Timster = Houts

T

train

Apparently you're not alone in that area on these boards...:D

Anyone heard anymore - or has Shawnisathief even PMed anyone?...

N

Notepad

Well, I let Houts know about the heckling. Dunno if he's checked it out yet. I'd really like to hear the other side of the story.

R

Reverend Love

SeFRo I'm absolutely not questioning your integrity. But I do think we should wait before lighting the torches and raising the tower.
Raising = razing, hee hee. CURSE YOU MICROSOFT WORD FOR NOT BEING SMARTER THEN ME!

Afro

Maybe I read into your post, sorry. But I’m interested in seeing how this pans out..if it does...

*Looks longingly at Torch and Oil Buckets*

I've got some towers and roofs which need raising :p

E

evan

Did the same to me on EBAY! I paid in ~$60.00 Mid-Nov 2004. Still haven't received item, still haven't received refund or any communication. He insisted on check/money order/bid pay so he can't be held responsible. His EBAY account is now listed as "unregistered user" and he won't return emails. If his integrity is this lousy then you shouldn't believe anything he writes/says/thinks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6338788576&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

You'll also note that in the listing he gives his name and address.

Look at this link and you will find two others who have had the same problem with him.

http://casualplayers.org/article/get.php?action=getarticle&articleid=893

N

Notepad

Not saying any of you guys are lying about being scammed (neutral until I get to hear both sides) but, why is it people just pop out of nowhere and post this kind of stuff? Did a net search result in this forum, or even other sites, where you saw your seller on ebay was also a member? I can see that possibility, but then again, I'm also troubled by how people do just pop up.

That said, this is the third time such a thing has happened. You're right on the unregistered user info, evan. Problem is I don't see any negative feedback. Does ebay pull the plug on accounts under investigation for charges of fraud? Do people go unregistered if their credit card/account expires and they forget to update their info?

The Racine County info from the last angry customer definitely holds true. Wow. More credibility to the charges, but nothing to make them totally believable on that basis alone.

Houts is definitely quite a character. I can honestly say I have no idea what happened in these auctions. There is stuff here that could make one think either way. Maybe he is scamming people. Maybe people or a person is just slandering him. Either way, it happens...

Can Houts at least give his side?

E

evan

Some answers:
- Yes, I did a web search to find other ways to contact him, since he won't answer any of my emails.
- These people "pop-up" because they found this and other forums where he seems to "hang-out" and there are seems to be many people he has scammed. They are just trying to find some closure or justice, and if that is unattainable, then maybe a bit of revenge will suffice????
- Personally, I have no vested interest the subject matter of this forum (yet ) but just wanted to post some recent experiences about the guy that many seem to hold in high regard. Sounds like he's good at playing card games and writing about it but has lousy integrity and is a money scammer (which is illegal, AND which makes him a criminal)
- I assure you, there would be plenty of negative feedback... unfortunatley when EBAY pulls the plug no feedback can be written.
- Yes, he has been reported to EBAY for his actions
- I don't know the guy, had never heard of him before finding the auction for the item I was looking for, have no interest in slandering him (until he STOLE my money)
- Doesn't it also seem strange to you that since his EBAY scams the last few months he's been conspicuously "Quiet" on this board and others...no posts, no articles lately .... hmmmmm... makes you think doesn't it?
- Also, I found a phone number for him, and suspiciously, there is a phone company recording that says, "The number ..... you are dialing is being checked for trouble," and has been for days.
- Also, when calling "information" they have no current listing for Shawn Houstinger in Racine, WI.

Sorry to clutter your forum with this off-topic crap...it just needs to be brought out. I know you guys have a great interest in this hobby, good luck to you all and enjoy! Thanks for you time.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, there is one thread in the General forum where he has posted as of yesterday... "Is this Cheating".

E

evan

ohh, he is alive... maybe he can post here and tell me when he's going to send me my DVDs I PAID FOR AND explain why he won't answer my emails AND why he scammed so many people...THIEF.

N

Notepad

Wow, thanks for clearing up the questions I had. Still neutral because of the severity of this issue.

But, evan, I'd recommend doing what the last person did. Gather up all the info you can, and contact the Racine County Sherrif's Department. Hopefully they can do a good job of figuring this whole thing out, and perhaps even helping you if this kind of crap really is going on.

Man, it would really really suck to find out this is actually happening. And if you were scammed, my apologies for still doubting your claim.

M

Mikeymike

Originally posted by Reverend Love
Paint me a skeptic but one accusation from an unproven source, does not a guilty party make. Other then SeFRo having a "feeling", and shawnisathief (whom is completely anonymous) posting a thread, there's nothing. Hell this could be someone with a grudge!

SeFRo I'm absolutely not questioning your integrity. But I do think we should wait before lighting the torches and raising the tower.
The seller's ID = Timster, and right in the auction details it lists Shaun's Mailing address.

But it leads me to ask, since when does a private (i.e. non-business user) put their mailing address DIRECTLY in the auction details? This smells like a setup to me, and based on Timster's post history it seems like he would have the personality to try to pull something like this off.

EDIT

Also, my theory seems to be somewhat backed up by evan's statement that "Also, when calling "information" they have no current listing for Shawn Houstinger in Racine, WI."

T

train

It would be sad to know that this comes to light as was stated by evan and shawnisathief...

On a historical note - has this happened with any other previous members here?...

(I know the talk of trading via mail, but that is much more informal that a system such as ebay, etc...)

N

Notepad

Ah, a good point, Mikeymike. It does smell somewhat of a setup when you put it that way.

However, I'm 99% sure Timster=Houts. Just read their stuff. They look so much alike.

Here's a comment Timster posted waaaay back in the day to one of my articles:

Timster
Posted: Jul 22, 2002 5:34 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No, it isn't me.
Write for here Sean? Why would I?

1: They have a policy about language. Not that I swear much, but I don't care for it.

2: The editors are idiots. Yes, I know who they are, so I have a reason to say this.

3: This site is.....oink....I would write what I would want. No questions.
This site doesn't have that flexibility.

TRIP
TWRIP
GOROROROGG
!
Sounds like stuff Houts has had issues with in the past. Especially the language and having trouble with editors stuff. Hmm. :rolleyes:

To note: I am still not saying Houts is or isn't doing scams. We have no way of knowing. That is why people with allegations against him should take those charges to the proper law enforcement authorities! Let the sherrifs do the detective work, if you actually have some evidence. Otherwise, it really does just look like a smear campaign against Houts.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I agree. It's very easy to impersonate someone else on the Net.

Not sure if HOUTS has even seen this thread, though not sure what good it would do even he does. I mean, you either deny it or confirm it and what idiot is going to confirm it? Maybe he's subscribing to the "no comment" theory which is probably best anyways.