Warhammer Quest: The Sylvan Epic

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
For corridors, I think:

Throg and Ty (both have great melee damage and good defense)
Revaethan and Dorgath (the next best with great melee damage and good defense)
Tomas (needs to be protected!)
Carrow and Kelgar (the lowest melee damage (aside from Tomas) and okay defense, enough to help out in case attacked from the rear, and Carrow has good ranged attack for the front)

For larger chambers, I think to just combine the first two ranks and the last two ranks.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
You arrange yourselves and descend. The stairway darkens as you leave the light behind. This is the undercroft. The stonework is worn and ancient. A stout, wooden doorway waits at the foot of the stairs. All is quiet, so far...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
The lantern does an excellent job of illuminating the door, which is still looking stout and wooden. But it does have more light shining on it now, so there's that.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Ty successfully opens the door, revealing the vestibule...
cleansingthetemple01.png

Save for the markings on the floor, some ancient arcane symbols, this room is bare. To the left and right are shut doors, but directly ahead of you, the door is wide open, revealing a large chamber. Just through the doorway, entrance to the chamber is blocked by a swirling, translucent, green field of energy. Some object is suspended in midair in the center of the chamber, but you cannot see it clearly through the forcefield. You think you spot something moving along the floor in there, but you cannot be sure.

For the time being, the each character is represented by a letter, as follows...

Throg G'Nflor: T
Dorgath Rockhammer: D
Carrow Darkweald: C
Kelgar: K
Tyresius Barrabas: Y
Tomas, Son of Ed: O
Revaethan: R

R

rokapoke

Tomas tries to determine if the mass of energy is magical and if he can do anything to dissipate it.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
LOL. I read "doorway" as it being a door frame but no door

"Revaethan, do you know anything about this?" Dorgath listens at the west and then the east doors after hearing his answer.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
"Not much. There is a holy fountain ahead of us, but I cannot even see it through whatever that is..."

Revaethan likes the idea of listening at the doors and will go with Dorgath.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Ty looks for a small stone to use as a projectile to throw at the thing suspended in midair. He'll wait to see what Tomas think about the energy field first before throwing it, however...:)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Tomas cannot tell much about the forcefield from the stairwell. He thinks that he could discern more if he were in proximity to it.

R

rokapoke

"Let me get closer, fellas. This thing looks like it might be magical in nature, but I can't tell from back here."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
As you move to investigate the vestibule, the eastern door swings open and goblins flood in, ambushing you...

cleansingthetemple02.png
G: Goblin Fanatic
B: Goblin Boss
S: Goblin Shaman

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Night goblins cultivate many kinds of toxic fungi in their dark caves. One particular variety, known as the Mad Cap, is much valued for its hallucinogenic properties. During battle, goblin fanatics gobble down handfuls of the these fungi to turn them into whirling green killing machines. The goblins become impervious to pain, almost completely unaware of their environment, hugely strong, and completely fearless.

-The shaman fails to cast a spell.
-Six goblin fanatics swing balls on chains.
-One goblin (the one that was only adjacent to Ty) manages to strangle itself with its own chain.
-Carrow blocks one heavy metal ball with his Elf Shield.
-Ty's Luck fails to keep him from being knocked to exactly 0 Wounds (Luck rerolled the result, but the reroll yielded the same result as the original roll; sorry, but someone was going to be exposed to the most fanatics when they emerged and I moved people forward such that Ty and Revaethan were keeping Tomas from being exposed on multiple sides, in keeping with the spirit of protecting the wizard).
-Everyone except Kelgar and Revaethan takes some damage from the whirlwind of swinging metal spheres (Throg: 12/19, Dorgath: 16/21, Carrow: 12/17, Tyresius: 0/15, Tomas: 10/19).

The ambush has ended and now is your chance to fight back. Ty is unconscious and will die if not healed this turn. Because he is unconscious, provisions and such will not work, but potions and spells are fine. The Power Phase is 3.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"Ow..."

Ty attempts to take a hit off of a Heal-Itt potion as he sinks towards unconsciousness...