D&D: Horror on the Hill: Beginnings

B

BigBlue

I think I'll go ahead and do the same as I've been doing - 1 Sleep, 1 MM...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You guys set up camp back in the brush.

Amazingly, the night passes uneventfully.

At 7 AM sharp, you break camp and continue along the trail. After 5 turns, the trail descends 80' and you rest for a turn. 3 more turns, the trail bends to the NW and opens up into one of the largest and most desolate clearings on The Hill. The clumps of grass growing here are scraggly and brown. Most of the ground is simply bare, cracked dirt and the forest surrounding seems especially dark and foreboding. This clearing is so large that you can't even see the other end at the north.

Attachments

T

train

(Suggest we make our way along the trail, and watch all around for any signs of danger...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Kurik agrees. "And watch our rear, Wilhelm!" he snorts.

You travel 50' and rest for a turn as the north end of the clearing comes into view. The shape of the clearing resembles a teardrop, as the upper half is much wider than the lower half. You can see bunches of thornbushes along the north end with many smooth, roughly square white stones among them. A trail leads to the east.

Attachments

T

train

(Is that a trail different than ours?)

"Well gents... let's keep on..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You're not on your trail anymore - you're in the middle of a clearing. So as you can see from the map, it's different from the one you came in on.

T

train

(East it is...)

"Well - seems that would be our way to go..." (begins heading that way...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You take 3 turns to travel to the east trail and two turns on it, resting for the 6th turn. The trail climbs an elevation of 80' at this point. Wilhelm again hears buzzing in behind the party.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You don't know if they're following you yet, just that you could hear the sounds back in the clearing below.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
As you keep going east, the buzzing fades behind you.

After two more turns, you notice with a start that you just passed a broken down wall. It wasn't evident because coming up on it, it was hidden by the undergrowth. Looking at it from your current vantage point, it appears entirely destroyed - what remains is almost covered with vines. Looking around more carefully, you see several squarish buildings and a large pool of water among the trees.

(Map to follow, got to build it)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** Sorry, had to leave early on Thursday and had a long weekend... will try to get the map today if nothing else unexpected happens :)

R

rokapoke

Spiderman said:
** Sorry, had to leave early on Thursday and had a long weekend... will try to get the map today if nothing else unexpected happens :)
HAD TO leave early? Tough life. Anybody else wish they had a government job?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, I did. It started snowing and schools closed two hours early and I had to go pick up my daughter.

Pffft! ;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
All right, here's the map (finally).

Key (hopefully you can see it)

Gray lines = crumbled walls
Black lines = solid remaining walls
Green = trees
Blue = water
Purple = ground vent
Dark green in the north = some sort of undergrowth from what you can tell at your position

What I put on the map is what you can see from your current position (P). You can see there are buildings (through the trees) to the NE, E, and S)

Attachments

T

train

(Begins movement towards the building closest the group...)

"Well - let's see what we have here..."