Commander 2016: Spidey (Stawart Unity) vs Mooseman (Invent Superiority)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Attack with the Squids
Responses/blocks/take it?

Spidey: 29
Dmg from Commander: 4/21
Hand: 7
Library: 65
Commander Zone: BGWU Kynaois and Tiro of Meletis (2/8; At the beginning of my end step, draw a card. Each player may put a land card from his hand onto the battlefield, then each opponent who didn't draws a card)
Battlefield:

(U) Mt
(U) Forest
(U) Island
(U) Selesnya Sanctuary (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, return a land I control to its owner's hand.; T: Add GW to my mana pool)
(U) Frontier Biouvac (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add G, U, or R to my mana pool)
(U) Myriad Landscape (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add C to my mana pool.; 2, T, Sac ~: Search my library for up to two basic land cards that share a land type, put them onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle my library)

(T,A) Squid creature token (1/1; Islandwalk)
(U) Selvala, Explorer Returned (2/4; Parley - T: Each player reveals the top card of his library. For each nonland card revealed this way, add G to my mana pool and I gain 1 life. Then each player draws a card.)

Graveyard: Swan Song, Howling Mine, Migratory Route, Krosan Verge, Sphere of Safety, Horizon Chimera, Tempt With Discovery, Plains, Command Tower, Venser's Journal, Mt, Plains, Blasphemous Act, Minds Aglow, Sol Ring, Realm Seekers , Hushwing Gryff , Chasm Skulker, Humble Defector, Oath of Druids
Exile:
============================================================================
Mooseman: 35
Dmg from Commander: 0/21
Hand: 2
Library: 77
Commander Zone: WUBR
Palinswalker Zone: Daretti, Scrap Savant (Planeswalker, 5
+2: Discard up to two cards, then draw that many cards.
−2: Sacrifice an artifact. If you do, return target artifact card from your graveyard to the battlefield.
−10: You get an emblem with "Whenever an artifact is put into your graveyard from the battlefield, return that card to the battlefield at the beginning of the next end step.")
Battlefield:

(UT) Plains
(T) Swamp
(UT) Island
(U) Mountain
(U) Mystic Monastery (, L, ETB Tapped. {T}: Add {U}, {R}, or {W} to your mana pool.)
(T) Rakdos Carnarium (, , ETB Tapped. When~ ETB, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add BR to your mana pool.)

(U) Breya, Etherium Shaper (Artifact Creature - Human, 4/4, When Breya, Etherium Shaper enters the battlefield, create two 1/1 blue Thopter artifact creature tokens with flying.
{2}, Sacrifice two artifacts: Choose one —
• Breya deals 3 damage to target player.
• Target creature gets -4/-4 until end of turn.
• You gain 5 life.)
(S) Baleful Strix (Artifact Creature - Bird , 1/1, Flying, deathtouch. When Baleful Strix enters the battlefield, draw a card.)

Graveyard: Whipflare, Solemn Simulacrum, Mycosynth Wellspring, Nevinyrral's Disk, Slobad, Goblin Tinkerer, Etherium Sculptor ,Everflowing Chalice, Swamp, Ash Barrens
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's 5

Plains
Keening Stone

Done

Hand: 5
Commander Zone: BGWU Kynaois and Tiro of Meletis (2/8; At the beginning of my end step, draw a card. Each player may put a land card from his hand onto the battlefield, then each opponent who didn't draws a card)
Battlefield:

(T) Mt
(T) Forest
(T) Island
(T) Plains
(T) Selesnya Sanctuary (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, return a land I control to its owner's hand.; T: Add GW to my mana pool)
(U) Myriad Landscape (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add C to my mana pool.; 2, T, Sac ~: Search my library for up to two basic land cards that share a land type, put them onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle my library)

(U) Keening Stone (5, T: Target player puts the top X cards of his library into his graveyard, where X is the # of cards in that player's graveyard)

(T) Squid creature token (1/1; Islandwalk)
(U) Selvala, Explorer Returned (2/4; Parley - T: Each player reveals the top card of his library. For each nonland card revealed this way, add G to my mana pool and I gain 1 life. Then each player draws a card.)

Graveyard: Swan Song, Howling Mine, Migratory Route, Krosan Verge, Sphere of Safety, Horizon Chimera, Tempt With Discovery, Plains, Command Tower, Venser's Journal, Mt, Plains, Blasphemous Act, Minds Aglow, Sol Ring, Realm Seekers , Hushwing Gryff , Chasm Skulker, Humble Defector, Oath of Druids
Exile:
Mooseman: 30
Library: 77
Palinswalker Zone: Daretti, Scrap Savant (Planeswalker, 5
−2: Sacrifice an artifact. If you do, return target artifact card from your graveyard to the battlefield.
−10: You get an emblem with "Whenever an artifact is put into your graveyard from the battlefield, return that card to the battlefield at the beginning of the next end step.")
Battlefield:

(UT) Plains
(T) Swamp
(UT) Island
(U) Mountain
(U) Mystic Monastery (, L, ETB Tapped. {T}: Add {U}, {R}, or {W} to your mana pool.)
(T) Rakdos Carnarium (, , ETB Tapped. When~ ETB, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add BR to your mana pool.)

(U) Breya, Etherium Shaper (Artifact Creature - Human, 4/4, When Breya, Etherium Shaper enters the battlefield, create two 1/1 blue Thopter artifact creature tokens with flying.
• You gain 5 life.)
(S) Baleful Strix (Artifact Creature - Bird , 1/1, Flying, deathtouch. When Baleful Strix enters the battlefield, draw a card.)

Graveyard: Whipflare, Solemn Simulacrum, Mycosynth Wellspring, Nevinyrral's Disk, Slobad, Goblin Tinkerer, Etherium Sculptor ,Everflowing Chalice, Swamp, Ash Barrens
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD
Use Daretti, discard Island and Commander's Sphere
Draw 2 cards
Attack with both
Block/Response?

Battlefield:

(T) Mt
(T) Forest
(T) Island
(T) Plains
(T) Selesnya Sanctuary (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, return a land I control to its owner's hand.; T: Add GW to my mana pool)

(U) Keening Stone (5, T: Target player puts the top X cards of his library into his graveyard, where X is the # of cards in that player's graveyard)

Exile:
Hand: 3
Library: 74
Palinswalker Zone: Daretti, Scrap Savant (Planeswalker, 7
Battlefield:

(UU) Plains
(U) Swamp
(UU) Island
(U) Mountain
(U) Rakdos Carnarium (, , ETB Tapped. When~ ETB, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add BR to your mana pool.)

(T) Breya, Etherium Shaper (Artifact Creature - Human, 4/4, When Breya, Etherium Shaper enters the battlefield, create two 1/1 blue Thopter artifact creature tokens with flying.
• You gain 5 life.)
(T) Baleful Strix (Artifact Creature - Bird , 1/1, Flying, deathtouch. When Baleful Strix enters the battlefield, draw a card.)

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
That's 5
3WUB Sharuum the Hegemon
response?

Spidey: 24
Battlefield:

(T) Mt
(T) Forest
(T) Island
(T) Plains

Exile:
Battlefield:

(UT) Plains
(U) Swamp
(UT) Island
(T) Mountain
(T) Mystic Monastery (, L, ETB Tapped. {T}: Add {U}, {R}, or {W} to your mana pool.)

(T) Breya, Etherium Shaper (Artifact Creature - Human, 4/4, When Breya, Etherium Shaper enters the battlefield, create two 1/1 blue Thopter artifact creature tokens with flying.
• You gain 5 life.)
(T) Baleful Strix (Artifact Creature - Bird , 1/1, Flying, deathtouch. When Baleful Strix enters the battlefield, draw a card.)
(S) Sharuum the Hegemon (Legendary Artifact Creature - Sphinx , 5/5, Flying,When Sharuum the Hegemon comes into play, you may return target artifact card from your graveyard to play.)

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I'll put the disk into play
Done

Battlefield:

(T) Mt
(T) Forest
(T) Island
(T) Plains

Exile:
Battlefield:

(UT) Plains
(U) Swamp
(UT) Island
(T) Mountain
(T) Mystic Monastery (, L, ETB Tapped. {T}: Add {U}, {R}, or {W} to your mana pool.)

(T) Nevinyrral's Disk (, A, ETB Tapped. {1}, {T}: Destroy all artifacts, creatures, and enchantments.)

• You gain 5 life.)
(S) Sharuum the Hegemon (Legendary Artifact Creature - Sphinx , 5/5, Flying,When Sharuum the Hegemon comes into play, you may return target artifact card from your graveyard to play.)

Graveyard: Whipflare, Solemn Simulacrum, Mycosynth Wellspring, Slobad, Goblin Tinkerer, Etherium Sculptor ,Everflowing Chalice, Swamp, Ash Barrens
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ugh.

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Forest
Attack with the Squids for 5

Done

Library: 64
Battlefield:

(U) Mt
(U,U) Forest x2
(U) Island
(U) Plains
(U) Selesnya Sanctuary (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, return a land I control to its owner's hand.; T: Add GW to my mana pool)

Exile:
Mooseman: 30 - 25?
Battlefield:

(UT) Plains
(U) Swamp
(UT) Island
(T) Mountain

(T) Nevinyrral's Disk (, A, ETB Tapped. {1}, {T}: Destroy all artifacts, creatures, and enchantments.)

• You gain 5 life.)

Graveyard: Whipflare, Solemn Simulacrum, Mycosynth Wellspring, Slobad, Goblin Tinkerer, Etherium Sculptor ,Everflowing Chalice, Swamp, Ash Barrens
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep, Draw
Use Savant ability, discard Dimir Aqueduct and Exotic Orchard
Draw 2 cards
Attack with Flyers and Shaper
Response/Block?

Library: 64
Battlefield:

(U) Mt
(U,U) Forest x2
(U) Island
(U) Plains

Exile:
Mooseman: 25
Library: 71
Palinswalker Zone: Daretti, Scrap Savant (Planeswalker, 9
Battlefield:

(UU) Plains
(U) Swamp
(UU) Island
(U) Mountain
(U) Rakdos Carnarium (, , ETB Tapped. When~ ETB, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add BR to your mana pool.)

(U) Nevinyrral's Disk (, A, ETB Tapped. {1}, {T}: Destroy all artifacts, creatures, and enchantments.)

• You gain 5 life.)
(T) Sharuum the Hegemon (Legendary Artifact Creature - Sphinx , 5/5, Flying,When Sharuum the Hegemon comes into play, you may return target artifact card from your graveyard to play.)

Graveyard: Whipflare, Solemn Simulacrum, Mycosynth Wellspring, Slobad, Goblin Tinkerer, Etherium Sculptor ,Everflowing Chalice, Swamp, Ash Barrens, Dimir Aqueduct, Exotic Orchard
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I reveal Godo, Bandit Warlord
You gain 2 life and we each draw a card
You take 6
I'll pop the disk
Response?

Spidey: 19
Hand: 6
Library: 63
Battlefield:

(U) Mt
(U,U) Forest x2
(U) Island
(U) Plains

Graveyard: Swan Song, Howling Mine, Migratory Route, Krosan Verge, Sphere of Safety, Horizon Chimera, Tempt With Discovery, Plains, Command Tower, Venser's Journal, Mt, Plains, Blasphemous Act, Minds Aglow, Sol Ring, Realm Seekers , Hushwing Gryff , Chasm Skulker, Humble Defector, Oath of Druids, Selvala, Explorer Returned
Exile:
Hand: 3
Library: 70
Battlefield:

(UU) Plains
(U) Swamp
(UT) Island
(U) Mountain

• You gain 5 life.)
(T) Sharuum the Hegemon (Legendary Artifact Creature - Sphinx , 5/5, Flying,When Sharuum the Hegemon comes into play, you may return target artifact card from your graveyard to play.)

Graveyard: Whipflare, Solemn Simulacrum, Mycosynth Wellspring, Slobad, Goblin Tinkerer, Etherium Sculptor ,Everflowing Chalice, Swamp, Ash Barrens, Dimir Aqueduct, Exotic Orchard
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, apparently my "reveal" button displayed my card incorrectly. It was actually Transguild Promenade, which is a land, so I only gain 1 life and one G (edited my life total back down to 19).

In response to the Disk, I'll use that G, Sanctuary, and the two Forests to use my Keening Stone, targeting you.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I am missing an Island and the Commander Shere from my graveyard, so its 12 cards
Phyrexian Rebirth, Grave Upheaval, Soul of New Phyrexia, Ichor Wellspring, Island, Magus of the Will, Nomad Outpost, Loxodon Warhammer, Read the Runes, Rupture Spire, Akiri, Line-Slinger, Plains
Anything else before the disk?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Open the Vaults
Response?

Battlefield:

(U) Mt
(U,U) Forest x2
(U) Island
(U) Plains

Graveyard: Swan Song, Howling Mine, Migratory Route, Krosan Verge, Sphere of Safety, Horizon Chimera, Tempt With Discovery, Plains, Command Tower, Venser's Journal, Mt, Plains, Blasphemous Act, Minds Aglow, Sol Ring, Realm Seekers , Hushwing Gryff , Chasm Skulker, Humble Defector, Oath of Druids, Selvala, Explorer Returned, Keening Stone
Exile:
Library: 70
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains
(U) Swamp
(UT) Island
(T) Mountain

Graveyard: Whipflare, Solemn Simulacrum, Mycosynth Wellspring, Slobad, Goblin Tinkerer, Etherium Sculptor ,Everflowing Chalice, Swamp, Ash Barrens, Dimir Aqueduct, Exotic Orchard, Phyrexian Rebirth, Grave Upheaval, Soul of New Phyrexia, Ichor Wellspring, Island, Magus of the Will, Nomad Outpost, Loxodon Warhammer, Read the Runes, Rupture Spire, Akiri, Line-Slinger, Plains, Breya, Etherium Shaper, Baleful Strix, Sharuum the Hegemon, Nevinyrral's Disk
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Okay, I think i got everything
Done

Battlefield:

(U) Mt
(U,U) Forest x2
(U) Island
(U) Plains
(U) Sol Ring
Keening Stone

Graveyard: Swan Song, Howling Mine, Migratory Route, Krosan Verge, Sphere of Safety, Horizon Chimera, Tempt With Discovery, Plains, Command Tower, Venser's Journal, Mt, Plains, Blasphemous Act, Minds Aglow, Realm Seekers , Hushwing Gryff , Chasm Skulker, Humble Defector, Oath of Druids, Selvala, Explorer Returned,
Exile:
Library: 68
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains
(U) Swamp
(UT) Island
(T) Mountain
(U) Commander's Sphere (, A, {T}: Add to your mana pool one mana of any color in your commander's color identity. Sacrifice Commander's Sphere: Draw a card.)
(U) Everflowing Chalice (, A, Multikicker {2} (You may pay an additional {2} any number of times as you cast this spell.)
Everflowing Chalice enters the battlefield with a charge counter on it for each time it was kicked.
{T}: Add {1} to your mana pool for each charge counter on Everflowing Chalice.)
Mycosynth Wellspring (, A, When Mycosynth Wellspring enters the battlefield or is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, you may search your library for a basic land card, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle your library.)

Ichor Wellspring (, A, When Ichor Wellspring enters the battlefield or is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, draw a card.)

Loxodon Warhammer (, EQ, quipped creature gets +3/+0, has trample, and has "Whenever this creature deals damage, you gain that much life." Equip {3} )

(S) Breya, Etherium Shaper (Artifact Creature - Human, 4/4, When Breya, Etherium Shaper enters the battlefield, create two 1/1 blue Thopter artifact creature tokens with flying.
• You gain 5 life.)
(S) Thropter token (1/1, Flying)
(S) Thropter token (1/1, Flying)
(S) Solemn Simulacrum
(S) Soul of New Phyrexia (Artifact Creature - Avatar, 5/6, Trample
{5}: Permanents you control gain indestructible until end of turn.
{5}, Exile Soul of New Phyrexia from your graveyard: Permanents you control gain indestructible until end of turn.)
(S) Sharuum the Hegemon (Legendary Artifact Creature - Sphinx , 5/5, Flying . When Sharuum the Hegemon comes into play, you may return target artifact card from your graveyard to play.)

(S) Baleful Strix(Artifact Creature - Bird , 1/1, Flying, deathtouch. When Baleful Strix enters the battlefield, draw a card.)

Graveyard: Whipflare, , Slobad, Goblin Tinkerer, Etherium Sculptor ,, Swamp, Ash Barrens, Dimir Aqueduct, Exotic Orchard, Phyrexian Rebirth, Grave Upheaval, Island, Magus of the Will, Nomad Outpost, Read the Runes, Rupture Spire, Akiri, Line-Slinger, Plains,
Exile: