D&D: Horror on the Hill: Beginnings

T

train

"Hmmm... maybe we should watch our backs on our way... or maybe we should follow them?"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Having received no reply to his query, Si'Nat shrugs and continues on back, with everyone falling into marching order.

After traveling for 3 turns, a buzzing sound can be heard from ahead.

T

train

(For us to hear it, it must be close - draws his bow...)

"Seems they're a popular attraction here... shall we take cover in the brush?"

B

BigBlue

Patrick

"We should try cover - or sleeping them again... (or both - if cover fails.)!"

Patrick quickly looks for an opening in the brush to enter.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Wilhelm feels that Patrick has the right idea and crashes into the brush, using his shield to part the undergrowth.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The party crashes through the underbrush and hides just when the source of the buzzing comes into view. Two Giant Bees come flying down the trail and disappear just as quickly down the way you had come.

You take this opportunity to rest for a turn, then keep on heading down the trail.

You travel for 15 turns, resting every 6th turn, just tramping along, wondering when you'll get back to a new trail, when a lone Neanderthal comes into view ahead.

T

train

"I'm keeping my guard up... This guy might be alone for a reason - an outcast..."

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Wilhelm slumps to the ground, "I grow weary of all this tramping around. Maybe this one can tell us what is going on around here. Can anyone understand his speech?"

B

BigBlue

Patrick

"I only know one language, the common tongue. We should all try again though, perhaps he knows more than the others."

I will try to convey in simple terms we do not mean him harm, and show this with my arms open, palms turned up, a most non-threatening pose.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The Neanderthal looks at Patrick and the party warily and lowers his stone axe, but seems intent/more interested in passing by than stopping.

T

train

(Will watch him as he passes...)

"He's going to pass us by, and still we have nothing... Let's see what else is down the trail everyone keeps coming from..."

T

train

(Once passed, will urge the group onward, keeping a wary watch on our behinds...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You travel for 2 turns, rest a turn, travel for three turns, and meet up with a group of 3 Neanderthals from ahead.

T

train

(Keep guard and continue on... watching them pass, as usual... unless anyone else wants to try again?...)