-opens it. Rondo searches the stonework around the door for traps and secret doors but doesn't find anything.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You see the same thing as Wilhelm saw when he first entered, which I'll re-post:
Wilhelm succeeds in opening the doors, where he sees a 80' N-S and 20' tall room. Two statues with their heads supporting the ceiling are at the edge of the daylight coming in, about 40' in to the east.
Additionally, you and Rondo notice that the same visage that was on the statue in that clearing in on the doors.

T

train

(Proceed to enter the room and head over towards the statues with my bow ready... I'll stay along the wall...)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Wilhelm reopens the door and to his surprise there are party members standing on the other side. "What? Oh Lord you gave me a start..... it gets mighty dark in there if you close the door," he sputters, "I think I'll examine these doors and the floor near the them."

T

train

(I'll continue as noted above... and let Wilhelm search the doors over and over again...)