D&D: Horror on the Hill: Beginnings

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Rondo fires an arrow at them and hits the same one Si'Nat did, causing it to fall from the sky. Si'Nat mutters the words to his Sleep spell and the last also falls to the ground.

T

train

(I'll slit the throat, and see if the hide, claws, etc. are worth keeping...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The sleeping "anteater" expires in a gurgle of blood.

Upon a closer look, you realize that it's really a birdlike creature, with feathers and a long nose, that makes it look like an anteater. The hide, claws, etc. aren't worth saving.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Must we kill everything we meet? Does anyone even know what these are?
This is disgusting, let's move on..... quickly.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You travel 2 more turns and are preparing to rest for one turn when Wilhelm, in the rear guard, hears a buzzing sound coming up the trail from behind the party...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Wilhelm runs to the front, or is it the back now, of the party......
"Don't shoot yet, they may not be attacking.... and If you shoot they may attack anyway......"

B

BigBlue

Patrick readies a Sleep Spell (assuming I haven't already cast it 'today'... today sure has taken a very long time. :) ) I'll cast it when they are in range.

"I don't think we want to have any stinging done today."

B

BigBlue

Sigh.... Ahhh Yes.... Now I remember... I guess I'll load my crossbow... Oh wait, we don't get any missile weapons other than daggers which get lost in the underbrush out here... (I need a magic dagger whose only enchantment is to return to my hand when I call it... :) )

I guess I'll simply get out of the way of anyone else rushing to the front (or rear in this case). If someone gets hit hard, I believe I still have my MM for the day to help out.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Rondo nocks an arrow and prepares to fire if the bees spot us and attack. He will continue with missile fire unless a bee gets close enough for him to be able to use his axe on it instead...:)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The party's caution pays off as the bees zoom past and ignore you.

You finish resting for a turn and continue on, traveling for 5 turns and resting for another one. The trail is slowly bending to the west. However, it's now been a full 12 hours since you started in the morning and it's 7 PM and rapidly getting dark...

T

train

(Set up camp, and rest for the night... watches same as before, unless someone thinks there should be a change...)