Singleton Draft: Round 3: Ransac vs. Oversoul

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
You like those seven, huh? How much do you like them? Because my opening play is Tropical Island, Mana Crypt, Windfall. Responses?

Maxwell's Equations: 20
Hand: 4
Library: 33
In Play:
-(T) Tropical Island (Island/Forest)
-(T) Mana Crypt (T: 2; some nonsense about coin-flipping)
Graveyard:
RFG:

Phlogiston: 20
Hand: 7
Library: ?
In Play:
Graveyard:
RFG:

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
...resolves... Discarding Ertai, Wizard Adept, Island, Sensei's Diving Top, Island, Paladin en-Vec, Remand, Counterspell

Ransac, cpa trash man

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
The hero isn't finished yet, but this dragon will be very difficult to defeat. Also, it's really, really fat.

Uh oh. Done.

Maxwell's Equations: 20
Library: 26
In Play:
Graveyard: Gemstone Mine, Yawgmoth's Will, Culling the Weak, Underground River, Windfall
RFG:

Phlogiston: 20
Library: ?
In Play:
Graveyard: Ertai (Wizard Adept), Island, Sensei's Divining Top, Island, Paladin en-Vec, Remand, Counterspell
RFG:

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Untap, Upkeep, Plains, Mox Sapphire, Mother of Runes. Go

Stinky: 20
Library: 26
In Play:
Graveyard: Gemstone Mine, Yawgmoth's Will, Culling the Weak, Underground River, Windfall
RFG:

Captain Pants goes into battle again!: 20
Hand: 5
Library: 36
In Play:

(T) Plains

(U) Mox Sapphire (T: U)

(S) Mother of Runes (1/1, T: Target creature I control gains protection from the color of my choice until end of turn.)

Graveyard: Ertai (Wizard Adept), Island, Sensei's Divining Top, Island, Paladin en-Vec, Remand, Counterspell
RFG:

Ransac, cpa trash man

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Untap, upkeep. Oh, I'm supposed to have you call the coin flip, huh? Man, that'll take forever. Anyway, I flipped already and it was in my favor. But if you want to call it or something, let me know.

Draw, Defense Grid, responses?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Nah, I trust you. Anyway. As far as the Defense Grid goes, I laugh heartily as I pitch a Brainstorm to FOW it.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
At this point, we got on IM chat and finished game 2. Here's how it went down.

Defense Grid goes down to the FoW. Oversoul plays Feldon's Cane. He's done.

My turn. Plains, Attack for 1, go.

His turn. Takes 3 for the Crypt, Glimmervoid, Chrome Mox (Pitching Yawgmoth's Bargain), Urza's Bauble (and activates, revealing a Voice of All), pitches Elvish Spirit Guide for G and plays Mind's Desire, which I Stifle the storm effect. He reveals Forbidden Orchard. His turn is done.

Stinky: 16
Hand: 1
Library: 23
In Play:
-(T) Glimmervoid (T: Add any color mana. Sac this at EOT if you control no artifacts)

-(T) Chrome Mox (T: B)
-(U) Feldon's Cane (T: Shuffle target player's graveyard into their library.)

Graveyard: Gemstone Mine, Yawgmoth's Will, Culling the Weak, Underground River, Windfall, Defense Grid, Urza's Bauble, Mind's Desire
RFG: Yawgmoth's Bargain, Elvish Spirit Guide, Forbidden Orchard

Hand: 3
Library: 35
In Play:

(UU) Plains

(T) Mother of Runes (1/1, T: Target creature I control gains protection from the color of my choice until end of turn.)

Graveyard: Ertai (Wizard Adept), Island, Sensei's Divining Top, Island, Paladin en-Vec, Remand, Counterspell, Force of Will
RFG: Brainstorm

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I lied, it's still his turn. He activates the Cane and shifts the turn to me.

My Turn: He draws a card from the bauble. Island, Attack for 1, done.

His turn: City of Solitude. :( Done.

My Turn: Voice of All (Naming Green), attack for 1. Done

His Turn: Takes 3 from Crypt. Night's Whisper. Tinder Wall, Thran Quarry. Done.

Stinky: 9
Hand: 2
Library: 31
In Play:
-(U) Glimmervoid (T: Add any color mana. Sac this at EOT if you control no artifacts)
-(U) Tropical Island (Island/Forest)
-(U) Mana Crypt (T: 2; some nonsense about coin-flipping)
-(U) Thran Quarry (T: Add any color mana. At end of turn, if you control no creatures, sacrifice Thran Quarry.)

City of Solitude (Players can play spells and activated abilities only during their own turns.)
-(T) Chrome Mox (T: B)

-(S) Tinder Wall (0/3, Defender, Sacrifice Tinder Wall: Add RR to your mana pool. R, Sacrifice Tinder Wall: Tinder Wall deals 2 damage to target creature it's blocking.

Graveyard:
RFG: Yawgmoth's Bargain, Elvish Spirit Guide, Forbidden Orchard, Feldon's Cane

Library: 33
In Play:

(TT) Plains
(T) Island
(T) Mox Sapphire (T: U)

(T) Mother of Runes (1/1, T: Target creature I control gains protection from the color of my choice until end of turn.)

(S) Voice of All (2/2, flying, Pro-green)

Graveyard: Ertai (Wizard Adept), Island, Sensei's Divining Top, Island, Paladin en-Vec, Remand, Counterspell, Force of Will

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
My Turn: Island, Attack for 2. Done.

His Turn: no damage, Rootwater Depths, Go

My Turn: Tundra, attack for 2. Done

Storm Guy: 5
Hand: 2
Library: 30
In Play:
-(U) Glimmervoid (T: Add any color mana. Sac this at EOT if you control no artifacts)
-(U) Thran Quarry (T: Add any color mana. At end of turn, if you control no creatures, sacrifice Thran Quarry.)
-(U) Rootwater Depths (T: Add 1 to your mana pool. T: Add U or B to your mana pool. Rootwater Depths doesn't untap during your next untap step.)

City of Solitude (Players can play spells and activated abilities only during their own turns.)
-(U) Chrome Mox (T: B)

-(S) Tinder Wall (0/3, Defender, Sacrifice Tinder Wall: Add RR to your mana pool. R, Sacrifice Tinder Wall: Tinder Wall deals 2 damage to target creature it's blocking.

Graveyard:

Apparently Aggro-Control?: 20
In Play:

(UU) Plains
(UU) Island
(U) Tundra (T: U/W)

(U) Mother of Runes (1/1, T: Target creature I control gains protection from the color of my choice until end of turn.)

(T) Voice of All (2/2, flying, Pro-green)

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
His Turn: Takes 3 damage, draws a card..... and concedes. THE FIRST DRAFT IS FINALLY OVER!!!!!!!!!

Storm Guy: 2
Library: 29
In Play:
-(U) Rootwater Depths (T: Add 1 to your mana pool. T: Add U or B to your mana pool. Rootwater Depths doesn't untap during your next untap step.)

-(U) Chrome Mox (T: B)

Graveyard:

Apparently Aggro-Control?: 20
In Play:

(UU) Plains
(UU) Island
(U) Tundra (T: U/W)

(U) Mother of Runes (1/1, T: Target creature I control gains protection from the color of my choice until end of turn.)

(T) Voice of All (2/2, flying, Pro-green)

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Also, my next card was another land, which would've let me cast the Denying Wind I had been holding since the beginning of the game.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
That was close enough to the beginning of the game. It was MY beginning, anyway.

Ransac, cpa trash man