Warhammer Quest: The Sylvan Epic

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Wow, it takes Throg six turns to re-light the lantern. He seems to be pretty bad at this! But nothing else happens anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
"I would have after the second turn, but I seemed to be frozen in place, unable to speak or move."
By that point, it would have felt awkward because you'd already waited too long! :p

The stairs terminate, leading to a corridor made entirely of the same tranlucent crystal. The path widens enough for you to walk two-by-two.

An Unexpected Event occurs!

You spot a large pentagram chalked on the floor. On each star point sits a candle, burning brightly. The candles appear to be fresh, with little wax melted at their bases. Nearby on a pedestal lies an open book entitled "101 Incantations to Summon a Demon."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
LOL.

Dorgath takes a look at the book (without touching it). Is it in a language he can read in and is it open to a certain page?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
As Dorgath reads from the book, a stone statuette of Khorne, the Blood God, appears in the middle of the pentagram.

Khorne Statue: May be carried by any Warrior. Whenever the bearer wishes, the statue's power can be used to modify a dice roll by +1 or -1. Each time the statue is used, roll a D6. On a result of 1, the statue becomes red hot and must be dropped, at which point it shatters and is permanently destroyed. Worth 0 gold.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Why would anyone not want to summon a demon?

Throg will page through the rest of the book.

By the way, when I log in tomorrow, there had better be 101 incantations typed out so Throg can choose the ones he likes best.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Dorgath recoils at the statue's appearance.

"Chaos sorcery! May Valaya protect me." He moves back (if able) to put some distance between him and the statue.

Since it's almost the weekend - assuming someone takes it, let's move on but try to avoid disturbing the pentagram. And if someone does inadvertently, be ready for any more surprises or summons.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Why would anyone not want to summon a demon?
Probably something about it being dangerous and exciting.

Throg will page through the rest of the book.

By the way, when I log in tomorrow, there had better be 101 incantations typed out so Throg can choose the ones he likes best.
Hey, I shamelessly stole this event from a Warhammer Quest dungeon events table! Find your own 101 incantations!

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Had more going on than I anticipated. But we're back...

Throg takes the statue. You continue through the corridor. A shadowy figure appears behind one of the walls. Hands reach through the wall and seize Jekaena. She struggles, but before anyone can intervene, Jekaena is pulled through the wall!

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Ty attempts to follow her. Can he also pass through the wall? Or is she gone and the wall solid again?