Singleton Draft: Round 3: Ransac vs. Oversoul

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I thought I was ready, but now I can't find my old cardinfo.dat thingy. The version of Apprentice I have doesn't have Mana Crypt. I saved my old Apprentice files and was using them for this tournament, but it's been a while and either I forgot where they were or something else happened to them. I should find them pretty soon.

If I can't find the file I need, does anyone know if there's a newer version of Apprentice still available that has Mana Crypt in its cardinfo file? Alternatively, I could try to work out the Excel spreadsheet or build a proxy deck from real cards. Or maybe the easiest thing would be to use Apprentice and make Dwarven Pony or something a proxy for Mana Crypt. Regardless, I'll be ready soon. I'm going to be away from home for most of today though...

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
........ I'll accept you using as Dwarven Pony as Mana Crypt........ as long as you remember that it's really a vastly inferior card.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ooo, I don't have Mana Crypt either. I wonder if those last two user updates of Lorwyn and Morningtide left them off (or it's always been off).

So short of downloading the last "official" Apprentice update with 10th Ed. in it from magic-league.com, you're probably gonna have to proxy in a card for Mana Crypt.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Like I told Ransac in my PM to him about the other singleton draft, I'd apparently had a dream where we did this match and I lost or something and thought it was actually over even though we never started. I'd been meaning to resurrect this thread all week, but I haven't been home much. Well, I'll bump it now because I probably wouldn't have time to hunt for this thread again until Saturday.

Also, my 1990 quarter flipped tails. I always knew 1990 was a good year for quarters... :p

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
At long last, our hero advances cautiously on the evil, putrescent dragon. preparing to slay the beast and save the innocent villagers from its destructive ways.

Gemstone Mine, go.

Stephen Buddha-Christ
Hand: 6
Library: 33
In Play:
-(U) Gemstone Mine (3 counters)
Graveyard:
RFG:

Mark Hitler-Stalin
Hand: 7?
Library: ?
In Play:
Graveyard:
RFG:

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Draw 7, cringe, Draw 6. That'll do. Draw, Plains. Done.

Stinky
Library: 33
In Play:
Graveyard:
RFG:

Money
Library: 53
In Play:

(U) Plains

Graveyard:
RFG:

Ransac, cpa trash man

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
The mud and dung and filth heaped around the foul beast is too much. The hero's boots are becoming stuck. He is in danger of the dragon striking now. Still, he plods on. The monster must be slain.

UUD, Reflecting Pool, done.

Sage
Library: 32
In Play:
-(U) Reflecting Pool (T: mana of any color any of my lands can produce)
Graveyard:
RFG:

Fool
Library: 53
In Play:

(U) Plains

Graveyard:
RFG:

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
UUD, Island. Done

Sage
Library: 32
In Play:
-(U) Reflecting Pool (T: mana of any color any of my lands can produce)
Graveyard:
RFG:

Fool
Library: 52
In Play:

(U) Plains
(U) Island

Graveyard:
RFG:

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
At this point, Oversoul and I began to chat our plays to make things go faster. Here's what happen.

LED resolved, as does Ornithopter. Mind's Desire resolved (removing Tropical Island, Elvish Spirit Guide, Lat-Nam's Legacy, Urza's Bauble and Glimmervoid), but was responded to with an Orim's Chant. Black Lotus and Lotus Petal were sacced to pay for MD. He then ended his turn.

My turn. UUD, Island, Savannah Lions. Done.

EDIT: My deck size has been off this thus far in this match, as I had removed several dead cards. It's much smaller for this match-up
EDIT 2: He still has Lion's Eye Diamond in play.
EDIT: Tropical Island is in play. And my OTHER Island is too!

Desireless
Hand: 2
Library: 27
In Play:
-(T) Gemstone Mine (2 counters)
-(T) Reflecting Pool (T: mana of any color any of my lands can produce)
-(U) Tropical Island (U/G)

Lion's Eye Diamond (Sacrifice Lion's Eye Diamond, Discard your hand: Add three mana of any one color to your mana pool. Play this ability only any time you could play an instant.)

-(S) Ornithopter (0/2, flying)

Graveyard: Black Lotus, Lotus Petal, Mind's Desire
RFG: Tropical Island, Elvish Spirit Guide, Lat-Nam's Legacy, Urza's Bauble, Glimmervoid

Mindful
Hand: 4
Library: 44
In Play:

(U) Plains
(UU) Island

(S) Savannah Lions (2/1)

Graveyard: Orim's Chant
RFG:

Ransac, cpa trash man

M

Modus Pwnens

How did the Gemstone Mine get tapped with 3 counters? And where's the Minds Desire?