D&D: Horror on the Hill: Beginnings

T

train

(Will ensure it is gone by slashing the throat, and then begin gathering some skin...)

"Thanks Patrick, you want some hide?"

B

BigBlue

Patrick

Patrick retrieves his daggers. Then cleans them before putting them away.

"I don't have much use for hide, though I suppose it could make a nice scabbard or something... Maybe I'll break off a tooth..."

T

train

(cuts away enough to have about a square yd's worth... snags a tooth also...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Rondo thanks Bertrem but waves off his help. Si'Nat cuts out some hide, which turns out to be very tough, and breaks off a tooth, along with Patrick.

Another turn and you're finally in the large clearing next to the river which Fort Guido lies across. The total time you have traveled is 10 hrs, 40 minutes - it's about 5:40 PM. You think you may be able to get another hour and a half (9 turns) of travel in before you'd have to set up camp for the night. As noted on the map, this clearing has a trail leading west that leads to another clearing, which in turn has trails leading southwest (and up an elevation) and northwest.

T

train

"Well... I say we go West guys... get as much head-way as we can before settlin' for the night..."

(leads on... bow ready...)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Rondo said:
Tis but a scratch I got from that beastie lad...nuthin t' worry about...:)
Wilhelm
Well, I will cure thy wound when we camp for the evening, unless there are others with more dire wounds by then.

T

train

"There's no more dire wounds a comin'... only dead things that were alive when they got in our way..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It takes a turn to cross to where the western trail exits and you rest a turn before heading on. Four turns later, you're in the clearing with trails going NW and SW. You probably have two more turns of good daylight, one of which will have to be spent resting anyway.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
As there are no other wounds to administer to, I will cure light wounds on Rondo. Then, set to setting up somewhere to sleep.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Wilhelm's Cure Light Wounds totally heals Rondo.

Same setup as the night before? Same watch pattern?

As a note, Cugel, Bertrem, and Wilhelm did not buy any food supplies back at the fort, so they have to "mooch" off of someone (including yesterday's meals). Kurik volunteers to share his ration with someone, so that leaves two others who need to share.

T

train

since I have some Iron rations, I'll go ahead and give one to each (theylast a week I believe...)

same watch, etc...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Si-Nat - currently, you have 3 weeks, 6 days worth of Iron Rations (not counting the current day). So are you giving a week's worth each to them or just a day's worth (or two days, in this case)?

T

train

a week each... That would leave me with about 2 weeks... (I figure we could also hunt for food if needed - lizard, etc...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** Sorry, I didn't forget about this... mostly :) Between vacation and coming back, I haven't had a chance to roll for wandering monsters and everything... I hope to get to it today.

T

train

(I rolled that train and the rest of the party found the following when making camp for the night:

Magic shield +3
Longsword +2
Skin of replenishing water
Tent of Invisibility
2x Potion of Transformation

:D)