D&D: Horror on the Hill: Beginnings

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
" I sure am getting tired of walking around. Do you think there is really something here?"

****OOC Can I get an updated map?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You walk for 12 turns, resting on the 3rd and 9th, and finally start to turn southeast towards the clearing, when you are surprised by a 7' lizard which had blended in with the underbrush before attacking. It seems Rondo trod on its tail :)

Round 1 - Party is surprised

The lizard shoots out its tongue at Rondo, who dodges out the way. It then tries to gore him with its horn portruding from its head and hits Rondo in the leg.

Round 2 - Lizard has initiative.

Once again it shoots out its tongue at Rondo, who dodges again, and tries to gore him, but hits his shield instead.

Your turn...

B

BigBlue

Patrick

Patrick will watch the effectiveness of the sleep, if it does not work, he'll cast Magic Missile. Either way, I will throw daggers (unless he falls asleep, someone else can make the killing blow with a larger weapon given it's size.)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Due to the trail and the low-to-the-ground-size of the lizard, basically only Rondo and Si'Nat can attack. Which frustrates Kurik...

Si'Nat tries his Sleep spell... which has no effect!
Patrick immediately casts Magic Missile and a burning arrow flies through the air to hit the lizard but seems to have little effect.
Rondo swings with his axe but goes wide.

Round 3 - Party has initiative.

T

train

(Hit it with the bow... stepping to the side so another party member can advance...)

"I guess since I'll have to work for them, they'll be 'working boots'..."

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Wilhelm will allow those better suited to dealing with the problem and will keep an eye out for more problems that may approach.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Rondo will move if it's possible to allow others in the group to join in if he does so, but otherwise will continue to attack...:)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Si'Nat fires an arrow and makes a solid hit, with the arrow sinking deep in its side!
Patrick sees an opening as Si'Nat and Rondo move a little, so he throws a dagger and also hits!
Wilhelm moves out of the way and keeps an eye on the rear of the trail, while Kurik moves halfway up through the party.
Rondo swings with his axe and also connects, causing a severe bleeding wound.

The lizard attempts to disengage and slip back into the underbrush...

T

train

(Will pursue and continue firing...)

"Whoa buddy... boots await me..."

fires an arrow...

B

BigBlue

Patrick

Cautiously Pursue... (Gotta retrieve my dagger)...

Also, if there's an opening, I'll try another dagger.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"I say let the li'l beastie go if'n it wants t' git away," says Rondo, as he stops to examine his wound (not bad).

Rondo will stay with the group and will step in if the lizard attacks again, but will withhold attacks while it's moving away from them.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Wilhelm eyes Rondos wound, "Rondo, you'll need to let me take care of that before we settle down for the night. Maybe I should wrap and clean it before we move on."

T

train

(It's 7 ft. and wounded... so I don't expect pursuit to be too difficult...)

"Will be back shortly guys..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Si'Nat looses an arrow as it tries to crunch through the underbrush, but misses and loses it. Patrick however, scores a hit with his dagger and apparently hit it in the right spot - the lizard keels over.