Warhammer Quest: The Sylvan Epic

turgy22

Nothing Special
Throg takes a swig from the jug. The water does turn out to be holy, which produces a rather serious effect when a being of Chaos tries to drink it for some reason.

-Throg's Mark of Chaos alters the result, preventing him from being killed.
-Throg takes 13 damage.
-Throg's Alcoholism changes the liquid in his stomach, but he resists the effects of the intoxication.
Well that was disappointing. You'd think after the crap Throg ingested at Middenheim, he could down a little holy water without being pushed to the brink of death.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Before the party leave the room, Revaethan finds another intact bottle.

"Looks like this is a Blade Wash for making a magic weapon. My swords are already magic, so I certainly don't need it..."

As the warriors make their way back to the vestibule, Tomas and Kelgar are able to, with their combined healing efforts focused on Throg, restore him to full health just as the journey reaches its destination. Dorgath splashes some of the fountain water on the green barrier. Immediately, the barrier visibly reacts, flickering and warping. The change persists, and it flickers a few times a second, but the barrier remains standing.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Well, either we use it all and see what happens, or maybe the barrier is weakened enough to have us or someone pass through. What do you magic-types think?"

R

rokapoke

"Let's try pouring half of what we have in the ewer to see what effect that has."

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
"Isn't the water in the ewer?
Since I am not a being of chaos, I'll drink a sip and see if I have any effect on the force field.
Sound like a plan?

R

rokapoke

"Isn't the water in the ewer?
Since I am not a being of chaos, I'll drink a sip and see if I have any effect on the force field.
Sound like a plan?
Half of "what we have in the ewer".

"Drinking it and walking through won't help our dwarven friend, so I'm not sure it will work, but it may be worth trying."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"What do you mean? I didn't drink it, just splashed some on the force field. I *am* willing to drink it and pass through but it seems the elf has already volunteered to do that..."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Carrow drinks a sip of the water. It tastes refreshing, but nothing seems to happen. As he approaches the barrier, it continues to flicker, but he is unable to pass through. Carrow backs off, feeling dizzy.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Should we just throw all of the water on the force field? Maybe it will short-circuit, seeing what happened when just a splash got on it."

R

rokapoke

"Let's start with half the water first -- we don't know whether or not we'll need more for other force fields."

Melkor

"Isn't there a holy fountain on the other side of the force field, presumably we can refill it if necessary."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"We can't get anywhere right now. The west and north is blocked and there's nothing else to the east (unless someone else wants to search for secret doors also). So I say we just throw it all on the force field and hopefully that gets us through.

Unless someone else can think of something else."

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Place the ewer with water in it on the floor and push it into the force field. Then we may not lose the ewer and all the water.
Other then that I got nothing.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Unless Throg's "action" works, or Carrow's, I agree we should throw the water in the ewer onto the force field since there seems to be little else to do.

R

rokapoke

"Great idea, Carrow!"

Tomas tries to take the ewer into the forcefield.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Amusing as it would be to have the forcefield work like an electric fence for Throg, that does go against what I'd already set up and I can't think of a way to justify it, so...

-Throg urinates on the forcefield. Nothing happens.

Tomas attempts to bring the the ewer into the forcefield. He finds that moving too close makes him feel ill and seems to have no additional effect on the forcefield. Pouring more of the water out onto the forcefield, however, does affect it. As more water is added, the barrier begins to audibly crackle. As the last of the holy water is added, forcefield starts to fade, but remains visible. It abruptly snaps back to its original form. At first, it seems that there is no permanent effect. Then the portion blocking the western door sputters out of existence. Passage north is still blocked, as before.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"Looks like we're gonna need more water to get rid of the rest of this thing," observes Ty as he moves towards the now unobstructed western door. He approaches it quietly, listening for enemies and ready to fight.