Commander 2016: Spidey (Entropic Rising) vs Mooseman (Breed Lethality)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's 8

Exotic Orchard
Ydris

Done

Spidey: 60
Dmg from Commander: 8/21
Hand: 0
Library: 76
Commander Zone (cast twice): UBRG
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T) Island
(T) Mt
(T) Forest
(T) Savage Lands (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add B, R, or G to my mana pool)
(T) Thornwood Falls (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add G or U to my mana pool)
(U) Frontier Bivouac (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add G, U, or R to my mana pool)
(U) Exotic Orchard (T: Add one mana of any color that a lands Mooseman controls can produce)

Burgeoning (Whenever Mooseman plays a land, I may put a land card from my hand onto the battlefield)

(U) Commander's Sphere (T: Add to my mana pool one mana of any color in my commander's color identity [U, B, R, G]; Sac ~: Draw a card)
(U) Chromatic Lantern (Lands I control have "T: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool".; T: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)

(T) Sangromancer (8/8 from ctrs; Flying; Whenever a creature Mooseman controls dies, I may gain 3 life.; Whenever Mooseman discards a card, I may gain 3 life) *5 +1/+1 ctrs*
(T) Glint-Eye Nephilium (2/2; Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to a player, draw that many cards.; 1, Discard a card: ~ gets +1/+1 ueot)
(S) Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder (Legendary Creature-Ogre Wizard; 5/4; Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to a player, as I cast spells from my hand this turn, they gain cascade (When I cast the spell, exile cards from the top of my library until I exile a nonland card that costs less. I may cast it without paying its mana cost. Put the exiled cards on the bottom of my library in a random order)

Graveyard: Windfall, Rakdos Charm, Trasios-Triton Hero, Worm Harvest, , Goblin Spymaster, Chaos Warp, Cruel Entertainment, Grave Upheaval, Fellwar Stone, Kydele-Chosen of Kruphix
Exile:
============================================================================
Mooseman: 32
Dmg from Commander: 0/21
Hand: 2
Library: 73
Commander Zone (cast once): Atraxa, Praetor's Voice (Legendary Creature-Angel Horror; 4/4; Flying, vigilance, deathtouch, lifelink; At the beginning of my end step, proliferate)

(TTT) Plains
(TT) Forest
(U) Exotic Orchard ( T: Add to your mana pool one mana of any color that a land an opponent controls could produce.)
(T) Seaside Citadel (ETB tapped. T: Add G, W, or U to your mana pool.)
(T) Underground River (T: Add {C} to your mana pool. T: Add {U} or {B} to your mana pool. ~ deals 1 damage to you.)
(U) Temple of the False God (, L, T: Add {C}{C} to your mana pool. Activate this ability only if you control five or more lands)
(U) Darksteel Ingot (, A, Indestructible. {T}: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.)
(U) Fellwar Stone (, A, T: Add to your mana pool one mana of any color that a land an opponent controls could produce.)

Citadel Siege (, E, As Citadel Siege enters the battlefield, • Dragons — At the beginning of combat on each opponent's turn, tap target creature that player controls.)
Hardened Scales (, E, If one or more +1/+1 counters would be placed on a creature you control, that many plus one +1/+1 counters are placed on it instead.)

Graveyard: Evolving Wilds, Forgotten Ancient, Manifold Insights, Duelist's Heritage, Terramorphic Expanse, Orzhov Signet, Deepglow Skate, Kalonian Hydra, Ghave, Guru of Spores
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD
Cast Atraxa, Praetor's Voice
Response?

Library: 76
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T) Island
(T) Mt
(T) Forest
(T) Savage Lands (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add B, R, or G to my mana pool)
(T) Thornwood Falls (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add G or U to my mana pool)
(U) Exotic Orchard (T: Add one mana of any color that a lands Mooseman controls can produce)

Burgeoning (Whenever Mooseman plays a land, I may put a land card from my hand onto the battlefield)

(U) Commander's Sphere (T: Add to my mana pool one mana of any color in my commander's color identity [U, B, R, G]; Sac ~: Draw a card)
(U) Chromatic Lantern (Lands I control have "T: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool".; T: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)

(T) Sangromancer (8/8 from ctrs; Flying; Whenever a creature Mooseman controls dies, I may gain 3 life.; Whenever Mooseman discards a card, I may gain 3 life) *5 +1/+1 ctrs*
(T) Glint-Eye Nephilium (2/2; Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to a player, draw that many cards.; 1, Discard a card: ~ gets +1/+1 ueot)
(S) Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder (Legendary Creature-Ogre Wizard; 5/4; Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to a player, as I cast spells from my hand this turn, they gain cascade (When I cast the spell, exile cards from the top of my library until I exile a nonland card that costs less. I may cast it without paying its mana cost. Put the exiled cards on the bottom of my library in a random order)

Graveyard: Windfall, Rakdos Charm, Trasios-Triton Hero, Worm Harvest, , Goblin Spymaster, Chaos Warp, Cruel Entertainment, Grave Upheaval, Fellwar Stone, Kydele-Chosen of Kruphix
Exile:
Hand: 3
Library: 72
Commander Zone (cast twice):

(UUT) Plains
(UT) Forest
(U) Exotic Orchard ( T: Add to your mana pool one mana of any color that a land an opponent controls could produce.)
(U) Underground River (T: Add {C} to your mana pool. T: Add {U} or {B} to your mana pool. ~ deals 1 damage to you.)
(T) Temple of the False God (, L, T: Add {C}{C} to your mana pool. Activate this ability only if you control five or more lands)
(U) Darksteel Ingot (, A, Indestructible. {T}: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.)
(T) Fellwar Stone (, A, T: Add to your mana pool one mana of any color that a land an opponent controls could produce.)

Citadel Siege (, E, As Citadel Siege enters the battlefield, • Dragons — At the beginning of combat on each opponent's turn, tap target creature that player controls.)
Hardened Scales (, E, If one or more +1/+1 counters would be placed on a creature you control, that many plus one +1/+1 counters are placed on it instead.)

(U) Atraxa, Praetor's Voice (Legendary Creature-Angel Horror; 4/4; Flying, vigilance, deathtouch, lifelink; At the beginning of my end step, proliferate)

Graveyard: Evolving Wilds, Forgotten Ancient, Manifold Insights, Duelist's Heritage, Terramorphic Expanse, Orzhov Signet, Deepglow Skate, Kalonian Hydra, Ghave, Guru of Spores
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Declare attack
Responses?

Hand: 1
Library: 75
Battlefield:

(U) Swamp
(U) Island
(U) Mt
(U) Forest
(U) Savage Lands (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add B, R, or G to my mana pool)
(U) Thornwood Falls (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add G or U to my mana pool)

(U) Sangromancer (8/8 from ctrs; Flying; Whenever a creature Mooseman controls dies, I may gain 3 life.; Whenever Mooseman discards a card, I may gain 3 life) *5 +1/+1 ctrs*
(U) Glint-Eye Nephilium (2/2; Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to a player, draw that many cards.; 1, Discard a card: ~ gets +1/+1 ueot)
(U) Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder (Legendary Creature-Ogre Wizard; 5/4; Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to a player, as I cast spells from my hand this turn, they gain cascade (When I cast the spell, exile cards from the top of my library until I exile a nonland card that costs less. I may cast it without paying its mana cost. Put the exiled cards on the bottom of my library in a random order)

Exile:
Commander Zone (cast twice):

(UUT) Plains
(UT) Forest
(U) Underground River (T: Add {C} to your mana pool. T: Add {U} or {B} to your mana pool. ~ deals 1 damage to you.)
(T) Temple of the False God (, L, T: Add {C}{C} to your mana pool. Activate this ability only if you control five or more lands)
(T) Fellwar Stone (, A, T: Add to your mana pool one mana of any color that a land an opponent controls could produce.)

(U) Atraxa, Praetor's Voice (Legendary Creature-Angel Horror; 4/4; Flying, vigilance, deathtouch, lifelink; At the beginning of my end step, proliferate)

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
:) So you know what comes next. discard Runehorn Hellkite to pump it up once more. Responses? Responses after it resolves? Damage?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Both die and I gain 3 from the Sangromancer triggering.

Spidey: 63
Library: 74
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(U) Island
(U) Mt
(U) Forest
(U) Thornwood Falls (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add G or U to my mana pool)

(U) Sangromancer (8/8 from ctrs; Flying; Whenever a creature Mooseman controls dies, I may gain 3 life.; Whenever Mooseman discards a card, I may gain 3 life) *5 +1/+1 ctrs*
(T) Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder (Legendary Creature-Ogre Wizard; 5/4; Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to a player, as I cast spells from my hand this turn, they gain cascade (When I cast the spell, exile cards from the top of my library until I exile a nonland card that costs less. I may cast it without paying its mana cost. Put the exiled cards on the bottom of my library in a random order)

Graveyard: Windfall, Rakdos Charm, Trasios-Triton Hero, Worm Harvest, , Goblin Spymaster, Chaos Warp, Cruel Entertainment, Grave Upheaval, Fellwar Stone, Kydele-Chosen of Kruphix, Island, Commander's Sphere, Runehorn Hellkite, Glint-Eye Nephilium
Exile:
Commander Zone (cast twice): Atraxa, Praetor's Voice (Legendary Creature-Angel Horror; 4/4; Flying, vigilance, deathtouch, lifelink; At the beginning of my end step, proliferate)

(UUT) Plains
(UT) Forest

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I gain 4 from the life link
UUD
Island
Commander
Done

Library: 74
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(U) Island
(U) Mt
(U) Forest

(T) Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder (Legendary Creature-Ogre Wizard; 5/4; Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to a player, as I cast spells from my hand this turn, they gain cascade (When I cast the spell, exile cards from the top of my library until I exile a nonland card that costs less. I may cast it without paying its mana cost. Put the exiled cards on the bottom of my library in a random order)

Graveyard: Windfall, Rakdos Charm, Trasios-Triton Hero, Worm Harvest, , Goblin Spymaster, Chaos Warp, Cruel Entertainment, Grave Upheaval, Fellwar Stone, Kydele-Chosen of Kruphix, Island, Commander's Sphere, Runehorn Hellkite, Glint-Eye Nephilium
Exile:
Mooseman: 36
Library: 71
Commander Zone (cast twice): GWUB

(TTT) Plains
(U) Island
(TT) Forest
(T) Underground River (T: Add {C} to your mana pool. T: Add {U} or {B} to your mana pool. ~ deals 1 damage to you.)

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
This may end up hurting me more than you, but.... EOT, activate Runehorn Hellkite's ability. Responses?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
So your hand count wasn't up to date? :)

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Whispersilk Cloak
Responses?

Hand: 7
Library: 66
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T) Island
(T) Mt
(U) Forest

(U) Whispersilk Cloak (Equipped creature can't be blocked and has shroud.; Equip 2)

(U) Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder (Legendary Creature-Ogre Wizard; 5/4; Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to a player, as I cast spells from my hand this turn, they gain cascade (When I cast the spell, exile cards from the top of my library until I exile a nonland card that costs less. I may cast it without paying its mana cost. Put the exiled cards on the bottom of my library in a random order)

Graveyard: Windfall, Rakdos Charm, Trasios-Triton Hero, Worm Harvest, , Goblin Spymaster, Chaos Warp, Cruel Entertainment, Grave Upheaval, Fellwar Stone, Kydele-Chosen of Kruphix, Island, Commander's Sphere, Glint-Eye Nephilium
Exile: Runehorn Hellkite
Mooseman: 36
Hand: 7
Library: 64
Commander Zone (cast twice): GWUB

(TTT) Plains
(U) Island
(TT) Forest

Graveyard: Evolving Wilds, Forgotten Ancient, Manifold Insights, Duelist's Heritage, Terramorphic Expanse, Orzhov Signet, Deepglow Skate, Kalonian Hydra, Ghave-Guru of Spores, Doubt Full, No Response, Murmuring Bosk, Dune Blast, Mirror Weave
Exile: