Impasse

A

Aku Necromancer

Is creating an intimate relationship with a stranger possible?

i.e. Some smokin' good looking chick works at the local grocery store, can you make something work? How go about it?

S

Svenmonkey

Stalk her. Then you can pretend there's a relationship.

A

Aku Necromancer

Originally posted by Svenmonkey
Stalk her. Then you can pretend there's a relationship.
Sounds like a plan...No, wait, I'm searching for a serious answer…

Try again princess…

N

Nightstalkers

Hmm, a Nightstalker in Connecticut tried a fling with one of his college class students... It was kinda kinky none the less :confused: Still don't know how that started

*Thinks*

The world is a wierd and wonderful place I guess.

A

Apollo

I went on a bus trip to New York where I was ostensibly a tour guide... there was a good-looking girl on the bus and I randomly hit on her, and whaddaya know, it worked. So it's possible, I guess.

And the way I went about it is that I was helping little old ladies off the bus and she came up and I jokingly offered her my assistance, thereby starting a conversation. Dunno what you can do with that. :p

T

train

Is creating an intimate relationship with a stranger possible?
i.e. Some smokin' good looking chick works at the local grocery store, can you make something work? How go about it?
Intimate with a stranger - No.
Wild passion with a stranger maybe...

You have to get to know her(to the point she's not a stranger, and you both like each other) in order to have an intimate relationship...

Now, ask yourself what you believe a relationship is. Then if you'd like to have that with her...

Introduce yourself to her - or look at her name badge... Know her name before you speak to her, but be pleased when she introduces herself, especially if she's smiling...

"A person giving out information about themself, even a name, is more than breaking the ice, it's opening the door..."

This line worked a few times - and it realy wasn't a pick-up line, but more of a "I'm not going to be disturbed I was turned down line...":

"Would you like to go out for a drink, or possibly get something to eat?"
She'll then say yes or no.
-If yes - do the smart thing and set up a time, place, and date - and make it all known then - surprises on a first "date" may get her thinking too much... and may make you seem a little "creepy"
-If no - Tell her "You were worth asking, even knowing you might say no. Maybe I'll see you around. It was nice to meet you." Smile, and walk off...

If she says she has a boyfriend, "He's one lucky guy. Well, you were worth asking. It was nice to meet you." Smile and walk off...

The reason you say - "You were worth..." Is that it establishes you had a direct interest in her. It gives her a sense of value, beyond her outward appearance. Maybe she'll ask you to "hold on a minute" and then you'll start talking... Maybe she'll fess up she doesn't have a boyfriend - even better, and maybe you'll get that start on your intimate relationship...

If you still don't have the guts - buy some, or rent some, whatever you have to do...

train.;)

D

DÛke

train:

If she says she has a boyfriend, "He's one lucky guy. Well, you were worth asking. It was nice to meet you." Smile and walk off...
Ok, so let me get this straight: you tell her she's "worth" it...and you just "walk off"? Wow - a very worthy gesture to undertake, assuming that one had interest at all.
train:

The reason you say - "You were worth..." Is that it establishes you had a direct interest in her. It gives her a sense of value, beyond her outward appearance.
Yah. And I'm sure just walking off will emphasize this "direct interest" and..."sense of value."

Aku - let me be a little more honest: you don't have to lie to people to get them to like you, like what train seems to suggest - you don't need false flattery as "you were worth it," unless you know, for a fact, that she is worth it - truly worth it "beyond her outward appearance." But, if it is the outward sense of appearance that you are hungry for, then yes - that comment would establish a good link. You are, however, in want of a "serious" relationship - that comment, plus walking off would really make you a jerk, even if a jerk only to yourself. It's bad manners.

What you do is - you get to know her. You need not ask any direct question, but instead, be yourself - form an "indirect" type of relationship. For example, just this last semester I made a very nice friendship with a girl who did have a boyfriend. I never asked about her relationships, but she revealed it as a part of a casual, friendly conversation. In fact, casual talks, and talks concerning ethics homework (I had her in my ethics class), we got to know each other very well - she knows what I am all about, she knows where I am from, where I went to school...and other little information. And contrariwise.

How to break the ice?

You can't. The ice "breaks itself." I mean, you are at work with her right! - I am surprised that you still have "ice" between you: most workers are close anyway. I remember when I had my telemarketing job...I got to know pretty much most people within a week - and there were at least 30 people. I got 3 phone numbers, few emails, 2 hit-ons, and too many casual conversations to recall.

Do you not all complain about the job or the manager? Or...something? For example, not many adored the manager fully; some laughed at him underhandedly; sometimes I join in because it is what I feel as well, sometimes I leave myself out. And whenever I join in - we find something in common, over and beyond our nausea for the manager or whatever issue. Other doors open up, and slowly, we become more friendly and casual towards each other, as oppose to reserved, which, I believe is your case.

There was a war on Iraq, and before that, the war on Afghanistan - surely those are good ways to start a conversation: these things people talk about casually, and most don't really mind if another one would join in to offer his opinion.

Another thing: I find that most people I have known came on to me, and not contrariwise. I look like an American, but as soon as I talk, my accent as an Arabian really shows...some smile, some cringe, and some are interested enough to know all about the Arabian culture, Iraq, my personal views on this or that war, this or that president, and so on. It is very casual, and nothing personal. Although I seem very opinionated, with people in real life, I just smile when I disagree, and offer my point of view...since I know that most of these people I will not really see much of anyway - our relationship is casual.

But you know, it is from this casual that you can ascend to a higher level of relationship, as to an intimate relationship, or even a good friendship. Walking off is never good, because you will still see her everyday you work: and how awkward would that be? Asking direct questions may lead to awkward situations both in the reply of the person and all moments after: that's why you don't ask them, but you, first, create a casual atmosphere and a casual relationship. If you don't have those, you will establish not much, or if any, only by pure luck.

By the time you are well submerged underneath a casual friendship, chances are, many information would have been revealed…as in whether the person is in any intimate relationship, if they are interested in you “that way,” and other little facts. With due time, too, they might come on to you...which is what happened to me in my telemarketing job. Sadly, I don't need any relationships or anyone to keep my company...I like reservation.

I noticed they were hitting on me because they were, truly, lonely anyway. Instead of living this loneliness of theirs, they try to incapacitate me with their little worries and...little thoughts. I find that all people who I "loved" or who have fallen "in love" with me are...no, not losers...but people who cannot stand on their own and by themselves: they cannot live alone and happily, and that I consider a negative, "put off," aspect of a living being.

There.

M

Mazzak

Casual is definitely the way to start. Friends make infinitely better lovers than strangers who you just thought were hot.

T

train

Aku - remember... that's duke posting...

"I know, I know, I posted too..."

and Duke - he didn't work with her - she worked at the grocery store...

I'm sure if he worked with her he'd at least know her name, and would have at least said hi to her by now...

And you don't stay around after being rejected... you were rejected for a reason... but it's better to leave a comment behind than nothing at all...

"I asked if you'd go to dinner with me and you said no?... Well then I'm just going to stand here..."

You move on, and realize that you gave it a shot- hopefully your best...

D

DÛke

Oh, I missed the part that she didn't work with him. Then, Aku, by all means, you either have the guts or not. I, personally, do not do these kind of approaches. You go to school, you have a job...surely there are "hot chicks" there. You can't really be just buying something and just fling a line...there is something unclassy about it. But this is just me. It is much easier when you are in some way involved with the person, as in a work or a school atmosphere.
train:

What's this? <laugh> I'll have you know that Kyle (Aku) and I are good friends. Don't be surprised to see that some people actually have friends who disagree with them, who do not agree to anything, yet are friends nevertheless. You know, there are friends that are not merely whores of agreebleness. :) But I'm sure such a thing easily flings by you most of the time. Not that it's a bad thing! :D

T

train

Duke - I wrote that based on the in-depth post you noveled...

Assuming that he didn't work with her - as the post indicates - It's an "all guts, or no glory" scenario.

I do agree with you Duke, that it's easier to ask someone out that you work with or know somehow, but this is a stranger Aku was wanting to get to know intimately...

Since they don't know each other through any other means - best thing to do is just introduce yourself and ask...

"And don't stalk... stalking is for the birds!..."
*Glances over towards Apollo...*

Whatever you do Aku, - best wishes!...:D

A

Aku Necromancer

You see, Aku has all of these hang-ups in life…thanks for the recommendations people…ill see where this leads me…

I am outta news…there's all sorts of whining kids at my job this morning and I'm about ready to snap…

N

Nightstalkers

Might i suggest that you sell the kids to the black market...

Hey, just trying to help save up for the Ferrari that you really need if you don't like "whining kids."

A

Aku Necromancer

Originally posted by Nightstalkers
Might i suggest that you sell the kids to the black market...

The idea crossed my mind…unfortunately I think someone beat me to it…

*eyes Dûke and train suspiciously*

T

train

Hey I'm married...

"No honey... I don't know what she's doing in our bedroom..."

N

Nightstalkers

Or you could... Done :D, or... done also :) Howabout.... already made :(...

:rolleyes: lacerate peoples tires until a reward is posted and frame it all on your neighbor

T

train

Any news Aku?...

"If you need someone to beat-up her current boyfriend(and shout "this is what you get for messing with my girl!" while doing so...) just let me know...";)

A

Aku Necromancer

No news….I have been to the store a few times, however I have yet to see her….and a question keeps rolling in my mind, "Jesus….I wonder if she is still in High School…"

I was actually more concerned what other peoples thoughts were on this type of situation….knowing my lust for being shy, nothing will probably come from this…

D

DÛke

What I find strange is why are you in such a need for a relationship...

"Yes, we're all humans and we need...'love'..."

I honestly do not understand people's need for lovers or friends...

...I just don't see what lovers offer, and I've had many, by the way. As for friends, really...what is the definition of a "friend" these days? Yeah...if you can define it, if anyone can define it, I can probably reveal what lies underneath it.

A

Aku Necromancer

In all seriousness…I really don’t have much of a need to get in a relationship…it would be nice…sure, needed? No…and I am not making it my top priority…its more or less my last. I have far to many other things to worry about….I was just a little curious on people's thoughts…:)

Our society tells us we need a relationship to be something (High school hogwash)…Actually…in a few ways I despise relationships…I have (had) a few friends who supposedly found there true love miraculously…and I end up never seeing them again…never.

There social life revolves around the relationship and everything else is darkness…yes leave all your friends in the dust,…thank you. When it comes time for them to need help…they better not knock at my door…