D&D: Horror on the Hill: Beginnings

T

train

(So we're all ready to roll?...)

(Assumes previous marching position once everyone is ready...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You get in formation and head west. You travel for 3 hours (18 turns), resting every 6th turn. The trail just goes west and here and there through thr breaks in the underbrush you can see that you're still parallel to the river to the north.

While you are resting at the end of the third hour (the 18th turn), a group of goblins come into view on the trail ahead of you (still to the west) about 70'. Neither of you are surprised. The goblins get the initiative and charge to within 20'.

Attachments

B

BigBlue

Patrick

Throw daggers, unless we are outnumbered 1.5 to 1 or more in which case I'll cast sleep.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Wilhelm takes 1 step to the side and 2 steps backwards while holding his shield in front of himself and takes a peek behind the party.

D

DarthFerret

Prepare for a melee battle the likes of which has been seen before...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Against mere goblins? :D That was great...

Just to be clear, the marching order is Rondo, Si'Nat, Cugel, Patrick, Wilhelm, Bertrem, and Kurik. The trail only allows room for two people to fight side by side in melee, so presumably that's Rondo and Si'Nat. All other will have to fight with ranged weapons or position themselves to take Si'Nat or Rondo's place in case they fall (which right now would be Cugel, although Patrick can move up next to him (but then cannot cast spells).

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
More than four....

That was really for Bertrem's benefit, since he wanted to go into melee but can't right now... everyone else's actions are okay.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Because you were interrupted while resting, you guys have a -1 on to hit and damage rolls.

Round 1 continued
  • Si'Nat fires and hits a gobbo right in the shoulder! He staggers and tries to stop, but is borne along by his fellows
  • Rondo's arrow misses.
  • Cugel takes aim and shoots an arrow in the goblin's head, the one next to the one Si'Nat wounded. It goes down.
  • Patrick throws a dagger and finishes off the wounded one.
  • Wilhelm takes a firm grip on his shield as he braces it in front of him
  • Bertrem just nicks one of the ones in the second rank with a sling stone
  • Kurik's arrow goes wide

Round 2 - Goblins get initiative

Seeing their two comrades fall, they seem to think better of their decision of attacking and turn and flee back down the trail. They're 40' away.

T

train

(If an arrow can hit 'em - I'll do it... then begin searching these guys...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Your longbow has a range of 210'. From 5-70' (short range) you get a +1 to hit, 71-140' (Medium Range) is normal, and 141-210' (Long Range) is a -1 to hit.

T

train

(I'll pick off what I can...)

"Now Just a minute there Gobbos!... I wasn't done with you yet..."

B

BigBlue

Patrick

Wilhelm, this is what it's like in the frontier... One never knows what's around the corner.

Recover my dagger, then resume resting.

"Well, whatever is ahead will know there's company thanks to the gobbo's."