Warhammer Quest: The Sylvan Epic

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Dorgath opens the door, revealing a T-junction. The passage starts out heading west, then splits in two.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
You entered this dungeon from the south, coming down those stairs. The first room after that, at the bottom of the stair and their northern end, is the vestibule. You fought goblins who came through a door on the eastern end of the vestibule, from the corner. There was nothing else of interest in the corner, but it took you to another door on its norther end, which led to the store room. You killed some more goblins there, as well as some cave squigs. Dorgath searched for secret doors there, but didn't find any. The place was a mess and most people didn't search the room, but you did find a few items, including the jug of water from the fountain. You went back to the vestibule and tried to use the water in the jug to disrupt the forcefield. It started to work, but the water wasn't enough to bring the forcefield all the way down. It did get rid of part of the forcefield that was blocking the western door of the vestibule. Dorgath has now opened that door, revealing a T-junction.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Ty quietly creeps up to the junction and looks first south, then north, while listening for enemy movement and ducks back at the first sign of company.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Ty moves forward to peek down the length of the hall. He looks south, then north, but sees only walls and closed doors. Next to him, a transparent, phantasmal image of an elven woman appears, looking south, then north. Ty spots her, and reacts, but she does not seem to notice him. A second apparition, a warrior, appears in your midst and approaches her. As he passes through you, she signals to him...

"There you are!"
"Are they ready?"
"Almost. Come along. We'll get started soon."

Ty watches the apparitions walk north, then vanish. The two seem out of place here. The woman is tall, youthful, and decorated him some elaborate ceremonial garb you've never seen before. The man, the biggest wood elf you've ever seen, albeit still looking rather slim standing next to the muscular Tyresius, is clad in pristine elven armor, complete with sword and shield. Both elves seem to have an exotic beauty that distinguishes them from the other elves you've met.

Revaethan: "Wait. I know them! What's going on down here?"

R

rokapoke

Tomas asks Revaethan to elaborate on what he knows of these elves.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
"I can't remember their names, but Lord Cael would know them immediately. I was focused on problems of my own, but it was definitely them. He was a guardsman from Welhallas. The girl was his cousin. Last I heard, both of them were still alive. But that can't be her as she was when I last saw her: her left foot was mangled and the healers weren't able to repair it. She could no longer walk without assistance. It was sad, but like I said, I was preoccupied back then. If they're ghosts now, I don't know why they'd be down here. I can't make sense of this..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Bah, more magic! Let's check south first as it seems north is the place to go and I don't want any more greenskins ambushing us from behind."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
It seems that there is a consensus to check south first. I'm assuming this includes the usual policy of listening at doors...

Ty hears a goblin-sounding voice...

"No, idiots. Wait for them to go away, then we gets 'em from behind!"

turgy22

Nothing Special
"Well boys, looks like there's nothing here. Let's turn our backs and walk out."

Throg will walk loudly backwards, while facing the door with the goblin voices.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Sick ones?

Ty will quietly wait by the door with his weapons ready, and will pounce on the goblins from behind, if possible, when they exit the room to try and get the jump on our group...:)