D&D: Horror on the Hill: Beginnings

T

train

"what do you all think - should we go back down the trail and look for a turn-off.... Those goblins had to go through here at some point I would think..."

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
"I'm sure we missed something here, could we look around a little more before we turn around. "

Wilhelm starts to search along the water's edge toward the cliff.

T

train

"Maybe he's seen a map from here before... possibly washed ashore from a party who's fate is unknown..."

(Keeps watch with the bow and will aid wilhelm if needed...)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
"Here look at this map"... pulls out his map, "this cliff should be a way up the hill, and since there is no path it may not be taken by those other creatures."

"Surely, one of you adventurers knows how to climb a cliff and can help those who do not. It's a long way back the way we came."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Cugel

"We would be vulnerable to attack while attempting this. But if perchance the rest of the consensus is to make the climb, I will lend my skills."

T

train

"I think the climbing idea is fine... I'll stand watch with the bow, and be ready to cast sleep if a great number of enemies comes out way..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Cugel, putting his climbing skills to the test, mutters a quick prayer and starts the ascent. While the cliff is sheer, it seems there are "obvious" handholds to him however, and he ascends the cliff safely in a turn.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
"Ha. Wilhelm should see this. There is not much up here, however, there is underbrush primarily in the east and extending somewhat to the southeast. I see the river in the west and southwest, and to the south: another cliff--with a waterfall. Were it not for the large insects and bands of roaming evildoers, this place would make for fine sightseeing."

T

train

"Cugel... if you'll keep watch some of us can follow you up... I'll still watch over Wilhelm..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** Since player interaction seems to have died down... :rolleyes:

Cugel indeed has a rope, although it's only 50'. So either Cugel needs to come down and get some more rope so whoever else is interested can climb up, or just come down period and you guys find another way.

T

train

(Can I attempt the following - if so, I do...

Tie an end of the rope I have to an arrow and "shoot it up" to Cugel...)