Impasse

N

Nightstalkers

Originally posted by train
"Yes, we're all humans and we need...'love'..."
Love? this is a concept for those whom wish to expunge themselves from the animal kingdom. I do support its ideals as much as possible but not when the real goal is towards propogation.

That might just be me, but I still have doubts about the freedom of some specific genetic projects that are still unaccounted for from a certain event pertaining with a certain person that has gone missing in Iraq.

T

train

I'll try to define it...

Main Entry: friend
Pronunciation: 'frend
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English frend, from Old English frEond; akin to Old High German friunt friend, Old English frEon to love, frEo free
Date: before 12th century
1 a : one attached to another by affection or esteem b : ACQUAINTANCE
2 a : one that is not hostile b : one that is of the same nation, party, or group
3 : one that favors or promotes something (as a charity)
4 : a favored companion
5 capitalized : a member of a Christian sect that stresses Inner Light, rejects sacraments and an ordained ministry, and opposes war -- called also Quaker
- friend·less /'fren(d)-l&s/ adjective
- friend·less·ness noun
- be friends with : to have a friendship or friendly relationship with
- make friends with : to establish a friendship or friendly relations with

And Nightstalkes - Duke posted your quoted statement...

See Duke - you and I are so alike, we confuse the masses of Nightstalkers...;)

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

I've been there before, but I have had no success of any kind like what you'd need, so I can't help you now.

But if you're the type of person whose transfixed obsessions (or a less scary equivalent, crushes) on people changes from month to month, wait and see if maybe you start liking some of your female friends.
That just above is where I am right now. :D So in a month or two or something my take on this could be a lot different... :cool:

EDIT:
Train: I think the Nightstalkers mistake who quotes what on purpose. It's happened in at least two other places. :)

DÛke:
Originally posted by DÛke
Yeah...if you can define it, if anyone can define it, I can probably reveal what lies underneath it.
That, in a nutshell, is why you have trouble really connecting to people deep down. Either there's something there or there isn't, and you don't want to enter a process which can result in there being a good thing underneath everything, because a lot of it is crap, true.
So maybe you will end up being deeply in love with someone for a while, maybe not. Either way it can be good or bad, and I'm not saying you should pick one over the other.

D

DÛke

No, Alex, that's not why I have a hard time connect to people.

Take Kyle (Aku), for example - we've been friends for almost a year and a half now, yet, it is not that we don't "connect," it is just that, on an inward level, there is nothing in common. No! Even more - in that level, there can be nothing in common - and this is not just between him and I, but between anyone and I, and anyone and everyone else.

I have yet to meet a person who confesses that his or her friends really know him or her - no, really know him on a level so deep, so profound, so...unrealistic...that it becomes absurd to imagine. Is that ever possible? But, it is not like that is what I look for in a friend or any other relationship. Suppose that there is a person out there who lives in that deep and profound absurdity of existence - how do we go about befriending that person? We can befriend his surface, maybe even dive towards his inward essence...but how far towards the absurd can we go? Not far at all, and still, the further we go, the more absurd it becomes, the more absurd he begins to seem to us...

...You have friends, no? Well, how many of them know you in such a way that I described? I doubt any of them. Most people do not know themselves in that way either - yes, indeed, it is still absrud for the person himself to know himself that way.

Sageridder, before, mentioned how we are all here in this message board as friends, because we have a thing in common: a card game. That is what kind of friends we can be, and that is the kind of friends we will have for the rest of our lives, not just us here, but humanity: we only "have a thing in common," a surface-material that looks "common" to us, a habit "popular" amongst people, and thus they become "friends."

Just look at the definition train presented...do you really want me to dissect it? It'd be one long ^$$ post, but...

Are we sure they are friends we seek, not just people who entertain our idiocy, stupidity, and unstable existence? Are hey lovers, or are they people who save us from loneliness - a loneliness that, if anything, is blessed - it enables you to know yourself in that super-inward, super-absurd, unrealistic manner.

You say friends...I call them enemies.

N

Nightstalkers

Originally posted by Vega Goodman
EDIT:
Train: I think the Nightstalkers mistake who quotes what on purpose. It's happened in at least two other places. :)

Quote, delete everything except what I'm replying to...

Is this right yet? We know its happened before and we're getting pissed at using this stupid quote button instead of doing it ourselves.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

I didn't say it's why I have a hard time connecting to people deep down... ;)

True, that little comment was just sort of tacked on there without much of an effort to flesh it out and to see whether or not it was actually correct.

But I've known myself like that for a few seconds at a time, although it has been impossible to recapture or approximate since; and I believe it is possible for people, not just strangers, particular people, to know each other like that for a few seconds of ecstatic bliss before the shields go up. They might do it at different times; if they are extremely lucky they'll both do it at once. Surely it is exceedingly rare; you would say impossible but I don't know yet and my answer could be different from yours even after all is said and done for us.
I hope to know someone like that at the same time as they do me but I'm not gonna hold my breath, fair enough.
Maybe I'm optimistic because I have a very recently new feeling that things might resolve this way with a friend of mine...

But sorry to say you don't usually get it at the grocery store, hard luck Aku.

N

Nightstalkers

Sounds like someone needs a hug :rolleyes:

<Eris: Goddess of Chaos ;)>