Singleton Draft: Round 3: Ransac vs. Oversoul

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
They're there, even if they did show up late. (Gimme a break! That was a lot to update!)

Ransac, cpa trash man

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I'd wanted to play the land (Tropical Island) off Mind's Desire, but I was leaving for work and still trying to make sure I understood how Orim's Chant interacted with Mind's Desire, so I don't think I mentioned it over instant messenger.

Ransac said:
EDIT: My deck size has been off this thus far in this match, as I had removed several dead cards. It's much smaller for this match-up
We can do that? I haven't done a RL draft in a LONG time, but I never knew this. I know constructed formats and sealed deck both allow modification to the deck through the sideboard only between the games of a match, not between matches. It seems odd that drafts would be the lone exception to this, but like I said, I'm clueless when it comes to drafting...

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Draft formats do allow you do change your deck construction between matches, due to the fact that you never turn in an actual deck list with size.

Your Tropical Island is now in play. Go ahead.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
The hero charges forward, but the behemoth rapidly shifts its gargantuan mass, rendering the assault ineffective.

UUD, Dark Ritual, Windfall, discard Frantic Search and sac LED for UUU. Responses?

Desirable
Hand: 0
Library: 25
In Play:
-(U) Gemstone Mine (2 counters)
-(T) Reflecting Pool (T: mana of any color any of my lands can produce)
-(T) Tropical Island (U/G)
-(U) Ornithopter (0/2, flying)
Graveyard: Black Lotus, Lotus Petal, Mind's Desire, Dark Ritual, Frantic Search, Lion's Eye Diamond, Windfall
RFG: Tropical Island, Elvish Spirit Guide, Lat-Nam's Legacy, Urza's Bauble, Glimmervoid

Mindless
Hand: 4
Library: 44
In Play:

(U) Plains
(UU) Island

(S) Savannah Lions (2/1)

Graveyard: Orim's Chant
RFG:

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Oh, snap!. You're right. I spent my white mana last turn.

The Absorb can't go off. I am forced to discard Absorb, Stifle, Paladin En-Vec, and Devout Witness. I drew my four cards. Continue.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I am apparently slow this game. I didn't understand what Modus meant. And even after you posted, I was all, "But the Plains is untapped. How did it get tapped?" It's safe to say that I would never have noticed. What would I do without the Dutch?

Alright. Phyrexian Walker, responses?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Thanks... leave ME to clean up the mess...

I think I got it now. I'm not going to continue with my turn, though, as I have a question. You sacced your LED for UUU and then played Yawmoth's Will. I'm assuming that you tapped your Gemstone Mine for the B you needed and then Mana Burn for 1?

Stinky: 20
Hand: 2
Library: 21
In Play:
-(U) Gemstone Mine (2 counters)
-(T) Reflecting Pool (T: mana of any color any of my lands can produce)
-(T) Tropical Island (U/G)
-(U) Ornithopter (0/2, flying)
-(S) Phyrexian Walker (0/3)
Graveyard: Black Lotus, Lotus Petal, Mind's Desire, Dark Ritual, Frantic Search, Lion's Eye Diamond, Windfall, Yawgmoth's Will
RFG: Tropical Island, Elvish Spirit Guide, Lat-Nam's Legacy, Urza's Bauble, Glimmervoid

Captain Pants: 20
Hand: 3
Library: 40
In Play:

(T) Plains
(TT) Island

(T) Savannah Lions (2/1)

Graveyard: Orim's Chant, Stifle, Absorb, Paladin en-Vec, Devout Witness, Counterspell
RFG:

Ransac, cpa trash man

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Ransac;281412 said:
I think I got it now. I'm not going to continue with my turn, though, as I have a question. You sacced your LED for UUU and then played Yawmoth's Will. I'm assuming that you tapped your Gemstone Mine for the B you needed and then Mana Burn for 1?
No. I didn't tap my Gemstone Mine because I still had B floating from Dark Ritual.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
K, then you take 2 mana burn? (Reflecting Pool + Tundra = 2, Dark Ritual = 4, LED = 7, Windfall = 5, Will = 2.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My life has been a lie since Urza's Saga!!!!!!!!!

Then you Mana burn for 1?

Ransac, cpa trash man

M

Modus Pwnens

Oversoul;281299 said:
It's safe to say that I would never have noticed. What would I do without the Dutch?
Live your life in darkness and ignorance :D

And Ransac, Yawg's Will is 2B..

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I know THAT'S 2B. That what my math said. The "= X" is how much mana is still floating.

Math again with correct Windfall cost

Reflecting Pool + Tundra = 2 mana floating
-/+ Dark Ritual = 4
+ LED = 7
- Windfall = 4
- Will = 1

Ransac, cpa trash man