D&D: Horror on the Hill: Beginnings

D

DarthFerret

Don't think the sling will reach, but will try one parting shot..

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** The Sling has a range of 120' (5-40' is Short, 41-80' is Medium, 81-120' is Long)

Everyone misses but Bertrem, who fells the last goblin.

The goblins continue to flee down the trail, going to 60' but getting obscured by the brush even though the trail is roughly straight. You'll be at -2 to hit, and with the -1 from not resting, that's a total of -3.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Si'Nat takes a last potshot at the fleeing goblins but his arrow gets lost in the brush.

Wilhelm pulls out his club.

The goblins disappear from sight.

** All arrows are lost from this combat due to being in the brush or broken in bodies

T

train

(Begins searching these goblins nearest us, and then prepares to head on...)

T

train

(if any improvements can be made to something the group has, I suggest switching out... otherwise, I'll leave the bodies alone, but throw the shields and shortswords into the brush...)

"Well guys, we should probably take a turn to rest, and then head on..."

T

train

"OKay guys - let's ready to head out..."

(Begins getting on the move...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Si'Nat throws the armor and weapons in the underbrush and you guys finish out your rest.

You head further west on the trail for an hour and a half (9 turns, resting on the 6th turns) before the trail bends slightly to the southwest - you're still parallel to the river. You travel another 6 turns (resting on the 3rd) before coming to a little clearing and a pretty sheer cliff about 80' high. The river is coming down the cliff.

Attachments

T

train

(Can we see through to the rock, or is the water too "thick")

"Hmm... I wonder if there is a cave or otherwise behind the river coming down the cliff..."

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Wilhelm

" I do remember that many maps I have seen, seem to have an abnormal number of caves and tunnels behind waterfalls and such. But, be wary, as they always are depicted as lairs or hideouts."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
"One cannot learn everything about the world from maps, Wilhelm. But unless one of you actually sees a cave or something else of interest, I am not going to get my clothes wet treading through there."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You can't really see to the rock, the water is moving too fast.

It's not really a waterfall, more like a fast channel moving downwards cutting through the cliff.