D&D: Horror on the Hill: Beginnings

B

BigBlue

What about that Ring of DM control I found, is it gone too?

Darn it... :)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I have a scroll of Protection from DM text (box text in modules)....

Am I awake yet... hmm this dream seems to be over.......

B

BigBlue

Patrick

Wake Si' Nat & our Thief (sorry, can't recall the name...)

Quietly: "There's a small group of humanoids moving in the clearing. Do you want to quietly check them out?"

Wake the others and let them know we have company...

**Is the group small, or are the humanoids small? :) **

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Are you guys still in two groups or one big group? I was going off of the two group watch list...

Cugel is the thief.... :)

The humanoids are small - it's a midsized group.

B

BigBlue

Patrick

If we're in two groups then I correct that to only inform my "group"...

** After I posted, I recalled it was Cugel - who is in my group as I recall, along with Kurik and Wilhelm or Bertrem... The other side has Si'Nat, Rondo, and Bertrem or Wilhelm... is there someone I've forgotten? It's been soooooo long. :) **

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Here are the two groups:
Si'Nat
Wilhelm
Cugel
Rondo

Patrick
Kurik
Bertrem

The thing is, before you guys camped besides a trail and here, you're "in" (or stopped by) a clearing. So having two groups may not make sense here...

T

train

(editing the PM I sent you Spidey...)

(in a whisper)"Guys... something's coming... get up..."

(Prepares the bow...)

T

train

(Rolls his eyes for a second when he notices Wihelm, then returns to focusing on the potential target...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** Just to be clear, you guys are 100 yards back in the thick, very dense underbrush. You can vaguely see shapes out in the clearing but by no means have a clear shot or line of sight; the "vaguely" not only refers to the amount of light available but also the limited sight you can see through the underbrush.

T

train

(I hold off of shooting unless they come our way for some reason...other actions remain the same...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** I was wondering when you'd get that. I was trying to convey that during the other night's actions but you guys kept wanting to mix it up :)

The creatures just pass through the clearing, having no inkling that you are there.

** I'm not going to bother rolling for wandering monsters then since it appears you guys aren't going to engage unless attacked first and there's no way they'd know you're there right now.

Morning arrives, you guys eat, memorize spells (new spells the spell casters or same ones as before?) and have two ways to decide: the NW trail or the SW trail (there's the east trail of course, but that's the way you had just come).

T

train

1 sleep and 1 missile for me...

"C'mon guys... let's see where this NW trail leads..."

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Is it morning yet?
Wait, let me consult my maps........ er....
It seems the NW trail crosses a river or stream..... SW is mor toward the mountain we were headed for earlier....... If I remember correctly, because even if it is past dawn, it's still dark in this thick brush and I can't read in the dark.....