Commander 2016: Spidey (Entropic Rising) vs Mooseman (Breed Lethality)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's 3

Mt
Chromatic Lantern

Done

Spidey: 49
Dmg from Commander: 0/21
Hand: 4
Library: 80
Commander Zone (cast once): UBRG Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder (Legendary Creature-Ogre Wizard; 5/4; Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to a player, as I cast spells from my hand this turn, they gain cascade (When I cast the spell, exile cards from the top of my library until I exile a nonland card that costs less. I may cast it without paying its mana cost. Put the exiled cards on the bottom of my library in a random order)
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T) Island
(T) Mt
(U) Savage Lands (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add B, R, or G to my mana pool)
(U) Thornwood Falls (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add G or U to my mana pool)

Burgeoning (Whenever Mooseman plays a land, I may put a land card from my hand onto the battlefield)

(U) Commander's Sphere (T: Add to my mana pool one mana of any color in my commander's color identity [U, B, R, G]; Sac ~: Draw a card)
(U) Chromatic Lantern (Lands I control have "T: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool".; T: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)

(T) Sangromancer (3/3; Flying; Whenever a creature Mooseman controls dies, I may gain 3 life.; Whenever Mooseman discards a card, I may gain 3 life)

Graveyard: Windfall, Rakdos Charm, Trasios-Triton Hero, Worm Harvest, Glint-Eye Nephilium, Goblin Spymaster
Exile:
============================================================================
Mooseman: 36
Library: 79
Commander Zone:

(U) Plains
(UT) Forest
(U) Exotic Orchard ( T: Add to your mana pool one mana of any color that a land an opponent controls could produce.)
(U) Seaside Citadel (ETB tapped. T: Add G, W, or U to your mana pool.)
(U) Underground River (T: Add {C} to your mana pool. T: Add {U} or {B} to your mana pool. ~ deals 1 damage to you.)
(T) Temple of the False God (, L, T: Add {C}{C} to your mana pool. Activate this ability only if you control five or more lands)
(U) Darksteel Ingot (, A, Indestructible. {T}: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.)

(V) Atraxa, Praetor's Voice (Legendary Creature-Angel Horror; 4/4; Flying, vigilance, deathtouch, lifelink; At the beginning of my end step, proliferate)
(U) Festercreep (Elemental ,3/3, Festercreep comes into play with a +1/+1 counter on it.1B, Remove a +1/+1 counter from Festercreep: All other creatures get -1/-1 until end of turn.) ~3 +1/+1 cntrs~

Graveyard: Evolving Wilds, Forgotten Ancient, Manifold Insights, Duelist's Heritage, Terramorphic Expanse, Orzhov Signet
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD
Hardened Scales
Deepglow Skate
Response?

Spidey: 49
Commander Zone (cast once): UBRG Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder (Legendary Creature-Ogre Wizard; 5/4; Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to a player, as I cast spells from my hand this turn, they gain cascade (When I cast the spell, exile cards from the top of my library until I exile a nonland card that costs less. I may cast it without paying its mana cost. Put the exiled cards on the bottom of my library in a random order)
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T) Island
(T) Mt
(U) Thornwood Falls (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add G or U to my mana pool)

Burgeoning (Whenever Mooseman plays a land, I may put a land card from my hand onto the battlefield)

(U) Commander's Sphere (T: Add to my mana pool one mana of any color in my commander's color identity [U, B, R, G]; Sac ~: Draw a card)
(U) Chromatic Lantern (Lands I control have "T: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool".; T: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)

(T) Sangromancer (3/3; Flying; Whenever a creature Mooseman controls dies, I may gain 3 life.; Whenever Mooseman discards a card, I may gain 3 life)

Graveyard: Windfall, Rakdos Charm, Trasios-Triton Hero, Worm Harvest, Glint-Eye Nephilium, Goblin Spymaster
Exile:
Mooseman: 36
Hand: 3
Library: 78
Commander Zone:

(T) Plains
(UT) Forest
(T) Exotic Orchard ( T: Add to your mana pool one mana of any color that a land an opponent controls could produce.)
(T) Seaside Citadel (ETB tapped. T: Add G, W, or U to your mana pool.)
(U) Underground River (T: Add {C} to your mana pool. T: Add {U} or {B} to your mana pool. ~ deals 1 damage to you.)
(T) Temple of the False God (, L, T: Add {C}{C} to your mana pool. Activate this ability only if you control five or more lands)
(U) Darksteel Ingot (, A, Indestructible. {T}: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.)

Hardened Scales (, E, If one or more +1/+1 counters would be placed on a creature you control, that many plus one +1/+1 counters are placed on it instead.)

(U) Atraxa, Praetor's Voice (Legendary Creature-Angel Horror; 4/4; Flying, vigilance, deathtouch, lifelink; At the beginning of my end step, proliferate)
(U) Festercreep (Elemental ,3/3, Festercreep comes into play with a +1/+1 counter on it.1B, Remove a +1/+1 counter from Festercreep: All other creatures get -1/-1 until end of turn.) ~3 +1/+1 cntrs~
(S) Deepglow Skate (Fish, 3/3, When Deepglow Skate enters the battlefield, double the number of each kind of counter on any number of target permanents.)

Graveyard: Evolving Wilds, Forgotten Ancient, Manifold Insights, Duelist's Heritage, Terramorphic Expanse, Orzhov Signet
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
FesterCreep gets 4 more counters
Attack with Voice and Festercreep for 11
I gain 4
Done

Spidey: 38
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T) Island
(T) Mt

Exile:
Mooseman: 40
Commander Zone:

(T) Plains
(UT) Forest
(T) Exotic Orchard ( T: Add to your mana pool one mana of any color that a land an opponent controls could produce.)

Hardened Scales (, E, If one or more +1/+1 counters would be placed on a creature you control, that many plus one +1/+1 counters are placed on it instead.)

(V) Atraxa, Praetor's Voice (Legendary Creature-Angel Horror; 4/4; Flying, vigilance, deathtouch, lifelink; At the beginning of my end step, proliferate)
(T) Festercreep (Elemental ,7/7, Festercreep comes into play with a +1/+1 counter on it.1B, Remove a +1/+1 counter from Festercreep: All other creatures get -1/-1 until end of turn.) ~7+1/+1 cntrs~
(S) Deepglow Skate (Fish, 3/3, When Deepglow Skate enters the battlefield, double the number of each kind of counter on any number of target permanents.)

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Ugh... I put a plains on to the battlfield
Then you only take 4
Done

Spidey: 45
Dmg from Commander: 8/21
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T) Island
(T) Mt

Graveyard: Windfall, Rakdos Charm, Trasios-Triton Hero, Worm Harvest, Glint-Eye Nephilium, Goblin Spymaster, Chaos Warp
Exile:
Commander Zone:

(UT) Plains
(UT) Forest

(T) Festercreep (Elemental ,7/7, Festercreep comes into play with a +1/+1 counter on it.1B, Remove a +1/+1 counter from Festercreep: All other creatures get -1/-1 until end of turn.) ~7+1/+1 cntrs~

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Removing Festercreep from the battlefield :)

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Frontier Bivouac

Done

Battlefield:

(U) Swamp
(U) Island
(U) Mt
(T) Frontier Bivouac (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add G, U, or R to my mana pool)

(U) Sangromancer (3/3; Flying; Whenever a creature Mooseman controls dies, I may gain 3 life.; Whenever Mooseman discards a card, I may gain 3 life)

Graveyard: Windfall, Rakdos Charm, Trasios-Triton Hero, Worm Harvest, Glint-Eye Nephilium, Goblin Spymaster, Chaos Warp
Exile:
Commander Zone:

(UT) Plains
(UT) Forest

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD
Tezzeret's Gambit
Response?

Battlefield:

(U) Swamp
(U) Island
(U) Mt

(U) Sangromancer (3/3; Flying; Whenever a creature Mooseman controls dies, I may gain 3 life.; Whenever Mooseman discards a card, I may gain 3 life)

Exile:
Library: 77
Commander Zone:

(UU) Plains
(UT) Forest
(U) Exotic Orchard ( T: Add to your mana pool one mana of any color that a land an opponent controls could produce.)

(U) Deepglow Skate (Fish, 3/3, When Deepglow Skate enters the battlefield, double the number of each kind of counter on any number of target permanents.)

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Ghave, Guru of Spores
End step proliferate
Done

Battlefield:

(U) Swamp
(U) Island
(U) Mt

Exile:
Library: 75
Commander Zone:

(TT) Plains
(TT) Forest
(T) Underground River (T: Add {C} to your mana pool. T: Add {U} or {B} to your mana pool. ~ deals 1 damage to you.)

(U) Deepglow Skate (Fish, 3/3, When Deepglow Skate enters the battlefield, double the number of each kind of counter on any number of target permanents.)
(S) Ghave, Guru of Spores (Legendary Creature - Fungus Shaman, 7/7, Ghave, Guru of Spores enters the battlefield with five +1/+1 counters on it.
{1}, Remove a +1/+1 counter from a creature you control: Put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token onto the battlefield.
{1}, Sacrifice a creature: Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.) ~7 +1/+1 cntrs~

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Forest
Cruel Entertainment(!), targeting you and me, of course

Done?

Hand: 2
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T) Island
(T) Mt
(T) Forest
(T) Savage Lands (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add B, R, or G to my mana pool)
(T) Thornwood Falls (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add G or U to my mana pool)

Graveyard: Windfall, Rakdos Charm, Trasios-Triton Hero, Worm Harvest, Glint-Eye Nephilium, Goblin Spymaster, Chaos Warp, Cruel Entertainment
Exile:
Library: 75
Commander Zone:

(TT) Plains
(TT) Forest
(T) Underground River (T: Add {C} to your mana pool. T: Add {U} or {B} to your mana pool. ~ deals 1 damage to you.)

(S) Ghave, Guru of Spores (Legendary Creature - Fungus Shaman, 7/7, Ghave, Guru of Spores enters the battlefield with five +1/+1 counters on it.
{1}, Remove a +1/+1 counter from a creature you control: Put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token onto the battlefield.
{1}, Sacrifice a creature: Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.) ~7 +1/+1 cntrs~

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Well that totally sucks........ I gues you are the first player and I am the second
So on my turn (you control) you draw and here is my hand
Fellwar Stone
Plains
"3GG Kalonian Hydra (Hydra, 0/0, Trample
Kalonian Hydra enters the battlefield with four +1/+1 counters on it.
Whenever Kalonian Hydra attacks, double the number of +1/+1 counters on each creature you control.)"
4WBG Duneblast (, S, Choose up to one creature. Destroy the rest.)
2w/uw/u Mirrorweave (, I, Each other creature becomes a copy of target nonlegendary creature until end of turn.)

This could be game.....

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think so. You still have 40 life!

Man, you are one mana short of really depleting your hand, if I'm counting correctly. It would have been great to cast both the Hydra and Duneblast, but even with the Plains in your hand, that's only 11 mana when I would need 12. Bummer.... :D

So here's what I'll do:

Plains
Kalonian Hydra
Remove a ctr and create Saproling from Ghave
Use Ghave to sacrifice all of your creatures and put ctrs on my Sangromancer, saving Ghave for last and gaining 15 life

Done - I hope I did the best I could with that :)

My turn - draw, so my hand is:

Kydele, Chosen of Kruphix
Grave Upheaval
Fellwar Stone

Whatcha gonna do? :p

Spidey: 60
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T) Island
(T) Mt
(T) Forest
(T) Thornwood Falls (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add G or U to my mana pool)

(U) Sangromancer (8/8 from ctrs; Flying; Whenever a creature Mooseman controls dies, I may gain 3 life.; Whenever Mooseman discards a card, I may gain 3 life) *5 +1/+1 ctrs*

Graveyard: Windfall, Rakdos Charm, Trasios-Triton Hero, Worm Harvest, Glint-Eye Nephilium, Goblin Spymaster, Chaos Warp, Cruel Entertainment
Exile:
Library: 74
Commander Zone (cast once): Atraxa, Praetor's Voice (Legendary Creature-Angel Horror; 4/4; Flying, vigilance, deathtouch, lifelink; At the beginning of my end step, proliferate)

(TTT) Plains
(TT) Forest
(T) Darksteel Ingot (, A, Indestructible. {T}: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.)

Graveyard: Evolving Wilds, Forgotten Ancient, Manifold Insights, Duelist's Heritage, Terramorphic Expanse, Orzhov Signet, Deepglow Skate, Kalonian Hydra, Ghave, Guru of Spores
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Man did I hand you the hand to play.
I'll play the Grave Upheaval to get the Glint-Eye Nephilim
Pay 2 to dicard your hand

Done
My turn
UUD
Citadel Siege choose dragons
Fellwar Stone
Done

Hand: 0
Library: 77
Battlefield:

(U) Swamp
(T) Island
(T) Mt
(T) Forest

(T) Commander's Sphere (T: Add to my mana pool one mana of any color in my commander's color identity [U, B, R, G]; Sac ~: Draw a card)
(T) Chromatic Lantern (Lands I control have "T: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool".; T: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)

(U) Sangromancer (8/8 from ctrs; Flying; Whenever a creature Mooseman controls dies, I may gain 3 life.; Whenever Mooseman discards a card, I may gain 3 life) *5 +1/+1 ctrs*
(S) Glint-Eye Nephilium (2/2, Whenever Glint-Eye Nephilim deals combat damage to a player, draw that many cards.
, Discard a card: Glint-Eye Nephilim gets +1/+1 until end of turn.)

Graveyard: Windfall, Rakdos Charm, Trasios-Triton Hero, Worm Harvest, , Goblin Spymaster, Chaos Warp, Cruel Entertainment
Exile:
Library: 73
Commander Zone (cast once): Atraxa, Praetor's Voice (Legendary Creature-Angel Horror; 4/4; Flying, vigilance, deathtouch, lifelink; At the beginning of my end step, proliferate)

(TTT) Plains
(TT) Forest
(U) Temple of the False God (, L, T: Add {C}{C} to your mana pool. Activate this ability only if you control five or more lands)
(U) Fellwar Stone (, A, T: Add to your mana pool one mana of any color that a land an opponent controls could produce.)

Citadel Siege (, E, As Citadel Siege enters the battlefield, • Dragons — At the beginning of combat on each opponent's turn, tap target creature that player controls.)

Graveyard: Evolving Wilds, Forgotten Ancient, Manifold Insights, Duelist's Heritage, Terramorphic Expanse, Orzhov Signet, Deepglow Skate, Kalonian Hydra, Ghave, Guru of Spores
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I guess that wasn't a bad trade :)

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Declare attack
Responses?

Hand: 1
Library: 76
Battlefield:

(U) Swamp
(U) Island
(U) Mt
(U) Forest
(U) Frontier Bivouac (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add G, U, or R to my mana pool)

(U) Glint-Eye Nephilium (2/2; Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to a player, draw that many cards.; 1, Discard a card: ~ gets +1/+1 ueot)

Graveyard: Windfall, Rakdos Charm, Trasios-Triton Hero, Worm Harvest, , Goblin Spymaster, Chaos Warp, Cruel Entertainment, Grave Upheaval, Fellwar Stone, Kydele-Chosen of Kruphix
Exile:
Library: 73

(TTT) Plains
(TT) Forest
(U) Temple of the False God (, L, T: Add {C}{C} to your mana pool. Activate this ability only if you control five or more lands)
(U) Fellwar Stone (, A, T: Add to your mana pool one mana of any color that a land an opponent controls could produce.)

Citadel Siege (, E, As Citadel Siege enters the battlefield, • Dragons — At the beginning of combat on each opponent's turn, tap target creature that player controls.)

Exile: