Warhammer Quest: The Sylvan Epic

R

rokapoke

Tomas casts Life Force on Dorgath with a priority on healing Tyresius. He also will swing wildly at the adjacent goblins.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Carrow shoots at a goblin Twice (Rapid attack) from point blank range and then drops the bow to draw his Sword of Hoeth

turgy22

Nothing Special
Throg will axe, bite, kick and claw the goblin closest to him while staring hypnotically at the closest goblin that is an immediate threat to Ty and also try to shoot an icy blast at the goblin shaman.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I'd been waiting to see if Melkor had any decisions for this (presumably involving blessing something and trying to hit something else with a hammer). But it was the weekend so I should probably have just posted the combat. I plan on doing so tomorrow after work either way.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Dorgath throws some Flash Powder in the middle of the Goblins (aiming near the east door) and of course swings his Axe at the one nearest him.

"Greenskin scum!"

Melkor

I'll Call of the Brave a goblin and bash myself with my hammer. Wait a minute, strike that, reverse it.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I guess if Ty is able to save himself from death with the Heal-Itt potion he'll try to roll out of the way of the combat as best he can without interfering with the party's movement and try to survive another round...:)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Note: you can administer healing potions to other warriors during combat. It takes your action for the turn, but does not prevent you from fighting. The rules were never very clear on whether this had to be your own potion or whether you could treat a prone fighter with a potion in his possession. I prefer to err on the side of making things simpler, so I'll assume that you could use any potion in reach.

-The sudden onslaught of whirling metal takes Ty by surprise and he doesn't manage to drink from a potion before being knocked out.
-Tomas casts Life Force on Dorgath.
-Kelgar blesses himself with Call the Brave. He may re-roll an attack that he misses this turn.
-Dorgath throws a bag of Flash Powder, distracting the enemies. Each warrior gets +1 Attack this turn.
-Carrow tries to get some shots off, but is unable to draw and aim his bow with the goblin balls and chains swinging so close to him this time. He drops the bow and draws his sword.
-The Sword of Hoeth is like lightning in Carrow's hand. He gains double attacks this turn.
-Carrow disembowels the nearest goblin (5 damage).
-Carrow's deathblow cuts another goblin (1 damage).
-Carrow lunges, but unbalances himself and fails to connect.
-Carrow decapitates a goblin (6 damage).
-Revaethan uses his Woven Mist technique, trading his regular Move and Attacks for a total of 4 combined moves and attacks.
-Revaethan misses his first swing.
-Revaethan misses his second swing.
-Revaethan cuts down a goblin (6 damage).
-Revaethan's Dance of Death technique allows him to continue moving while swinging his deathblow. He fells another goblin (7 damage).
-Revaethan's deathblow strikes down one more goblin (4 damage).
-Revaethan's Dance of Death moves him forward once more to land his deathblow on the last goblin fanatic still standing.
-Throg uses his Ring of Desolation to shoot an ice missile at the goblin shaman. He freezes his opponent for one whole turn.
-Throg hypnotizes a goblin boss. His victim loses 1 Attack this turn.
-Throg strides across the vestibule to square off against the hypnotized goblin. He misses the first swing of his axe.
-Throg chops a goblin boss (2 damage).
-Throg misses again.
-Throg attempts to bite a goblin boss, but his foe manages to slips out of his grip.
-Throg's razor claws eviscerate his victim (6 damage).
-Throg kicks at the other goblin boss, but misses.
-Dorgath charges a goblin boss with his axe (5 damage).
-Dorgath swings, but the goblin boss ducks beneath the blow.
-Dorgath bashes his foe to death (3 damage).
-No one can attack the shaman this turn because SOMEONE went and froze him. All of the other goblins are dead, so the next round of combat is probably going to be pretty short...
-Tomas' Life Force spell revives Tyresius (8/15).
-Ty takes a swig from a Heal-Itt Potion and is feeling even better (12/15).
-Kelgar's Ring of Jade heals Tomas and Ty of 3 Wounds each (13/19 and 15/15 respectively).
-Tomas collects 40 gold for his healing efforts. Go magic healing powers!
-Kelgar collects 30 gold for his healing efforts. Praise Sigmar!

Next round...
-The Power Phase is 5 for this turn.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
A revived, refreshed, and supremely irritated Ty launches himself at the goblin shaman once the latter unfreezes, leading with the fist spike.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
This ring is carved from ice. Although dripping water continuously it never seems to melt or lose its shape.

This is a very specific type of magical freezing caused by Throg's ring. The name is a bit misleading since it even calls the projectile an "ice missile." To me, that really sounds like something that would do damage! But it is apparently not literal ice at all. Rather, it is a missile launched from Throg's ring, which, through the wonderful power of Chaos, induces a kind of stasis in its target. Maybe some sort of encumbering prison of magic ice forms around the target, and attacks cannot penetrate it.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Carrow reasons, "Maybe we could tie the shaman up and put something over his head to blind him, until he thaws out?"

turgy22

Nothing Special
Meh. A frozen goblin shaman that can't be attacked immediately is better than an active goblin shaman casting hexes all over the place.

R

rokapoke

As it appears Tomas is the only wounded hero, he will cast Lifebringer on himself.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
As it appears Tomas is the only wounded hero, he will cast Lifebringer on himself.
Throg, Dorgath, and Carrow are also still hurt...

-Dorgath's Lifestone of Ashraz heals him for 1 (17/21).
-Tomas casts Lifebringer, fully restoring his own Wounds.

As the icy prison dissipates, the goblin shaman begins trying to cast a spell, but the attempt fails again. Before the monster can do anything else, Ty launches a flurry of attacks at its head and neck, ending the fight.

-Tomas collects 30 gold for his healing efforts!
-Each Warrior collects 340 gold from the fight.

Amidst the carnage, you find an elven artifact. The goblins must have taken it at some point. Tomas, Carrow, and Revaethan are able to identify it...

Bauble of Anurandel: Grants the bearer +1 to escape pinning. Worth 200 gold.
(this item cannot be used by Throg or Dorgath and is of no real use to Carrow, but could be used by anyone else in the party)