D&D: Horror on the Hill: Beginnings

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Wilhelm
Emerging from the brush on the side of the trail.... "I.... Um..... are all you travels so dangerous? Is anyone hurt? I think this trail is a little to crowded for us to get any sleep this night."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The Hobgoblins were dressed in leather with shields and carrying swords.
The skeletons were just carrying shortswords.

T

train

(at Wilhelm)

"If you like, you can try theHobgoblin leather, and a sword..."

T

train

(at Wilhelm)

"Your welcome to use some of the leather the hobgoblins had, and a sword from either they or the skeletons...

Let's see if some of this fits you..."

(Will piece-mail what we can with the leather..)

"We should get back to watch, and try to be a bit more prepared..."

D

DarthFerret

Bertrem

Actually, since these recent battles here, anything else around us either would have joined in the attack, or run far away, this should be as safe a place as any here to finish out the night...

B

BigBlue

Patrick

We'll get back to resting, same watch order...

Also, as I'm blind at night... How light is the moon? How quickly can I light my lantern?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** Man, you can see the limitations of Basic rules; they didn't really take this into account :)

The moon is bright tonight, but that doesn't really help you down here, where there aren't any lights aside from what you brought. You can make out shadows and rough shapes (** I will keep that in mind for future night battles ** ). It will take you three rounds to light your lantern.

Back to sleeping and the watch...

B

BigBlue

Patrick

(*Because I forgot to set up some sort of alarm for the other side... *)

(* to the folks on my side - I don't have time to light the lantern, and don't want to spend all my fuel whilst we rest. *)

Pssssst... Wake up, we've got more company... short figures in boots, Dwarves perhaps? or maybe something worse...

I'll be casting sleep on them (and be out of spells for the day, erm night).

(* For the future... can Continual Light be cast in a Lantern, and doused? or would the magic of it not be contained? I know we used to do this in an old campaign, but not sure how you feel about it. Or what Basic Rules would dictate... *)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** You can do that but the light is equal to full daylight, so you need something pretty dark to fully douse it

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Wilhelm.
Slowly he moves tword the closest sleeping comrade and places a hand upon them, "shhhh"......

T

train

(awoken by wilhelm... preps the bow for a clear shot as needed and will fire if they seem to be dangerous...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
As everyone awakens, Patricks mutters the words to his sleep spell and the figures on the trail topple over.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Wilhelm
"I will stay with our equipment while you guys go and check this out"
Wilhelm keeps a close eye on the forest itself as he grips his club and darts looks at every sound.

T

train

(Slices all throats, and searches bodies... Then drags each off the trail into the brush and piles them equidistant from trail and camp...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It was four goblins carrying leather, shields, and shortswords. They have been dragged into the brush.

B

BigBlue

Patrick

Are we ever actually going to get any rest? :)

That wraps up my watch, do we want to make some sort of communication method with the other side?

Patrick wraps up the end of his watch and settles in, hoping to get some sleep.