Warhammer Quest: The Sylvan Epic

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Dividing the task amongst themselves, Tomas, Kelgar, and Jekaena get almost everyone fully healed. Kelgar's Ring of Jade revitalizes Dorgath and Kelgar himself, finishing the job. Everyone is back to normal, if you can call it that.

Next turn...

-The Power Phase is 4.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Bysshan is right where you left him...

"Oh good, it looks like you won. I'd throw a party for you, but you seemed eager to be on your way. Also, my home is a bit of a mess right now. Someone slaughtered fiends of Nurgle in there and didn't bother to sweep afterward. I'll just have to clean the mess up myself after I provide you with safe passage through the Pine Crags, as promised. But first, give me Utronicus' head."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Bysshan catches the head. The icons of Nurgle that Throg was carrying crumble to dust and Nurgle curses him. Also, Tzeentch blesses him. Throg's body is surrounded by a vortex of Chaos energy. He emerges momentarily, changed.

Throg gains the following Chaos attributes...

Atrophy: The Chaos Warrior's flesh withers and ages. The aging process is purely cosmetic, leaving the Warrior looking somewhat haggard and ancient, yet not affecting his profile at all (this time).
Telepathy: The Chaos Warrior can read minds to some extent. Also, he can never be ambushed. When monsters appear who would normally ambush the Warriors, he is not affected. Instead, roll a D6. On a 5 or 6, he may move and attack before the ambush occurs.
Warp Magic: The Chaos Warrior gets a random level-appropriate spell that he may cast once per adventure.
Warp Change (Attacks): The Chaos Warrior gains +1 Attacks.

A hidden passage opens up behind Bysshan...

"There you go. That tunnel shall take you the rest of the way through the Pine Crags, within site of your temple. And now it's time for me to get back to work. Do feel free to drop by in the future. You've proven yourselves to be useful."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
ZOMG EXPOSITION CUTSCENE

You make your way through a long granite tunnel. The light from the lantern fills the space around you, trailing off into darkness ahead and darkness behind. Throg seems to absentmindedly pull ahead, his daemonic gait naturally putting distance between himself and the crippled Jekaena. The others pull him back twice and travel resumes as normal. On the third occasion, Throg suddenly roars with laughter, then turns to Dorgath and winks knowingly. The rest of the party wonders if Throg read Dorgath's deepest, darkest secrets, and if he'll do the same to them as well.

The passage terminates in a massive iron portal, engraved with Chaos runes. Throg waves his hand around the portal and some of the runes glow, then the portal snaps open, unleashing a flood of noise and daylight. You emerge surrounded by boulders hewn in a patch on the side of some huge hill. As the rear-guard, Carrow and Tyresius, step into the light, the portal snaps shut again, seeming to merge with the rest of the rocky outcropping. From this perch, you can spot your destination: a temple nestled between the hills alongside you, the last major structure in the Pine Crags before they give way to the Wildwood and the Grey Mountains.

Your position affords you an excellent view of the largest army you've ever seen, a vast mob of assorted orcs and goblins besieging the temple. Judging from the carnage, the wood elves have already killed a lot of the invaders, but sheer numbers are wearing the defenders down, and it won't be long before the orcs and goblins overwhelm them. Revaethan looks at the battlefield, looks at his swords, and sighs. Even if he really could fly like the wind, that army is too big for him to make a difference.

Other sounds echo through the Pine Crags, and flying machines whir overhead, swooping down on the invaders and bombarding the orcs and goblins from above. Waves of dwarves pour into the valley, blasting the orcs and goblins with cannons. The invaders turn to face this new threat, but the dwarven infantry charge to meet them, brandishing magic weapons and backed by spectacular artillery. Jekaena gasps at the sight...

"Why are dwarves here, helping us?" She turns to Dorgath. "Did you have something to do with this?"

At first, the sheer size of the invading army sustains it from the onslaught on both sides. But the elves, seeing the destruction wrought on the orcs and goblins by the dwarven war machines, stand resolute, and continue to hold their ground. The dwarves continue their attack, with cannons, fire cannons, gyrocopters, bolt-throwers, and crossbows eliminating most of the foe before they can even make it to the ranks of dwarven infantry. It takes a while, but the orcs and goblins break and begin attempting to retreat. There isn't really anywhere to go except through the elves, which doesn't work. A small fraction of the greenskins make it up into the mountains. Others blunder into the pine crags, where they are pursued by wood elf rangers and dwarven gyrocopters. But the vast majority are killed on the spot.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Jekaena: Dorgath, do you recognize them?
Revaethan: Jekaena, dwarves don't all know each other!
Jekaena: They don't? Oh. I wonder what they're doing here.
Revaethan: Shall we go find out?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
By the time you make it down the mountain to the temple, the dwarven army is setting up camp. Revaethan eyes the temple and the dwarves...

"Well, we're here. Which should we do first? Check on the temple or find out what these dwarves are up to?"