D&D: Horror on the Hill: Beginnings

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Alright Gareth, back in you go. Okay seriously, I don't see any need to stop by here. Let's keep going south.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Heh, you guys should get together and get a plan of action together. Since train's on during the day now, he's the only one that keeps posting to keep it moving :)

Over Cugel's protests, Si'Nat opens the cell door. It's just a simple 20' square room with a bed, table, and chair.

T

train

(20' square seems a lot for a cell - and a table, bed and chair seem a little comfy for a cell...)

(Will search the room, under bed, etc. for anything and check for secret doors...)

Si'Nat
"Mighty cozy for a cell... was this more of a punishment room for royalty?... Let's see what we have in here..."

(snoops away - sword in hand, attempting to be ready for surprises...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Gareth shrugs and replies, "Well, I started out in one of those 10' square cells, but I guess I either got this 'upgrade' from 'good behavior' or one of them was smart enough to realize that I'd be more productive if I was comfortable. The forge was never unoccupied and one of the bugbears always had the key and I wasn't ever left alone, so what was I going to do?

Search away; if you can find something I couldn't in all the time I've been here, I'd be mighty surprised."

You spend a turn searching for anything but find nothing.

T

train

(Satisfied, I'll lead the way to the Southern corridor to further explore that area...)

Si'Nat
"we could only hope to have such nice accommodations if we were captured and held hostage... but alas - off to the Southern corridor to explore there..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Which way are you going to the south, the first left down the series of rooms, or the far left (taking the SW slant) next to the giant arena?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Looking at the turns spent today, it's actually about 9:30 PM. When do you guys want to camp for the night and where?

T

train

(Well - if we haven't left the cell yet - we might as well camp inside it... Will barricade the door to add to protection... Typical spells when we wake for me...)

Si'Nat

"Looks like we might as well rest here..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You guys settle down for the night. Bertrem uses his Cure Light Wounds spell to heal Rondo up to full before studying for more, even though he has just a scratch on him. Same with Cugel. Si'Nat still has a slightly longer scratch but still nothing really to worry about. Kurik shares some rations with Gareth.

Gareth takes the end of the watch order. Probably about 6 hours (turns) into the night, Kurik, who is on watch, hears some growls/murmurs from the forge but can't make out exactly what it is. He wakes everyone else.

T

train

(Does my infravision see anything?... Though he was asleep... will ready the sleep spell to be used...)

Si'Nat

"well - if I'm gonna be awakened for it - it better be worth it... Let's see what we get to play with now..."

(approaches noise and attacks as necessary... sleep - then slaughter...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Don't forget you're in the cell with the door closed

You can make out the forms of three bugbears. They seem to be checking out the forge equipment and bodies.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
We can see them through the cell door? If we move, can we make it so that they can't see us without opening the door? If so, Cugel will prepare to ambush the bugbears and signal for the others to do the same.

T

train

(Sleep them... if I need to open the door first, ok - if through the door - ok...)

Si'Nat

"Heh... nappy time..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
There's that little grill on the top of the door that lets you see out/the goblinoids see in to check on Gareth. That's how you can see out. So as long as they don't hear you, you can do whatever preparations you need to do.

So so far I've got Si'Nat using Sleep and Cugel using missile fire, correct?

T

train

(I'm good with that... let's get some action...)

Si'Nat

"nighty-night..."