Warhammer Quest: The Sylvan Epic

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Ty engages the little devils, being careful not to hit his companions in the process.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
-Revaethan is unable to reach the nurglings this turn.
-Throg chops at a nurgling, but the little bugger is too nimble and slips away.
-Throg obtruncates a nurgling.
-Throg's deathblow obliterates another one.
-Tomas completely misses with his wild flailing.
-Ty fatally slices a nurgling.
-Ty displaces his slain foe, striking again and cutting a nurgling to pieces.
-Ty strikes, but the daemonic nature of nurglings makes them difficult to hit without a magic weapon.
-Ty knee strikes, but misses again.
-Ty winds up and knee strikes a nurgling hard enough to throw it into a wall.
-Dorgath hacks through one of the nurglings on Tomas.

Next turn...

-The Power Phase is 2.
-Dorgath's Lifestone of Ashraz restores him to full Wounds.

R

rokapoke

Tomas will dig into his power store once again to cast Life Force on Throg, hoping to heal himself (Tomas is the only wounded hero, right?). If necessary, he will also attempt some deftly controlled flailing with his sword.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
-Tomas casts Life Force on Throg.
-Kelgar fails to bless anything.
-Carrow pulls a knife from his boot and hurls it at a nurgling, but the creature's daemonic nature makes it difficult to hit without a magic weapon.
-Throg charges a little bugger and trips over his own feet.
-Throg kicks at a nurgling and completely misses.
-Just when his tiny foe thinks that Throg is completely inept and can never hit anything, the nurgling gets ripped to shreds by razor claws.
-Tomas regains 2 Wounds from Life Force.
-Tomas manages to more deftly flail at the last remaining nurgling, slicing lethally through it with his sword.
-Kelgar's Ring of Jade restores 4 of Tomas' Wounds (13/19). Praise Sigmar!
-Tomas collects 10 gold for his healing efforts.
-Kelgar collects 20 gold for his healing efforts.
-Everyone earns 190 gold.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
-The Power Phase is 3 for this turn.

Ty and Dorgath search the room carefully. All they turn up is the shaman's staff and some old armor.

Ceremonial Armor: +1 Toughness. If struck by a to-hit roll of 6, the armor is ruined. Worth 150 gold.

Revaethan: "Oh, like I said earlier, we still have this blade wash that I found. It might come in handy against daemonic enemies. I sure don't need it: my swords are blessed by Orion himself."

R

rokapoke

Tomas will cast Lifebringer to heal himself and anybody else who may need it. He also takes a gander at the shaman's staff, attempting to discover if it has any noticeable magic properties.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
-Tomas heals himself of 2 more Wounds.
-Reminder post to DM: update this on your notes when you get back home.

Tomas examines the shaman's staff. The green crystal on the end of it is loaded with Chaos magic. He is pretty sure it's what corrupted the goblins in here and nurglingified them. He also determines that it is controlling the forcefield around the fountain chamber, but that there is a second one somewhere else. Destroying the crystal would release all of its energy at once, and since its energy was what disfigured these goblins, that would probably kill everyone in the dungeon except maybe Throg (and whomever it didn't kill would be turned into a daemon of Nurgle). But Tomas thinks that if he could get his hands on both crystals, he could bring down the forcefield. Well, not literally get his hands on them: touching them would be bad except, again, perhaps not for Throg. That is probably why the goblins kept it on the end of a stick. It could be carried safely as a staff by anyone who doesn't mind wielding a glowing icon of the Chaos god of pestilence and decay. This would have no immediate combat advantage other than possibly scaring sane creatures away. Any plague it caused would take some time to set in.

R

rokapoke

"Well, I won't be of much service in close combat with or without the staff, so I may as well carry it until we find its brother."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
By the way...

Blade Wash: Applied to a non-magic melee weapon. Makes the weapon magical permanently. For 1D6 turns makes the weapon +1 to hit. Only Enough for one weapon. Worth 100 gold.

Dorgath could carry the blade wash if he wishes and potentially sell it later. Notably, he has no actual non-magic weapons to use it on. The only real candidates for it now would be Carrow's knife, Kelgar's regular warhammer (currently blessed, but that effect is temporary), or one of Ty's weapons.

-The Power Phase is 6.

Anyway, assuming the party is now proceeding north and that Tomas is healing himself some more?