D&D: Horror on the Hill: Beginnings

B

BigBlue

I think we'll have to keep our eyes open and be on alert...

Bees don't normally grow to this size, who knows what else is monstrous over here.

But, we should press on.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Wilhelm:

"Cugel. CUGEL.... they are ready to move on, come on back"
Wilhelm trudges back to the clearing.

T

train

Si'Nat

(Once the group is back together...)

"Okay guys, guess we should keep a move on... keep careful watch.."

(ready with the bow again... pressing onward...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
train said:
Si'Nat

"Onward then, or the other way?.. I don't know if they were searching for food, or just flying around in general... What do you guys think..."
You notice/remember that the second group of bees were coming from the northeast part of the clearing.

T

train

That one ahead going Southwest was where we were heading right?...

Sticking with that is okay...

D

DarthFerret

I would tend to agree, trying to head into the bee hive would most likely bee a bad idea.

T

train

okay - so that would be towards the bees... nix that to have a "majority" and we head back where we came from...

:cool:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's pretty good sketching. I would just add that about 7 squares south of the waterfall clearing starts an impassable swamp from the river all the way west to the end of the map and from that point all the way north, the Hill takes up everything else from the river westward to the end of the map.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
**OOC - Let me get things wrong if it's my fault, then I'm to blame.... Oh those guys are gonna love that..... :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** OOC: Well, that stuff is kinda obvious from what you know about the Hill and what you saw from Guido's Fort :)

So do you want to take over mapping?

B

BigBlue

If we're waiting for direction...

I thought we were getting further and further away from the hill... But since we aren't. Let's head back to the water, and follow the trail we abandoned since we're avoiding the potential Hive for now.

We should be able to find a campsite somewhere down there.

B

BigBlue

Specifically - Head SE to the other clearing, then due East to the river.

We'll then head up that NW trail we didn't take when we were there as I thought we were further N of the Hill and didn't want to get too far away. I think by the time we get there it'll be late afternoon and we'll want to start thinking about camping for the evening - we'll assess that once we get there.

Is that specific enough?

I don't have a problem with using Wilhelm's Maps - as long as you at least validate them somewhat as you indicated with the Swamplands to the South.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Let's say it gets dark around 7 PM.

It takes 8 hours to get back that clearing (that includes a turn to rest) and 1 turn to get up to start of the trail. You travel 9 turns NW (again including two turns to rest) until you hit the river and then the trail turns west to run parallel with the river. It's been ten hours since the morning so it's about 5 PM. You have about 2 hours until dusk. You want to keep going west?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Spiderman said:
** OOC: Well, that stuff is kinda obvious from what you know about the Hill and what you saw from Guido's Fort :)

So do you want to take over mapping?
**OCC No. Only the places we haven't actually been to, I'm just estimating from what I can see. Please continue to add the actual places we have visited.
Thanks.