Warhammer Quest: The Sylvan Epic

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
You make your way to the temple, where some bewildered guards greet Revaethan...

"You're a welcome face in this time of crisis, Wardancer. Friends of yours are friends of ours. Uh, do you have any better idea than we do of what's going on?"

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Revaethan doesn't really want to respond, but everyone is looking at him...

"I don't know if we can help you there. We journeyed from the Grove of Eternity to stop a traitorous soldier from raiding this temple..."

"You mean Coril," one of the guards interrupts. "He was here. I think he knew about the orcs somehow. He waited until we were distracted to strike. Killed some of my best men and got away. And he stole the Bow of Loren."

Jekaena murmurs, "He has what he needs..."

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"Sounds like it...Does anyone have any idea where Coril went Jekaena?"

Do any of us have any tracking skills whatsoever?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
The troops at the temple shake their heads...

"We didn't see where he went, and we've been preoccupied with this invasion. He's dangerous, though."

Jekaena seems lost in thought for a minute, then speaks...

"I already know where he went. We don't need to track him. He's waiting for me to come to him, to walk right into his trap. He knows I have to get to the Heart of Welhallas to save it, and he wants me to be there to cut my heart out for his ritual and earn the Witch King's favor. But now it seems that his plan might not work. He probably didn't think this through. The path to Welhallas is closed off, and the Wildwood is going to be swarming with orcs and goblins. He can set his trap for me, but I don't have a way to get there"

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"Well, if this Bow of Loren is a weapon perhaps he's cutting us a path to the Heart of Welhallas as we speak. If that's our ultimate destination anyway I think that's where we should go in any event. Do you need to accompany us Jekaena? If it's probably a trap then perhaps you should wait here..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Maybe the dwarves know something and can help." Dorgath goes to find the dwarf lord in charge of the army.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Dorgath quickly discerns that this dwarven excursion is a combined effort by multiple clans. The dwarves involved do all seem to recognize one authority, though. It seems that their clans all sent them at the behest of Runelord Yaggrin.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
He's around somewhere, but it's a big operation. Is Dorgath formally requesting that a message get passed along to him?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yes. Dorgath asks a handy dwarf "I'm Dorgath on a mission with some others to help the Woodland Elves. Please convey my respects to Runelord Yaggrin and that I request an audience."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Dorgath's request gets passed along. Surprisingly, within a few minutes, the party is ushered into a central area where dwarves are setting up tents. Dwarven officers inform Runelord Yaggrin of your arrival. Some, particularly Dorgath, may be taken aback. Runelords are generally imposing, dignified, elderly dwarves who have honed their runesmithing skills over a lifetime. It is a very high-ranking ceremonial position in dwarven society. Runelord Yaggrin looks, well, like a normal dwarf, really. He can't be much older than Dorgath, and his regalia, although slightly unusual, essentially resembles the garb of an ordinary runesmith. He speaks...

"So, you're the ones who freed old Grimcrag Grunnson from beneath Karak Azgal and retrieved the Star of Dawn? Well done, that. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to meet you. It's under hectic circumstances, but that can't be helped."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Surprised that the Runelord heard of our exploits, Dorgath answers "Many thanks, my lord. We're currently on a mission to save the Heart of Welhallas and surprised to see an orc horde at the woodland elves' home. Are they the reason you're here? Do you know what's going on around here?"

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
"I'm here because the dwarf kings are stubborn and it took everything I had had to unite them and bring them around to this cause. For too long, the nations of the Old World have been engaged in petty squabbles. Those fools would have let the elves fall, and then perhaps the humans' Empire, and Bretonnia, and Tilea, and the rest. And as each other dwarven hold fell, they would increase their insulation and isolation to the bitter end. I'm here to put a stop to that. I'm here to save the elves today so that they can save us in the crisis yet to come. I have, well, let's say I have seen some things. The orcs and goblins are but a tool, a pawn manipulated by a far greater power. The real threat is coming, and when it does, we dwarves shall not be able to defeat it alone.

The early steps were slow, met with too much resistance. But the stubborn dwarves of Karaz-a-Karak and Karak Kadrin are finally coming around. The Star of Dawn may have indirectly helped with that, actually. And we need the high elves as allies anyway. So I thank you."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"We too believe there's a greater power behind all of this. Is there any advice or assistance you can give us?"

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
"I can clear a path for you, but it's going to take time. I suggest that you use that time to prepare yourselves for the trials ahead. Our other allies should be trickling in. They should have most of what you'll need for training and equipping yourselves. There are even a few priests of Sigmar."

It costs 4,000 gold to train to Level 3. The encampment will also have some other resources for you, depending on your characters. I'll PM more details...