Warhammer Quest: The Sylvan Epic

turgy22

Nothing Special
Throg, Ty or Tomas, what is with you "T" named heroes?
I had one first.

If Ty dies, Throg will pick up his lifeless body and use it as a shield.
If, however, the party decides that Throg's safety is best protected by keeping Ty alive to absorb the blows, then he will simply keep killing goblins, but in a less clumsy manner.
Also, Throg should still be casting ice missiles. At whatever is easiest to hit.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Carrow will continue to pepper the last goblin with arrows.
"Save those that need it, Dorgath and I will handle the last green and ugly."

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Now Ty's a meat-shield? lol

"Thanks for the offer of the potion Dorgath, but my Heal-Itt potions serve the same purpose and are usually re-useable. I'll be okay..."

Upon further reflection, Ty will take Carrow's advice and hang back until healed or he is needed to fight...:)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
If Ty dies, Throg will pick up his lifeless body and use it as a shield.
If, however, the party decides that Throg's safety is best protected by keeping Ty alive to absorb the blows, then he will simply keep killing goblins, but in a less clumsy manner.
Also, Throg should still be casting ice missiles. At whatever is easiest to hit.
You guys, sometimes it seems like Turgy is worryingly good at roleplaying a psychopath. :eek:

But I somehow got the impression that he was holding off on his ice missiles. My mistake. Revising combat a bit to account for that, he has the opportunity to freeze the goblin boss that would have taken down Tyresius. Ty only gets 1 Wound restored off his Heal-Itt Potion, putting him at 5/15. This means that Dorgath no longer kills that goblin, so I'd assume he'd target the one fighting Revaethan, which he can also reach. So...

Throg launches a missile from his Ring of Desolation, encasing the goblin attacking Tyresius in a shell of ice. Tyresius takes the opportunity to drink from one of his Heal-Itt potions, but it runs out! Dorgath slams into the goblin boss that is fighting Revaethan, executing his foe. Then Kelgar brings down the goblin boss that is slashing at Throg, eliminating all of the goblins in the room other than the frozen one. While the goblin is still trapped, Tomas unleashes healing magic. Kelgar uses his own healing power to further restore Throg and Revaethan. Dorgath heals a bit as well thanks to his Lifestone of Ashraz. Then, as the remaining goblin boss thaws, Carrow calmly dispatches it with a double-tap of well-placed arrows before it has a chance to act.

Tomas has fully healed Tyresius. Most of the rest of the party are still hurt...

Throg: 12/19
Dorgath: 20/21
Carrow: 14/17
Tomas: 12/19
Revaethan: 15/18

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
It's nice to know Ty's life will have meaning, even in death...:rolleyes:

Ty will have a bit of a look around, looting bodies and checking out the room...:)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
-The Power Phase is 3 for this turn.
-Dorgath's Lifestone of Ashraz restores him to full Wounds.

R

rokapoke

Tomas casts Lifebringer, targeting himself, Throg, Carrow, and Ravaethan.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
-Lifebringer heals Tomas for 3, Throg for 5, Carrow to full Wounds, and Revaethan to full Wounds.
-Kelgar fails to bless anything.
-Ty finds a Bone Blade.
(The Bone Blade is magic, operating as a normal sword, but once per adventure all of the wielder's attacks can be traded for a special attack that deals normal damage plus an additional [1D6 x Warrior's level])
-Dorgath finds that the door at the northern end of the room is locked. He also finds some crude notes that one of the goblin shamans was carrying.

R

rokapoke

Tomas offers to glance at the notes that Dorgath found, though he is uncertain to what extent he will be able to discern anything in them.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Despite the poor penmanship, Tomas is able to read the notes. Kind of. He thinks they were written by two different goblins...

Note 1
Da boss not gonna pay me til we gets da green roks all in da water. So u better get rid of pesky elves. I make more sik ones n send em in. Da boss gave to uz dese big krawlin besties. Take krawlerz. Take gobbos. Kill dumb elves. Dis shuld b rely ezy n u better not mezz it up. Jus kill everyting. Don kare if dumb gobbos n gits dize bekuz datz mor pay for uz.

O an krawlerz kan infekt da water tu if dumb gobbos looz green roks.

Note 2
We gots big truble. Sword elves kilt mos gobbos an all da sneaky gits. Kilt orcs tu. Dey kept killin uz til da shamanz got em wit da waagh! So far so gud til da krazy lady blasted all da shamans eksept Skodder. I got her stik from her an gave it tu Skodder so u kan see it. She stil wuz not dun an blasted Mogz an Pogz tu. Da krawlers wen after her but she gon hopt away on jus wun fut and lokt herself up wit da water. We kant get in but Skodder haz a plan only we need tu wait for mor shamanz. I need mor gobbos for shur if we gonna keep dis plaze in kontrol.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"I hope we got Skodder in one of our earlier encounters. Did we pick up a key previously also?"

Dorgath starts checking for secret doors.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Next turn...

-The Power Phase is 6 for this turn.
-Dorgath does not find any evidence of secret doors. He also does not remember seeing any keys.

Revaethan: "Well, I don't know about any locked doors down here, but I've never been in this part of the temple. Jekaena knew some magic and walked with a cane after her injury, so I am guessing that they were describing her there. If she's still using magic to keep them out, then we had better get to her first. Have we figured out how to get rid of the goblins' forcefield?"

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"Anyone need this Bone Blade? I'm probably not going to use it..."

Can we see the map? I'm unclear as to where we go from here...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Wonderful. So now we're stuck. Maybe we missed something back there?" Dorgath nods back at the way we came.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Can we see the map? I'm unclear as to where we go from here...
I should have posted one already. I'll try to get to it soon...

To be clear, although I may be misinterpreting what Dorgath means, the party is not truly stuck. Every room you've already visited is still accessible. The only remaining pathways you've discovered but still not explored are the locked door in front of you and the door to the fountain chamber, blocked by a magic barrier. Both of these do present some resistance, but...

-Tomas detected two magic power sources controlling the barrier. One of them is the green icon of Nurgle on the end of the goblin staff that Throg is carrying.
-Locked doors can be opened with keys, some forms of magic, lockpicking tools, or just bashed down; but not all of those methods are available for every door (a door sealed with a magic lock might not be possible to open with regular tools, and a sufficiently strong and thick door may not be possible to bash). This particular door seems pretty ordinary, but I'd assume that if you did bash it down, everyone in the area could hear the noise. It would be like an alarm going off, alerting all of the denizens of the dungeon to your approximate location.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I didn't know if bashing down the door was possible - I was going to suggest it if we have been everywhere and checked everything. I'm guessing the staff isn't the elf lady's since it has Nurgle on it *although* maybe that was added later by the goblins...

"I'm willing to try to bash open the door if everyone agrees that's our only way forward."

R

rokapoke

Before any rooms get forcibly opened, Tomas casts Lifebringer on himself and Throg, (hopefully) restoring them both to full health.