Mooseman
Rokapoke

Risk:
Rokapoke

Other War game:
Rokapoke

B

BigBlue

I am not all that interested... but I will gladly run Talisman... Like I said, it will take me time to set it up...

turgy22

Nothing Special
I don't really feel like learning a new game, but I'll play something I know.

Monopoly:
Mooseman
Rokapoke
Turgy22

Talisman:
Mooseman
Rokapoke

Risk:
Rokapoke
Turgy22

Other War game:
Rokapoke

D

DarthFerret

If it is Talisman, will have to learn what to do and how.

Monopoly:
Mooseman
Rokapoke
Turgy22
DarthFerret

Talisman:
Mooseman
Rokapoke
DarthFerret

Risk:
Rokapoke
Turgy22
DarthFerret

Other War game:
Rokapoke

B

BigBlue

No problem DF & others...

A) it's really pretty simple - I'd say less 'knowledge' required than Monopoly even.
B) I'll lay out the rules etc when it's run.
C) It is like a turn based RPG - very few rules are required.

A turn goes like:

1) Roll the dice
2) choose which direction you go (Left or Right)
3) when you get to a square, if someone else is on the square, you may deal w/ them or deal w/ the square.
4) End of Turn.

Yeah, it's a bit more complicated than that... but that's about it. After about 2 or 3 turns, everyone will have the hang of it.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
More players

Monopoly: (i'll make a google doc spreadsheet for this)
Mooseman
Rokapoke
Turgy22
DarthFerret
TomB

Talisman:
Mooseman
Rokapoke
DarthFerret
TomB

Risk:
Rokapoke
Turgy22
DarthFerret

Other War game:
Rokapoke
Mooseman (maybe)

turgy22

Nothing Special
TomB signed up for Risk or Talisman, not Monopoly.
We currently stand with a 3-way tie.

Mooseman
Rokapoke
Turgy22
DarthFerret

Talisman:
Mooseman
Rokapoke
DarthFerret
TomB

Risk:
Rokapoke
Turgy22
DarthFerret
TomB

Other War game:
Rokapoke
Mooseman (maybe)

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Mooseman;275273 said:
Can't we play more than one game?
That would be difficult for me personally, so if I must choose between them I vote for learning something new and playing a game of Talisman...;)

B

BigBlue

As I stated earlier... I won't be ready until January... So, you can wait if you like, or play something else in the meantime...

I did see my Talisman box yesterday... :) just no time to start any type of transcribing everything to excel...

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Ahhh, I missed that part earlier...Well then, for now I guess put me down for Risk/LotR Risk instead, and if BB gets Talisman set up quicker than expected we can talk about it again...:)

Killer Joe

TomB signed up for Risk or Talisman, not Monopoly.
We currently stand with a 3-way tie.

Mooseman
Rokapoke
Turgy22
DarthFerret

Talisman:
Mooseman
Rokapoke
DarthFerret
TomB
Killer Joe

Risk:
Rokapoke
Turgy22
DarthFerret
TomB

Other War game:
Rokapoke
Mooseman (maybe)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Just a clarification, this would be LOTR Risk which I would run (unless someone else wants to run regular Risk again). I thought it would be a nice change :)

And the other wargame is Fortress America, which again I would run. If someone else wants to chime in with another wargame they want to run, that's fine.

I'm up to playing anything else.

Mooseman
Rokapoke
Turgy22
DarthFerret
Spiderman

Talisman:
Mooseman
Rokapoke
DarthFerret
TomB
Killer Joe
Spiderman

LOTR Risk (run by Spiderman):
Rokapoke
Turgy22
DarthFerret
TomB

Fortress America (Max of 4 players and run by Spiderman):
Rokapoke
Mooseman (maybe)

B

BigBlue

OK, so I started typing in the board yesterday (actually almost done w/ the board)... And I realized this game isn't quite as easy as I remembered... it's still not rocket science by any stretch... but there are some things which need knowing. :)

When I am ready, I will make a link to the board on a spreadsheet at Google.

I'll also post about 2 turns worth of simulated game to show how it works for those who've never seen the game. It's going to be harder for me to run than it is for you guys to play. I'd like to try to adapt the game a bit for online play to keep it moving... but this won't be easy. If a play is obvious, I guess I'll make the obvious choice and move on (if a person wants it different we'll change it).

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
So... you guys want to run Monopoly while we wait for BigBlue to get Talisman ready? You want to wait until the current Risk game is finished? Those who signed up for LOTR Risk want to play along with Monopoly but also until the current Risk game finishes (especially since rokapoke is still running it and DF is still playing....)

R

rokapoke

I'm good either way. At this point Risk isn't too time-consuming, particularly with Modus' extended absence.

D

DarthFerret

I can play both, but like I said may not have a lot of contact during the week of Christmas

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
DarthFerret;275567 said:
I can play both, but like I said may not have a lot of contact during the week of Christmas
Not all of us will, so there is not time limit for turns here, we can focus more on playing in Jan......