D&D: Horror on the Hill: Beginnings

B

BigBlue

I will go ahead and cast sleep at the now collected group of goblins...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Kurik fires an arrow at the mob but misses.

Patrick murmurs the words to his Sleep spell and 3 of the goblins slump to the ground.

Rondo swings and takes off the head of one.

Wilhelm braces his shield and runs full-tilt into one of the goblins, bowling him over. Wilhelm continues towards the doors.

Round 3 - Goblins win initiative.

The bowled-over goblin gets up, while the three still on their feet flee back towards their hidey-holes.

B

BigBlue

Throw a dagger at a retreating goblin - advance to start slitting throats of the others - save for one which we'll tie up and interrogate.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
If the doors are open or can be opened easily (like just pulling or pushing on them), Wilhelm will hide... er take up a secure position behind one of the doors..

T

train

I'll take my shots at those attempting to flee...

(My cautiously pursue - but it seems they may be luring us that way since they are coming from exactly where they were...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Patrick's dagger hits one of the goblins but doesn't seem to stop it.
Kurik fires an arrow and takes one down.
Si'Nat fires an arrow and misses.
Wilhelm runs to the doors but can't open them easily.

Round 4 - Goblins win initiative.

The two fleeing goblins disappear into the tangled undergrowth and the bowled-over goblin flees in that direction.

B

BigBlue

Start Slitting Throats except for one which we'll interrogate. Collect my thrown daggers, and see how the rest develops.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Si'Nat fires his arrow and hits him right in the back, sending him sprawling. He doesn't get up.

Patrick starts slitting throats but can't get the one dagger he threw 'cause it got lost in the underbrush.

Wilhelm succeeds in opening the doors, where he sees a 80' N-S and 20' tall room. Two statues with their heads supporting the ceiling are at the edge of the daylight coming in, about 40' in to the east.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Rondo binds his wounds, then checks the stonework around the doors for traps, secret doors, etc.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Two goblins got away.

So is the party splitting up? Rondo and Wilhelm inside the doors in the room while the others are outside?

T

train

(I don't know that I can let two Goblins get away so easily... anyone else want to follow them... Especially when they cna ambush us on our way out...)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
"I don't think there is any reason to go out there right now, this room looks mighty safe... er... interesting. We should explore it further....."

B

BigBlue

Here's the thing... I'm not worried as much about a 2 goblin ambush as I would be 2 goblins raising the alarm... we have to get 'em...

Would someone please bind that goblin so Rondo can interrogate it?

(I'm hoping this parlay doesn't last longer than 1 round as we go after the two - one's wounded, right?)

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
*The statement:
Spiderman said:
Two goblins got away.
Being past tense and all led me to believe pursuit wasn't an option, but since it seems to be back on the table...;)*

Rondo thought the goblins were long gone, but since the group is pursuing them he is too, ignoring his wounds, the stonework and the doors for now.

B

BigBlue

After re-reading the posts here... I think the 2 are long gone... And Si'Nat dropped the wounded one. Might as well just interrogate this one and act as though the rest are aware of us - so we should stay on our toes.