D&D: Horror on the Hill: Beginnings

B

BigBlue

Patrick

"No, I'm pretty god-less. I don't have trouble with 'em, just don't have much to do with 'em. My incantation comes with years of practice, but I can introduce you to a trainer if you'd like."

After that, I run up and slit throats while the party tries to off the other two.

**Sleep is by far the early adventurer's friend.** :)

T

train

(I agree... me and my BFF Sleep...)

"Well - I'll at least search them since they didn't put up much of a fight..."

(I may be on sporadically - but us eme to push things along if needed spidy...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Kurik, Bertrem, Cugel, and Si'Nat let loose again at the fleeing hobgoblins and this time, everyone but Kurik hits! One hobgoblin goes down with a well-placed shot in the head. The other one staggers from two arrow hits, but keeps on truckin' and disappears out of sight down the path.

Patrick slits the throats of the four already down.

After combat, Si'Nat searches them but just finds swords and leather armor.

T

train

(Drags them to the brush along the side, and then trudges onward...)

"Hmmm... where's the excitement nowadays?"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The other body (you didn't kill the last one) carries the same stuff as the other four.

After disposing of the bodies, you continue on. The trail veers straight west for 20' and comes to another split: you can go northeast or southwest. Going southwest will cause you to be another 80' high in elevation from the river, for a total of 160'.

T

train

(Let's go Southwest...)

"Well - if we're gonna find out what's on this hill, we should keep heading upwards..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** Sorry, you had traveled for 600', not 20' as previously noted

You trudge up the slope for 300' (one turn) and then turn west again for another 300' (one turn). The trail opens up into a clearing covered with rocks and boulders. It rises another 80' in elevation to the southwest, and at the top of the rocky hillside, you can see a hideous statue, carved from granite by some forgotten race. The statue is a fat, squatting, vaguely humanoid figure whose face is twisted into a hideous leer.

Down where you are, you can see a cave mouth opening about 300' away to the northeast.

There's another trail right next to you going south, and at the top of the hill, you can see a trail going northwest and a trail going southwest, right next to the statue.

** C is cave, S is statue, the black line running through the clearing is the elevation point going up to 320' above river level

Attachments

T

train

(I say we head to C...)

"Well, we can finally find out what lives in this hill..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** Oops, you rested for a turn after the encounter 'cause that's what you were doing when you "encountered" them :) You don't need to rest right now - you still can travel another 3 turns before needing to rest

You spend a turn making your way over to the cave, as the rocky ground and boulders impede your way. When you get to the entrance, you find thick bushes choke the entrance to a height of two feet, suggesting that it hasn't been used by any earth-bound creature recently.

T

train

"Well... if nothing' going in and out of here - shall we guys?"

(It's two feet in height, so we would be crawling in, correct?)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Must we all go in? Maybe one or two of you should scout ahead and let us know if it's safe. We could tie a rope to you and if you get into trouble, we could pull you back out. If you don't see anything for say 40', then we can change our plan.....

T

train

"Well... I'm going in... sad to know others like to twiddle their map digits from time to time..."