Warhammer Quest: The Sylvan Epic

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
While in melee range with enemies that are trying to fight you, attempting to break away and move somewhere else, such as to attack another target somewhere else in the room or to protect an ally or whatever. To escape from being "pinned" requires a successful roll on a pinning check. This is meant to reflect both agility and fighting style. In the case of Darvalk, the barbarian who briefly helped you fight the beastmen in Middenheim, the pinning score is "6+" meaning that rolling a D6 would normally have to land on a 6 (barbarians are used to hacking away at their foes until they've killed them, not slipping around them). In the case of Carrow and Skullcrusher the score is actually "Auto" because they are nimble fighters who are more comfortable getting some space for shooting bows or throwing knives.

R

rokapoke

Do I get Power Phase rolls when we're not in combat, or only when we're in combat? If I get that extra spell-point action, I'll heal Carrow, Throg, and Dorgath with another Lifebringer spell.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Yes. I haven't rolled power for the turn following the combat, but it happens every turn. In fact, I can roll it now. Power Phase is 4. Lifebringer fizzles, though. Throg rolled a 1. :(

R

rokapoke

Tomas will continue trying to cast Lifebringer to heal his fellow heroes each turn there are no adversaries on the board (as long as the Power Phase is at least 3, so as to not eat into his reserve power store).

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"All right, so let's get back to investigating this forcefield. Tomas, see if you can get close enough to be able to discern anything. The rest of us will keep a lookout for any more ambushes."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Tomas determines that there are two different energy sources. One of them is inside the main chamber and is surrounding what he thinks is probably the holy fountain. The other is more spread out, patchy and diffused across a wide area. It is most concentrated directly ahead and prevents entry through the door, but another section of it is blocking the western doorway. Tomas is convinced that someone deliberately sealed the door, which suggests that someone, somewhere has a level of control over the forcefield.

Just as he is turning away, having analyzed everything he could think of, Tomas has an epiphany: somehow, someone is trapped within the column of light. The suspended object is a person. Tomas can't make out any details, but he is sure that the person is alive. For now.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The western doorway of the room we're currently in (opposite the door the goblins came through) or the one ahead of us, in that main chamber?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
The western door of the vestibule. It was the same one you were going to listen at before you were ambushed.

R

rokapoke

"I think we must proceed eastward, where the ambush came from. Let's be cautious but press on -- I want to find out who is in the column of light and see if we can save them!"

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
-The Power Phase is 1. An Unexpected Event occurs!

Piercing screams fill the dungeon. They intensify unnaturally, seeming to come from everywhere at once, threatening to overwhelm you in a wave of agony and despair.

Everyone makes a Willpower check.

-Throg passes.
-Dorgath passes.
-Carrow passes.
-Kelgar passes.
-Tyresius passes.
-Tomas fails.
-Revaethan fails.

Revaethan is shaken by the experience, but seems to recover.

Tomas is affected by the screaming. He has trouble focusing. Tomas has -1 Attacks for the rest of this dungeon.

You keep moving. The hall of the undercroft takes an abrupt turn, leading to another wooden door.

Melkor

"I'm quite certain that those screams are coming from an Elf lady (the missing high priestess of your pagan religion perhaps). Still the question remains, is she both the source, and the cause of those screams? Be she foe, or in need of our assistance? Perhaps some answers lie beyond yon wooden door."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Revaethan: "I think the high priestess is dead. She was killed in one of the attacks. But if an elf is screaming down here, maybe the goblins have her prisoner? Still, there's magic at work and I don't like it."