Warhammer Quest: The Sylvan Epic

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
It's cool...I figured out that prolly Ty just ended up at the back of the line attack-wise, and there were no targets standing by the time it was his turn to whack something...:)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
"We must get to the blocked off room and free the maiden, or lady or whatever she is."
"Seems that the cousins had a difference of opinion and the outcome wasn't good."

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Tomas sees that the goblins here are wearing some crude trinkets that give them each some potential to resist magic used against them. (Magic Resistance 5+)
Ty asks if Tomas thinks those trinkets might be of some use to us...

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
:(

Ring of Power: Choose one characteristic the first time this ring is equipped. The ring gives +1 to that characteristic while worn. Worth 500 gold.
Another question: Is this also a piece from Jekaena's property? And if so would Revaethan have an issue if one of us equipped it? Also, can you define "characteristic"? Can one of us use it to, say, increase damage dice? Attacks?

I guess that was a few questions...lol

Another quote from earlier:
Tomas examines the shaman's staff. The green crystal on the end of it is loaded with Chaos magic. He is pretty sure it's what corrupted the goblins in here and nurglingified them. He also determines that it is controlling the forcefield around the fountain chamber, but that there is a second one somewhere else. Destroying the crystal would release all of its energy at once, and since its energy was what disfigured these goblins, that would probably kill everyone in the dungeon except maybe Throg (and whomever it didn't kill would be turned into a daemon of Nurgle). But Tomas thinks that if he could get his hands on both crystals, he could bring down the forcefield. Well, not literally get his hands on them: touching them would be bad except, again, perhaps not for Throg. That is probably why the goblins kept it on the end of a stick. It could be carried safely as a staff by anyone who doesn't mind wielding a glowing icon of the Chaos god of pestilence and decay. This would have no immediate combat advantage other than possibly scaring sane creatures away. Any plague it caused would take some time to set in.
"So, whatcha' think Tomas? Can you bring the barrier down?"

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
And I'm finally getting back to this! I'd needed to crunch some numbers for awarding gold and such, and I'd built up a bit of a backlog. We're at a bit of a vague point now, and I half-expected someone to bump this. Anyway, it looks like we're ready to backtrack to the fountain chamber and attempt to lower the magic barrier now that Throg has both Icons of Nurgle. Before we actually move that direction, I'll bring up a few points to clear up...

After all the fighting and healing is accounted for, including the turn after the combat concluded, we still have two party-members hurt (Dorgath at 11/21 Wounds and Revaethan at 13/18 Wounds). I'm guessing that no one wants to waste a potion outside combat, but that leaves a few other options. Both or either could recover with provisions (such as Elf Waybread). Dorgath could munch on Stonebread for a turn. Dorgath could travel as normal and wait for his Lifestone of Ashraz to heal him (at an average 0f 2 Wounds per turn). Tomas could use magic to heal both or either, and this could either be done while waiting in this room or while backtracking. Kelgar could use his priestly powers to heal both or either, and this could be done while waiting in this room or while backtracking. It really all depends on how much of a hurry you think you're in and on how cautious you want to be about moving through the dungeon while hurt (and how many times you want to risk rolling a 1 in the Power Phase). A minor consideration is that Tomas and Kelgar earn a bit of gold for healing people, and their healing is generally free (not using up any items).

No one has claimed the Ring of Power. It's a pretty strong magic item and anyone in the party except Throg could get good use out of it. It boosts any characteristic (Wounds, Move, Weapon Skill, Ballistic Skill, Strength, Toughness, Initiative, Attacks, Damage, Pinning, Luck, Willpower).

Is Tomas opening the Book of Arcane Knowledge yet? I'm assuming that he's taking it, but I didn't know if he wanted to access it yet.

Who is carrying Jekaena's cane? Revaethan would take it with him if no one else wants to.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I thought I was attempting to read Skodder's skribbles.

Dorgath could travel as normal and wait for his Lifestone of Ashraz to heal him (at an average 0f 2 Wounds per turn).
I'll do this but will welcome any additional healing.

I'll take the Ring of Power if no one else wants it :)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Note 3
de time haz kom for de elfs. de magik trees protekt dem in de past but no mor. yor task is to go to the wildwoodz an meet up wit de kaos boyz. we gonna haf a ful invasion once dey get reddy. tak dis stoon. it will keep de trees frum killin u an help de kaos boyz tu find u. git all de gobbos u kan an git reddy tu raze sum havok!

Note 4
Skodder: Enclosed is another Icon of Nurgle. Use the spell that I taught you to bestow Nurgle's gift on your subordinates. Once you have found the source of the water supply for Talsyn and given it Nurgle's blessing, return to me and receive the remainder of your payment. —Utronicus

Note 5
Continue with your invasion if you must, but stop trying to spread that priest of Nurgle's diseases around Cythral. That fool has meddled in matters far beyond his comprehension, and shall soon face the consequences. Take no part in his machinations, lest you go to the Fires of Change along with him. —Bysshan

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Is it set to that characteristic permanently or do I get to choose at intervals (like once a day, adventure, etc)?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
It's permanent. The ring could be taken off, perhaps if you wanted to equip a different ring and ran out of fingers for wearing bling rings or if you wanted to equip it on a different character. But the characteristic that it improves is set permanently.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
You know, I was going to use Paint to update the map, and with Spidey on vacation I'd have plenty of time, but I got so far behind on this one and I'm lazy. Ideally I'd leave stuff all mysterious by making the map on Paint, but I'm spoiling everything by showing that you've discovered all of the rooms. Here's the original photo I took when I finalized this dungeon. Hopefully my posting this does not reflect too poorly on me...cleansingthetemplemastermap.png

1: Entrance
2: Vestibule
3: Corner
4: Store Room
5: T-Junction
6: Corrupted Room
7: Study
8: Corridor
9: Goblin Lair
10: Invasion Room
11: Sacred Fountain

Attachments

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Revaethan eats some Elf Waybread. Dorgath's Lifestone of Ashraz heals him. With Tomas casting Lifebringer, everyone's Wounds are fully restored by the time the party gets back to the vestibule. It takes 5 turns to make the journey back. On the fifth turn, the Power Phase is 1. An Unexpected event occurs...

Jekaena is able to send a message through the barrier.

"Uh, whoever is out there, if you're trying to save the fountain, watch out! Something nasty is in here with me."